Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Get 300 000 EXP Mission Point is the WORST

TNinjaTNinja
Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
edited August 18, 2017 in General Chat
And you all know why.

All that lagging. Why is this even legal?

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    It's easy for me. I just run an elite mission or run a few dungeons.
    [Deleted User]Ataraxiz
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Granted the game doesn't crash on you for over-earning EXP.
    ShireAccel913[Deleted User]
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    That's the easiest mission of the book for me. Just do a few missions, a dungeon, or what have you. Heck, if you do a life talent you just gotta pick some potatoes or make some hairbands. There's far worse missions in the mission point event, like picking 100 mushrooms or doing metallurgy. If it becomes too much of an issue, at least you have refreshes, right? If not, pull through. I believe in you. :)
    Goldtiger01Greta[Deleted User]
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    edited August 18, 2017
    personally it's one of my fav's because it's so easy. I usually run 2-3 raids a day on normal, netting me a good 300k. and if raids aren't enough I just run an adv or hm sm daily to instantly get around between 200-300k. but I can understand it may be difficult if your client often crashes
    [Deleted User]
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Is no one getting freezes everytime a text pops up telling you you got EXP and mission progress? You know. The FONT?
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    TNinja wrote: »
    Is no one getting freezes everytime a text pops up telling you you got EXP and mission progress? You know. The FONT?

not me
    Greta[Deleted User]AstralBlue
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I've completed it in a normal dungeon run, maybe Rabbie, Math, or Barri plus from other stuff.
    It just depends on whether or not you want to do it.
    [Deleted User]
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I kinda just always get the entire 300k at once... so no I dn't have that problem :C
    [Deleted User]
  • FableAuraFableAura
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,155
    edited August 18, 2017
    I have completed that mission several times now, never had an issue with the text popup, the font seems normal and everything.
    [Deleted User]
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    And you all know why.

All that lagging. Why is this even legal?

This. It's usually the first one I recycle. I really don't understand why only that one is so very laggy. Too bad, too because as most have said, it's a relatively easy one to accomplish.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    I play on a craptop and get no lag from it.
    [Deleted User]
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Just do saga ep7 like 2-3 times and you're done.
    Only takes like 15 minutes
    [Deleted User]
  • FableAuraFableAura
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,155
    I've heard people mention a font related issue - from the sound of it, it could very well be just a missing windows font. I could see the game losing its mind over a missing resource. If you are getting lag like that, I would suggest verifying the fonts you have installed.

List of fonts supplied with windows XP:
    https://microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=135

List of fonts supplied with windows 7.
    https://microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=161

List of fonts supplied with Windows 8:
    https://microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=164

I couldn't find a good list of windows 10 fonts, but I suspect the font in question would have shipped standard in XP and 7.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Wow, I guess most of you are able to walk in Channel 1 without turning off the chat/name and get no lag.
    FableAura wrote: »
    I've heard people mention a font related issue - from the sound of it, it could very well be just a missing windows font. I could see the game losing its mind over a missing resource. If you are getting lag like that, I would suggest verifying the fonts you have installed.

List of fonts supplied with windows XP:
    https://microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=135

List of fonts supplied with windows 7.
    https://microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=161

List of fonts supplied with Windows 8:
    https://microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=164

I couldn't find a good list of windows 10 fonts, but I suspect the font in question would have shipped standard in XP and 7.

What font am I supposed to look for?
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985

Sounds like a little mod issue to me B)
    Greta[Deleted User]MikuV3
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    Getting 300k exp is so easy that I don't even put the effort in getting that much.
    Greta[Deleted User]
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    How do you even play Mabi if you're getting all that lag?

I just got dced while in Fiodh Advanced with my own pass, trying to re-log within that 5 minutes time limit, and got that secondary password glitch. Gave up and not gonna play anymore today. Gawd I hate this game so much at times like this.
    [Deleted User]
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited August 18, 2017
    it is fairly easy to do and even easier if you have a dragon or pink bean homestead item to do simple daily quests with. commerce letters boost how much ducats, gold and exp you get from each run so you can also get it done that way with little to no fighting. just don't think about it and work on your daily missions and it will fill up in no time. honestly it is more annoying that the 300k exp thing sometimes blocks your kill or collection count for other tasks making them more annoying to keep track of.
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lagging when you obtain huge portion of exp?
    Dude, you need to fix your potato...
    [Deleted User]
  • TNinjaTNinja
    edited August 19, 2017
    Yes, 300 000 EXP is nothing. It's just one Hard mission with a crystal and you're done.
    But if you don't decide to get those EXP, you'll get stops for every kill.

Earlier, I decided to use WIndmill on five Shadow Warriors.

It so happens not only did I have missions to kill Shadow Warriors, it was also the 300 000 EXP mission. Those two texts decided to pop up, and freeze the game for about 5 seconds because I got five kills. It's like the game didn't know how to count for a moment.

암호 wrote: »

Sounds like a little mod issue to me B)
    gr8b8
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This is really easy. ~ Me thinks (me knows) @TNinja loves to complain, lol. :)

~ and it's amazing how many people don't realize a lot of anything in a small area causes lag. This is not limited to fonts (there's far more to the equation; such as ... gee idk.... TEXTURES). ~ Seriously. Fonts are the least of your worries.. Especially if you think a bitmap font will do you some sort of service (placebo)**cough-mods-cough**; considering they use more memory in a 3d game application than any other kind.

The so-called font-mod (boasted by some folks) uses a single size and is not scalable. ~ This is no more so a "fix" than having a lobotomy is.

Well I'm not too familiar with how things works, but something must be going on if everything suddenly works if you just turn off the chat.
    [Deleted User]