Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Are you really kidding me

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
in General Chat
Skill Advancement Test: To take the test for a skill, you need to reach at least 100 on the skill training progression.

Why the hell do I have to re-do all the work I put in to master a skill to take this test? I have the freaking master title already but just because I resetted my skills, the training are all gone and apparently the game loves to torture you so much that it won't let me take the test.
GspinGoldtiger01

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Rip life skills and magic.

Literally going to have to spend years to get 100 training on those.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Rip life skills and magic.

Literally going to have to spend years to get 100 training on those.

and archery. SS training rank 8 and beyond is horrible anothe x-x
  • ShouKShouK
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Don't sit there and pretend you were not aware of losing all training for r1 upon use of a skill reset.

I understand the anger (because of the event), but I don't understand the sudden case of amnesia.
    And where the heck in my post did I say that? I resetted my master skills ages ago before the event, so I did not reset it knowing that I can't take the test, if that's what you're getting.at.
  • ShouKShouK
    ShouK wrote: »
    Don't sit there and pretend you were not aware of losing all training for r1 upon use of a skill reset.

I understand the anger (because of the event), but I don't understand the sudden case of amnesia.
    And where the heck in my post did I say that? I resetted my master skills ages ago before the event, so I did not reset it knowing that I can't take the test, if that's what you're getting.at.

I reset my skills a week or two ago as well, and I was totally aware at the time that I'd be losing the training for rank 1 on those skills. I was happy to keep my titles and not have to earn them again. I didn't say you said anything (define implication). Even in reply to you, folks are acting like this is a brand new game breaking mechanic, despite being this way for years. ~ It was this way before the event ...
    No one complains about losing training points after the reset, this thread is not even about that, I am saying it's ridiculous that we need to re-do the training to take the test.
    Goldtiger01
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited August 17, 2017

I reset my skills a week or two ago as well, and I was totally aware at the time that I'd be losing the training for rank 1 on those skills. I was happy to keep my titles and not have to earn them again. I didn't say you said anything (define implication). Even in reply to you, folks are acting like this is a brand new game breaking mechanic, despite being this way for years. ~ It was this way before the event ...
    No one complains about losing training points after the reset, this thread is not even about that, I am saying it's ridiculous that we need to re-do the training to take the test.

I didn't say it's not ridiculous.. ~ I said it's far from new.

Not a skill reset capsule in this case.

Going from rank 1 -> Dan 1 requires you to have at least 100 exp in the skill to take the test.
    Then once you complete the test and rank UP from rank 1 to dan 1, you lose all exp you had.

Then you have to train up to 100 exp again to start taking tests for dan 1 -> dan 2.
    etc etc for dan 2 -> dan 3.

It's going to be really lame for certain skills, Engineering, Magic Craft, Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Potion Making to name a few.
    KokoroTheNyanCat[Deleted User]ArjuneSherri
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Aww that sucks...

Hope you guys like Dustin Silver Knight Armours and Claymores. I'll be making a million of those...
    [Deleted User]ArjuneImaizumiIyasenuSherriGoldtiger01
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Aww that sucks...

Hope you guys like Dustin Silver Knight Armours and Claymores. I'll be making a million of those...

Same, already started duping the ingots with synthesis.
    Kokoro[Deleted User]Iyasenu
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited August 17, 2017
    Skill Advancement Test: To take the test for a skill, you need to reach at least 100 on the skill training progression.

Why the hell do I have to re-do all the work I put in to master a skill to take this test? I have the freaking master title already but just because I resetted my skills, the training are all gone and apparently the game loves to torture you so much that it won't let me take the test.

The mechanic you're describing is far from new. ~ (It's been this way for a long time). :|

it is new, stop spreading false information nexon worker.
  • PannyaPannya

Pannya wrote: »

No, it isn't, and who are you to tell me what to do? ~ Is your bridge on fire?

yes it is and i am better than you so i own you, you can go to hell of you dont like it.
  • PannyaPannya
    edited August 17, 2017

No, it isn't, and who are you to tell me what to do? ~ Is your bridge on fire?

yes it is and i am better than you so i own you, you can go to hell of you dont like it.

It's obvious you have a reading comprehension disorder. ~ Reported for trolling.

As if I cared xD , the developers are a bunch of trolls for forcing players to do it all over again just to annoy them, i am not happy and i am not going to change my mind.
    Goldtiger01
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    @Hardmuscle,

You seem to be an overly sensitive person with a thin skin. This is the second thread I've seen that you have claimed people are trolling. Honestly you made the first reference to trolls. You do realize this is a public forum and people might not agree with you. You can't claim everyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll.

Now to the topic at hand, what's the benefit of getting Dan ranks? Some things like Lance were so mindnumbing for me to train to rank 1 that unless the payout is huge, I'm never picking up another lance again.
    Goldtiger01
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Now to the topic at hand, what's the benefit of getting Dan ranks? Some things like Lance were so mindnumbing for me to train to rank 1 that unless the payout is huge, I'm never picking up another lance again.

Well, I did firebolt dan 1 since I couldn't do Tailoring Dan 1; the damage went from 60 - 120 Fire Damage to 62 - 122 Fire Damage.
    My cousin did the Healing dan 1 and her heals went from 35-45 HP per charge to 39-47 HP per charge with restores wound recovery by 4.
    So maybe it will do more damage for Lance?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    @Hardmuscle,

You seem to be an overly sensitive person with a thin skin. This is the second thread I've seen that you have claimed people are trolling. Honestly you made the first reference to trolls. You do realize this is a public forum and people might not agree with you. You can't claim everyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll.

Skills improve at higher dan ranks.

Here's some examples

Dan 3 Icebolt
    96a07e9dd4.png
    I'd gotten this forever ago, so that's how it's Dan 3 already.

Dan 1 Healing
    ab996560ac.png
    I went from rank 1 to Dan 1 today.
    The training exp was reset (with 15.00 bonus due to event probably)
    It was Mastered before, and I kept the master title, but if I want to take the test for Dan 1 -> Dan 2, I'd have to get 100 points again. (at 0.02 per heal, lol)

Costs AP to rank up, the skills themselves get more effective, but there aren't any more stats to gain from "danning" skills.
    You also get these little seal things when you finish a test.
    ec257f4e43.png

You can use them at the Advancement Test Helper in the advancement hall in Emain Macha, and spending them lets you customize Combo Cards by placing any skills you have Dan3 in into the combo as you like.

The cost goes up if you try to make the combo have the same skill multiple times.
    [Deleted User]KokoroZurcishere
  • GspinGspin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220

Something similar happened to me. Mastered all puppet skills on my old main, but reset skills after returning a month ago and they're all r1 but empty training bar. The best way to see this is as a continuation of normal skill training. So of course you have to train it to 100. It's not GM, and it isn't really uncapping, it's an extension. It does make sense. I'd say just count your loses.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Since we're on the topic. Do you lose your Master Title progress if you advance to Dan, when you don't have the title yet?
  • PannyaPannya
    edited August 17, 2017
    I got my skills all the way to r1, i got my master training legally, no bots, no mods or cheaty features involved, i did it already and i dont want to do it again, keep my training as it is >.>
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited August 17, 2017
    TNinja wrote: »
    Since we're on the topic. Do you lose your Master Title progress if you advance to Dan, when you don't have the title yet?

Yeah, the bar and all training gets reset.

If you've earned the Master Title before the rest (like I had with my Healing skill), you don't lose the title you already have, and can still wear it after the training's been reset.
    [Deleted User]
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    edited August 17, 2017
    No need to get our panties in a wad on this thread. Stop your arguing or you're both probably part of the issue .-. I do not have anything against either of you, I just don't want people to get banned or get a warning because someone doesn't like how a piece of the game works, and then someone else replied to it using the same negative additude.

Negativity is a air-borne virus. It spreads quickly until it consumes everyone. Let's keep the forums peaceful, shall we?

As for the Dan ranks, I've had the test quest in my quest logs for quite sometime. I should probably get on with that :o
    [Deleted User]Sherri
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    No need to get our panties in a wad on this thread. Stop your arguing or you're both probably part of the issue .-. I do not have anything against either of you, I just don't want people to get banned or get a warning because someone doesn't like how a piece of the game works, and then someone else replied too it using the same negative additude.

Negativity is a air-borne virus. Is spreads quickly until it consumes everyone. Let's keep the forums peaceful, shall we?

As for the Dan ranks, I've had the test quest in my quest logs for quite sometime. I should probably get on with that :o

Right, so let's take turns, approximately every 10 minutes, to get the last word. ~ That really helps a lot. <3

I honestly have no idea what you mean? I wasn't trying to be rude, I'm just trying to politely ask that everyone take a deep breath and keep the forums a place we can all enjoy. I'm sure many others here do not enjoy getting on the forums only to see various people disrespecting each other.
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 17, 2017
    As if I cared xD , the developers are a bunch of trolls for forcing players to do it all over again just to annoy them, i am not happy and i am not going to change my mind.

What is this? New form of cringe talk? Nice trolling honey~. I'm amused, being so rude all of sudden for no reason.

yNiBv8S.gif

Yes, i love these forums. Interesting people gather here, so my popcorns never go to waste :D

[Deleted User]VitulaImaizumiVimiWolfandWolfSherri