Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Permanent Age Potions

YoridenYoriden
Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
in Feedback and Suggestions
So I don't really understand the point of age potions in general, being just a week-long appearance change (if you time it right), but it does strike me as a more desirable item if the effects of the pet age potions were made more permanent. Imagine, for example, you had one of the canine pets and you would much prefer to keep it as a puppy- buy an age potion for it! Naturally, the effect would disappear if the pet were ever rebirthed.

You could even keep the temporary ones we have now but also introduce (more expensive) permanent versions- in case anyone actually has use for the short term ones.

This could work for character age potions as well, with the effect disappearing upon rebirth? I don't think there would be as much benefit as with pets, considering characters can rebirth much more freely than pets can, but it could be an option.

IGN: Yoriden
Server: Ruairi

Comments

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    edited August 18, 2017
    For pets this seems like a good idea since it can benefit production related pets as well that give more of their repected item depending on age like sheep giving more wool for example. Some pets like doki doki ones and limited edition pets are not able to be rebirthed as they are no longer able to be obtained so I would suggest in that case allow for other age points to be used if you want to change it later on. Basically allow you to use the potions at any time to change age and physical appearance of pets.

This reminded me a bit of the sims where you can use a cheat to turn aging on and off as desired so maybe that could be added as well so if you drink the potion then disable aging so it will not change how you look or age. At any time you can turn aging back on to grow up like normal again. This might be better than having to buy a potion each time you want to age depending how pricey they are.

Similar to pets I believe characters get certain perks based on their age like being faster or gaining more profiancy for weapons so the potions could help to select which age will grant the most benefit for what you are trying to do.

Short response I support this and also suggest having an option to turn aging on and off at will so you can keep the age that benefits you the most for the tasks you are trying to accomplish ^^
    Yoriden
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    For pets this seems like a good idea since it can benefit production related pets as well that give more of their repected item depending on age like sheep giving more wool for example. Some pets like doki doki ones and limited edition pets are not able to be rebirthed as they are no longer able to be obtained so I would suggest in that case allow for other age points to be used if you want to change it later on. Basically allow you to use the potions at any time to change age and physical appearance of pets.

This reminded me a bit of the sims where you can use a cheat to turn aging on and off as desired so maybe that could be added as well so if you drink the potion then disable aging so it will not change how you look or age. At any time you can turn aging back on to grow up like normal again. This might be better than having to buy a potion each time you want to age depending how pricey they are.

Similar to pets I believe characters get certain perks based on their age like being faster or gaining more profiancy for weapons so the potions could help to select which age will grant the most benefit for what you are trying to do.

Short response I support this and also suggest having an option to turn aging on and off at will so you can keep the age that benefits you the most for the tasks you are trying to accomplish ^^

I don't think age potions (as they are now) affect any bonuses- to my knowledge they're just aesthetic items- which really has to make you question why they even exist for NX purchases in the first place, if they don't do anything useful and only work until you age up again on Saturday. So it would probably be a good idea in general if at least the short term potions were given the age-related buffs. Give them some purpose besides looking like a child for possibly a week.

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Doki pets actually age- my hoard appears to all be puppies still, at least when I compare the lovely labradors to my labrador transformation. It's what gave me the idea. =D Because I'd love to get a dalmatian, but I'd much rather keep it as a puppy than have it grow into an adult.

But oh yes, definitely, age potions either need the stat benefits or to be made permanent (or both, if Nexon would be so generous) because as they are right now, they are horribly pointless to get whether by event or otherwise.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    edited August 20, 2017
    Ah I dont use them all that often except when events give them out, but if they dont apply the bonus of the age that should be changed too. I think it could make the potions more popular if they had the age benefits tied to them too.

Now that I think about it I do have a few Doki pets and I dont recall ever seeing them age when I summon them so maybe its because we cant rebirth them that they dont age. Dogs and kitties look particularly cute as younger versions XD

Maybe they could make various ones that last for different amounts of time such as a 7 day one, a 14 day one, a 30 day one, and a permeant one that lasts until you drink another potion which would apply that potions affects and time. Id imagine they would cost various prices depending how long they last. Gives people more flexibility on how long they want to be a certain age using the potions XD