Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What to do with a non-destroyable all-skill reset

LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in General Chat
So my friend has what she's explained to me as a Skill reset capsule that she cant get rid of. Im wondering if its like resetting skills with Duncan and shes hesitant on rebirthing until she works out what this is. I know its vague but any help is awesome folks

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited August 14, 2017
    All-skill reset capsules do work like Duncan: they derank every skill that can be deranked. She'll get all the AP she spent on skills refunded, all skill-gained stats will be removed, and any master titles will be regranted upon reranking the skill back to rank 1. Mostly useful if you want to rank a skill that involves monster levels and your combat power is extremely high.
    If she can't destroy or trade it and doesn't want to use it, she can submit a ticket through the customer support portal and have a GM remove it.
    XiokunAstralBlue[Deleted User]
  • AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    From the top of my head all of this happens when you use an All Skill Reset Capsule:
    1. All skills get deranked to Rank F. Any skill that was Rank F or Rank N prior to the use of the skill reset capsule will remain the same.
    2. You regain AP that you used to rank those skills.
    3. Any skill training will start back at 0.00 for whichever rank it was left off at. So if Magnum Shot Rank 6 79.12/100.00 training was done, and you used that skill reset capsule, when you re-rank that skill up back, it will start off at Rank 6 0.00/100.00.
    4. If you have any skills at Rank 1 and it has been mastered, do not worry, as soon as you rank that skill back to Rank 1, you will automatically get that skill's master title back.
    5. Talent levels will drop accordingly since those all of those skills will get deranked, which in turn means you will lose any talent bonuses from those talent levels.
    6. No you will not get more AP from hitting Journal Achievement milestones for those talents. In other words, if you hit Expert Warrior again, you won't get the AP reward again. It's a one-time thing.

Please keep in mind that since all of your talent levels will drop, Lord SMs and anything else that has a similar requirement cannot be done unless you reach the requirements again.
    [Deleted User]
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    sweet thanks folks =D
    She's been playing off and on for almost 10 years so she was just super worried about losing all her progress and I guess she has never once used Duncan's rest either. And since the game was vague on describing what happens if she used it, like concerning the AP, she was doubly scared.
    But despite this she was worried about asking herself about it since she's had bad experiences with online gaming communities ^^;; But I wanted to share this thread with her to show mabinogi folks are awesome! So thanks being as such and keep at it!
    [Deleted User]
  • ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Be warned.

If the user has a great deal of skills trained (a lot of rank 1 skills); using this may cause the game to crash.

Memory-overload (crash to desktop) --- However, they will still get the proper points returned. ~ Be ready for it.

Unless this has been addressed recently (within the last 6 months), it still holds true today.

~ I had a love/hate relationship with these. :)

I can attest to this. I did my first Duncan reset a few weeks ago and the game crashed. All AP was refunded but it gave me a hear attack.
    [Deleted User]