Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Are you really kidding me

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
in General Chat
Skill Advancement Test: To take the test for a skill, you need to reach at least 100 on the skill training progression.

Why the hell do I have to re-do all the work I put in to master a skill to take this test? I have the freaking master title already but just because I resetted my skills, the training are all gone and apparently the game loves to torture you so much that it won't let me take the test.
GspinGoldtiger01

Comments

• HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,015
    edited August 17, 2017
    ShouK wrote: »
    Skill Advancement Test: To take the test for a skill, you need to reach at least 100 on the skill training progression.

Why the hell do I have to re-do all the work I put in to master a skill to take this test? I have the freaking master title already but just because I resetted my skills, the training are all gone and apparently the game loves to torture you so much that it won't let me take the test.

The mechanic you're describing is far from new. ~ (It's been this way for a long time). :|
    PolicromaGreta
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,445
    Rip life skills and magic.

Literally going to have to spend years to get 100 training on those.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,605
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Rip life skills and magic.

Literally going to have to spend years to get 100 training on those.

and archery. SS training rank 8 and beyond is horrible anothe x-x
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 17, 2017
    Don't sit there and pretend you were not aware of losing all training for r1 upon use of a skill reset.

I understand the anger (because of the event), but I don't understand the sudden case of amnesia.
    GretaVitulaVimiImaizumiSherriAstralBlue
  • ShouKShouK
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Don't sit there and pretend you were not aware of losing all training for r1 upon use of a skill reset.

I understand the anger (because of the event), but I don't understand the sudden case of amnesia.
    And where the heck in my post did I say that? I resetted my master skills ages ago before the event, so I did not reset it knowing that I can't take the test, if that's what you're getting.at.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 17, 2017

And where the heck in my post did I say that? I resetted my master skills ages ago before the event, so I did not reset it knowing that I can't take the test, if that's what you're getting.at.

I reset my skills a week or two ago as well, and I was totally aware at the time that I'd be losing the training for rank 1 on those skills. I was happy to keep my titles and not have to earn them again. I didn't say you said anything (define implication). Even in reply to you, folks are acting like this is a brand new game breaking mechanic, despite being this way for years. ~ It was this way before the event ... too.
  • ShouKShouK

I reset my skills a week or two ago as well, and I was totally aware at the time that I'd be losing the training for rank 1 on those skills. I was happy to keep my titles and not have to earn them again. I didn't say you said anything (define implication). Even in reply to you, folks are acting like this is a brand new game breaking mechanic, despite being this way for years. ~ It was this way before the event ...
    No one complains about losing training points after the reset, this thread is not even about that, I am saying it's ridiculous that we need to re-do the training to take the test.
    Goldtiger01
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 17, 2017

I reset my skills a week or two ago as well, and I was totally aware at the time that I'd be losing the training for rank 1 on those skills. I was happy to keep my titles and not have to earn them again. I didn't say you said anything (define implication). Even in reply to you, folks are acting like this is a brand new game breaking mechanic, despite being this way for years. ~ It was this way before the event ...
    No one complains about losing training points after the reset, this thread is not even about that, I am saying it's ridiculous that we need to re-do the training to take the test.

I didn't say it's not ridiculous.. ~ I said it's far from new.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,230
    edited August 17, 2017

Not a skill reset capsule in this case.

Going from rank 1 -> Dan 1 requires you to have at least 100 exp in the skill to take the test.
    Then once you complete the test and rank UP from rank 1 to dan 1, you lose all exp you had.

Then you have to train up to 100 exp again to start taking tests for dan 1 -> dan 2.
    etc etc for dan 2 -> dan 3.

It's going to be really lame for certain skills, Engineering, Magic Craft, Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Potion Making to name a few.
    KokoroTheNyanCatHardmuscleArjuneSherri
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Aww that sucks...

Hope you guys like Dustin Silver Knight Armours and Claymores. I'll be making a million of those...
    HardmuscleArjuneImaizumiIyasenuSherriGoldtiger01
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Aww that sucks...

Hope you guys like Dustin Silver Knight Armours and Claymores. I'll be making a million of those...

Same, already started duping the ingots with synthesis.
    KokoroHardmuscleIyasenu
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,150
    edited August 17, 2017

The mechanic you're describing is far from new. ~ (It's been this way for a long time). :|

it is new, stop spreading false information nexon worker.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 17, 2017
    Pannya wrote: »

No, it isn't (not all of it), and who are you to tell me what to do? ~ Is your bridge on fire?
  • PannyaPannya

No, it isn't, and who are you to tell me what to do? ~ Is your bridge on fire?

yes it is and i am better than you so i own you, you can go to hell of you dont like it.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 17, 2017

yes it is and i am better than you so i own you, you can go to hell of you dont like it.
    It's obvious you have a reading comprehension disorder. ~ Reported for trolling.
  • PannyaPannya
    edited August 17, 2017

It's obvious you have a reading comprehension disorder. ~ Reported for trolling.

As if I cared xD , the developers are a bunch of trolls for forcing players to do it all over again just to annoy them, i am not happy and i am not going to change my mind.
    Goldtiger01
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 17, 2017
    As if I cared xD , the developers are a bunch of trolls for forcing players to do it all over again just to annoy them, i am not happy and i am not going to change my mind.
    Oh right, and because I realize this didn't give birth to itself overnight (unlike the coma-clan), that must mean "I work for Nexon"..

~ You're a real comedian.
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    @Hardmuscle,

You seem to be an overly sensitive person with a thin skin. This is the second thread I've seen that you have claimed people are trolling. Honestly you made the first reference to trolls. You do realize this is a public forum and people might not agree with you. You can't claim everyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll.

Now to the topic at hand, what's the benefit of getting Dan ranks? Some things like Lance were so mindnumbing for me to train to rank 1 that unless the payout is huge, I'm never picking up another lance again.
    Goldtiger01
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 17, 2017
    @Hardmuscle,

You seem to be an overly sensitive person with a thin skin. This is the second thread I've seen that you have claimed people are trolling. Honestly you made the first reference to trolls. You do realize this is a public forum and people might not agree with you. You can't claim everyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll.

Now to the topic at hand, what's the benefit of getting Dan ranks? Some things like Lance were so mindnumbing for me to train to rank 1 that unless the payout is huge, I'm never picking up another lance again.

On the contrary, there seems to be a guild of people trying very hard to create unnecessary havoc in the forum. There is no legitimate reason (aside from trolling) to take every thing I say out of context and into a whirlwind of triple time stupidity. Especially when not being spoken to.

~ The pot calls the kettle black a lot around here.
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190

Well, I did firebolt dan 1 since I couldn't do Tailoring Dan 1; the damage went from 60 - 120 Fire Damage to 62 - 122 Fire Damage.
    My cousin did the Healing dan 1 and her heals went from 35-45 HP per charge to 39-47 HP per charge with restores wound recovery by 4.
    So maybe it will do more damage for Lance?