Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

This is why I hate going for nice enchants

TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
edited August 17, 2017 in General Chat
3iZRz9I.gif

And before anyone asks this is on Thursday with r1 enchant and finest firewood.
Kaga

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Jesus, you waited all this time? Then you finally burn it. Well at least you have some closure now. -pat pat-
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    My condolences...

Enchanting has needlessly low success rates and heavy punishments upon failure.
    PolicromaGoldtiger01
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910

I'd cry my friend..
  • WarriorsWarriors
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Hey at least you failed it when its only 4m compared to when they were 30m

Also Kokoro, it's 81% chance with finest firewood and r1 enchant so its just unlucky tbh

SkyahriKokoroOmorawrGoldtiger01
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Warriors wrote: »
    Hey at least you failed it when its only 4m compared to when they were 30m

Also Kokoro, it's 81% chance with finest firewood and r1 enchant so its just unlucky tbh

Hmm that's true. I guess my comment was more about enchanting in general. If TheNyanCat's burn succeeded, he would have had to fight RNG again to get the enchant on his stuff.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Literally had that gut feeling that I'd fail like that all day, friend encouraged me so I thought I'd get it over with but I started recording because I already knew it would happen. The one time I'm right...

Oh well, I just wish they would give us a way to raise the chance to at least 90%. Failing expensive burns and rare burns is one thing, failing a rare gacha only enchant that only comes around every once in awhile is just discouraging.
    KokoroCrimsọnbadnewsbarrett
  • WarriorsWarriors
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Literally had that gut feeling that I'd fail like that all day, friend encouraged me so I thought I'd get it over with but I started recording because I already knew it would happen. The one time I'm right...

Oh well, I just wish they would give us a way to raise the chance to at least 90%. Failing expensive burns and rare burns is one thing, failing a rare gacha only enchant that only comes around every once in awhile is just discouraging.

If you burn with Special firewood, it's 86%
    SkyahriCrimsọn
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Same exact thing happened to me. Worked the second time though.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat

If you burn with Special firewood, it's 86%

And you could still fail. It's a 5% difference but you'd need to fragment special items in order to get it.
  • WarriorsWarriors
    It's true, but honestly should've burned while midsummer boxes out so you could cop more at 4m before prices go up again. A 4m loss isn't too bad, but the longer you wait to get a new one the more expensive the potential cost will be
    SkyahriTheNyanCatOmorawr
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    edited August 17, 2017
    It's true, but honestly should've burned while midsummer boxes out so you could cop more at 4m before prices go up again. A 4m loss isn't too bad, but the longer you wait to get a new one the more expensive the potential cost will be

They were 5m in shops while the box was out, I only bought one cause I found two at 3.5m but decided I only needed one. [Insert irony here]

I'm just done with enchanting for now, just earlier I tried getting a 2+ hawk roll on my shoes and one of my friends were nice enough to give me two burns and a scroll. First one rolled the lowest possible speed 1, second one also rolled a 1, the third one didn't make it past the burn.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I feel ya buddy. If it makes u feel any better...I failed a 56th floor burn someone applied onto a Demonic Death Knight Sword...twice.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Imagine Haunted enchant burn fail...
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Imagine Haunted enchant burn fail...

I would just use whatever it came on cause holy hell.
    Kokoro
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Enchant burning really should just be 100% success rate. We're punished enough with the basic enchanting rates, adding a 20% self-destruct switch to rare enchants that can't be traded as scrolls is just plain mean.
    Raishii
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Enchant burning really should just be 100% success rate. We're punished enough with the basic enchanting rates, adding a 20% self-destruct switch to rare enchants that can't be traded as scrolls is just plain mean.

Agreed, as long as it requires something like r1 Campfire. Hard to believe we still have capped skills in 2017.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Buffalos wrote: »

You could say the same thing with 99% crafting, I can only feel for those who saved up tens of millions to craft things such as the huntress only to be screwed over by that 1% have literally see all their efforts go down the drain.

Honestly I am fine with burn rates not being 100% or even 90%, what I am not ok with is how you can fail and lose expensive enchants that you can't even obtain in game. But even then enchants like Heroic or even champion are rare and if anyone failed those burns it wouldn't be surprising if we didn't see them in game the next day. Getting these enchants take a lot of effort, having such low drop rates is fine but not when we have a fair chance to fail extracting them as well. It should really be one or the other, not both.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Kokoro wrote: »
    My condolences...

Enchanting has needlessly low success rates and heavy punishments upon failure.
    Sounds like Special Upgrades.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    *hugs*

:'( I'm sorry about that.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 17, 2017
    there's special firewood now that gets you 90-something % I think on burns but it costs like 2m to make and probably would have same results. gotta love this stupid Mabi RNG :C guess you didn't sacrifice enough dead bees

in case you're wondering and never heard of it, it's literally called special firewood. Most people know it as a material for celtic control bar but it does indeed work as a better-than-finest wood for burns

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Special_Firewood
This discussion has been closed.