Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Oldest Mabit Player

PepperPepper
Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
in General Chat
How old is the oldest person playing Mabi

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wow what a random question we got here... Why would you care anyway xD
  • MeyMey
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    it me

just kidding
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Probably in their 50's.
  • BelleBelle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
    Ageless
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    when you say old, you mean oldest time played?

oldest player in real life who is playing mabinogi?

oldest character in mabinogi?

or lastly you mean oldest known mabinogi player who isn't playing?
    SylviaWolfeMey
  • TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    watercat0
    watercat0 said:

when you say old, you mean oldest time played?

oldest player in real life who is playing mabinogi?

oldest character in mabinogi?

or lastly you mean oldest known mabinogi player who isn't playing?
    It's fairly obvious.
  • ShiftyShifty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    I knew a family who played Mabi afew years ago in Tarlach.

Ye, the grandma played too :D
    Wolfsinger
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    My father-in-law used to play back when Iria came out, he's roughly 50 I believe. He doesn't play anymore. So might not count for your question xD.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Should this game (or ones like it) survive, I'm hoping to play until I die. Videogames would be the perfect solution to boredom in old age (just as they are for me now lol). Not only are they great time-killers but there's the social aspect and being able to live youthfully through the character. Plus the connection you could form with children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews etc over it. I would not be surprised if people well into their 70s/80s play
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 29, 2016
    "Mabit". Sounds like Gromit or something. Now it's stuck in my head. Mabit, mabit, mabit, mabit...
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Don't know how old the oldest player might be but the oldest player I've met is I think 54 now and still playing. His son plays Mabi too.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    About 5 years ago there was a player in her 60's who played with her grand children
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I'm in my mid-late-30s and find that I'm significantly older than the majority, though I'm certainly by no means the oldest person around here.
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I think we had someone in her 70s or so who played mabi at one time.

How2rebirthinreallife?
  • KikurikappaKikurikappa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I remember a grandma playing on Tarlach too! :D The oldest I have spoken to was 35 I think and the youngest was 7.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 29, 2016
    Well I'm 32, I remember I started playing when I was 23 or 24 years old. People were such trollers back then. I am glad -most- of us have grown up since then. I will say that there are some players who have not broken out of their shell and are easily triggered.

-stabs some people in RuairiDiscord-

On the side subject. Why doesn't Mabinogi have their own official discord channel like other Nexon games do? Sabina and some other GM's could be running it. That way we don't have to deal with random crazy power tripping players claiming "official" channels.

Update: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/875/mabinogi-needs-their-own-official-discord-channel
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I think it's safe to say that someone in their 80's would be pretty old playing with their grandchild. That was around the time of Irias. Granted they weren't good at combat, but did a lot of general things and enjoyed the game for a bit.

As for the oldest character....any of those who are still active since open beta would be. There are very few of these seasoned characters.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yep most of us are in our 30's now.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited December 29, 2016
    The oldest player gameplaywise I know personally would be Herro who [if I recall currectly] played in KR's beta. He just isn't active on NA.
    I started this game 1 day before Iria came out on KR on Feb 2006 and have played NA since the first day of closed beta.

IRL age, no one will ever know. Someone could force their great grandparents to make a character for the day and claim that.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    The oldest player that I've known/met to play Mabi was in their mid-50s.
    Ktty