Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Skill Advancement Renewal

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
in Vault
Are you ready for some Dan-tastic challenges that are only for those who mastered certain skills? Well now’s the time to become the true master of some new dan-able skills, because they are now more powerful than ever! Check out what’s new.

00J6I-a14f68d6-7116-484f-962d-318f4330af0b.jpg

New Advanceable Skills
  • Shooting Rush
  • Flash Launcer
  • Kunai Storm
  • Shuriken Charge
  • Chain: Charging Strike
  • Chain: Spinning Uppercut
  • Chain: Pummel
  • Act 4: Rising Action
  • Act 6: Crisis
  • Potion Making
  • Hillwen Engineering
  • Magic Craft
  • Charge
  • Lance Charge
  • Crash Shot
  • Assault Slash
  • Ice Spear
  • Thunder
  • Fireball
  • Lightning Rod
  • Healing
  • Water Cannon
  • Sand Burst
  • Flame Burst

Other Changes
  • Skills that are rank Dan are now more powerful!
  • You can now take an Advancement Test regardless of the time, day, and channel, but you can only take it once a day if you pass.
  • Star symbols appear next to the skills that can be advanced to Dan.
  • Advancement Ranking has been removed.
  • Advancement Rewards have changed.
  • Advancement Assignments have changed.
  • There are new Journal Achievements for Advancement.
  • Receive a Title for advancing a skill to Dan for that respective Talent.
  • There are now different animation effects for skills that are rank Dan 1 or higher.
  • Combo Cards are now customizable with the advanceable skills if you reach certain goals.

Eligibility Certificates
If you get all available skills to Dan for a respective talent, you can receive a Eligibility Certificate for that talent. Equip it to have a special idle animation.
  • Alchemy Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Alchemy skills are 3rd Dan.
  • Combat Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Combat skills are 3rd Dan.
  • Dual Gun Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Dual Gun skills are 3rd Dan.
  • Fighter Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Fighter skills are 3rd Dan.
  • Life Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Life skills are 3rd Dan.
  • Magic Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Magic skills are 3rd Dan.
  • Ninja Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Ninja skills are 3rd Dan.
  • Puppetry Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Puppetry skills are 3rd Dan.

Advancement Celebration Event
Event Dates: Thursday, August 17 - Wednesday, August 30
  • Complete Caravan Joe's Call to receive Caravan Joe's Daily Mission.
  • Finish Caravan Joe's Daily Mission to receive an Advancement Skill Boost Up Box.
  • Advancement Skill Boost Up Box contains a Complete Skill EXP Potion (1 Day) (Event), Special Tendering Potion S (Event), Production Failure Potion (Event), and an AP 10 Potion.

SJCwU7C.png

New Enchants
  • Rocket Arrow (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Life skills are at 3rd Dan.
  • Designer (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Life skills are at 3rd Dan.
  • Deadly Blow (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Combat skills are at 3rd Dan.
  • Robin Hood (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Combat skills are at 3rd Dan.
  • Intense (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Combat skills are at 3rd Dan.
  • Encyclopedic (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Magic skills are at 3rd Dan.
  • Stone of Sage (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Alchemy skills are at 3rd Dan.
  • Master of Martial Arts (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Martial Arts skills are at 3rd Dan.
  • Will of Doll (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Puppetry skills are at 3rd Dan.
  • Rapid Fire Maniac (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Dual Gun skills are at 3rd Dan.
  • Wild Ninja (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Ninja skills are at 3rd Dan.

Combo Cards

New Skills
  • Shuriken Charge
  • Sand Burst
  • Lightning Rod
  • Kunai Storm

Customizable Combo Card Skills
Collect Advancement Badges by ranking your skills to Dan 3 and bring them to the Advancement Guide to unlock the Combo Card Customization option.
  • Windmill
  • Magnum Shot
  • Smash
  • Charge
  • Crash Shot
  • Lance Charge
  • Assault Slash
  • Firebolt
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Icebolt
  • Lightning Rod
  • Thunder
  • Ice Spear
  • Fireball
  • Water Cannon
  • Flame Burst
  • Sand Burst
  • Chain: Charging Strike
  • Chain: Spinning Uppercut
  • Chain: Pummel
  • Act 4: Rising Action
  • Act 6: Crisis
  • Shooting Rush
  • Flash Launcher
  • Kunai Storm
  • Shuriken Charge

Comments

• FableAuraFableAura
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,155
    Totally down for doing some more Dan stuff! Was secretly hoping I could Dan Blaze though. ;P
  • Darkfire16Darkfire16
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Oh my god, FINALLY!

I've been wanting to Dan fighter for so long but it was never possible!
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited August 17, 2017
    korean trolling warning: now we have to accumulate 100 training points at r1 to be able to do any test.
    Syrentus
  • SyrentusSyrentus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,140
    Pannya wrote: »
    korean trolling warning: now we have to accumulate 100 training points at r1 to be able to do any test.

I think that's fair, will be hellish for skills such as...Engineering and Magic Craft...haha....but over-all I think it's okay. Just dan other things in the meantime. :P
  • ZippyZippy
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    The Skill training seals do not work on any of the skills I have left to train. What is the story?
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited August 17, 2017
    Zippy wrote: »
    The Skill training seals do not work on any of the skills I have left to train. What is the story?

I was curious about that too, and was gonna say that. Its like COOL I got 4 training seals then go to use "This item Cannot be used with that skill."
    Does Nexon just like trolling the players to see how much they will take before getting totally pissed off, and quitting?

Edit: I FOUND SOMETHING THEY WORK ON! POTION MAKING!
    My guess is they work only on those skills that say we can advance them for the Dan stuff which almost all mine are R1 already outside potion making ohh well.

Edit 2 Tried it on hillwen engineering yup worked on that too which is another with that icon next to it. So yea they could have said only usable on skills that can be advanced past R1
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Do the tests still require a number of people to apply for the same test in a short time frame or are we able to take the tests solo now?
  • EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Aww. They removed the dan outfits from the arena. You can't buy em anymore, I was really looking forward to having a dan3 outfit. :<
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited August 17, 2017
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Do the tests still require a number of people to apply for the same test in a short time frame or are we able to take the tests solo now?

I took mine solo and passed. :P
    Took me 5 times to finally pass. Raaa.
    Passed with 10k points for Kunai Storm.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    The guy in the hat... That's the 7th Year Milletian from the Saga, isn't it? Funny for him to somehow appear again. :P
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Harukari wrote: »
    Kokoro wrote: »

I took mine solo and passed. :P
    Took me 5 times to finally pass. Raaa.
    Passed with 10k points for Kunai Storm.

Thank you for confirming!
    Fluorette wrote: »
    The guy in the hat... That's the 7th Year Milletian from the Saga, isn't it? Funny for him to somehow appear again. :P

Yeah him and that girl with the horn helmet are basically the milletian representatives/mascots that show up in lots of the KR event videos.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    Syrentus wrote: »
    Pannya wrote: »

I think that's fair, will be hellish for skills such as...Engineering and Magic Craft...haha....but over-all I think it's okay. Just dan other things in the meantime. :P

No, is not fair, is trolling, will be a hell to get any dan for most of the life skills, and there is not even a good reward for doing it. If you are actually agree with that then you work for nexon.
  • RaintheswordRainthesword
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
    edited August 17, 2017
    Can we get some numbers for these, for example I had like around 5k points and that was a Rank B for Kunai Storm and getting around 7k Points passed me for my first Dan.
    On another note the event asked us to complete a daily mission but I already did it prior to starting the event quest, do I have to wait for tomorrow or is their another option?

Aussie Latency Rip.
  • FableAuraFableAura
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,155
    Can we get some numbers for these, for example I had like around 5k points and that was a Rank B for Kunai Storm and getting around 7k Points passed me for my first Dan.
    On another note the event asked us to complete a daily mission but I already did it prior to starting the event quest, do I have to wait for tomorrow or is their another option?

Aussie Latency Rip.

Looks like 6K is the sweet spot for Dan1 - a breeze with lightning bolt, but hell on wheels for ice bolt. The scoring system seems really unbalanced. :(
  • MazanakiMazanaki
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    The score you need depends on the dan rank you are working towards. This is from the wiki page.

812e20b9f2.png
  • AmyureAmyure
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    edited August 22, 2017
    These tests need some point tuning. I've never gotten 12k points yet it is REQUIRED for Dan 3. Here's is my best run:

I was EXTREMELY lucky and even then, I had 10k points. I've run this test more than 40 times and I've only gotten to 10k TWICE. Unless you're hitting 30% YOLOMAG crits, you aren't going to get Dan 3, and you need to do it throughout the scenario.
  • SlickestSlickest
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Amyure wrote: »
    These tests need some point tuning. I've never gotten 12k points yet it is REQUIRED for Dan 3. Here's is my best run:

I was EXTREMELY lucky and even then, I had 10k points. I've run this test more than 40 times and I've only gotten to 10k TWICE. Unless you're hitting 30% YOLOMAG crits, you aren't going to get Dan 3, and you need to do it throughout the scenario.

Yeah frick its not fair, i cant even get 10k,
  • SeikakazeSeikakaze
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    Slickest wrote: »

With the ping difference from EU it requires far too much luck for my liking . :(
  • LonefoxLonefox
    Mabinogi Rep: 525
    Got Dan 3 Water Cannon and got a full Water Cannon Combo Card so far, curious if the bonus stats are fixed or if by rerolling the skill on the card if the bonus damage will increase.
    Hawlkk
  • Grimreaper97Grimreaper97
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Slickest wrote: »

Yeah. I was trying to do Dan 2 Shuriken Charge and it just... It's almost impossible to even get an S rank. I barely even got the A rank needed to pass r1 > Dan 1. So either I am doing something wrong or they just need to fine tune skills to points.