Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is there an Elf Overhaul coming?

bunny11bunny11
Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
in General Chat
Thanks.
KensamaofmariSphyra21Imaizumi

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Maike Filia Great Again.

I'd prefer if they make overhauls so people do more activities in Iria.
    BlissfulkillDanievictriaSphyra21ImaizumiCrimsọn
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    None planned as of now
  • HersheysHersheys
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    edited August 18, 2017
    give us flight zones in uladh continent patch already, thanks
    PolicromaSherriDanievictriaGoldtiger01HagimaAstralBlue
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hersheys wrote: »

^ This. I don't understand why we didn't get that.
    Danievictria
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    I really want to see this get done :/ Humans and elves get the most attention in Mari, but hopefully things will be a bit more evened out now that Giants and elves are getting revamped. It's a common thought that humans get the greater advantage than both and I'd like to see a more diversity in opinion :/
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Hersheys wrote: »

^ This. I don't understand why we didn't get that.

Lack of air traffic control?
    Sphyra21Goldtiger01AstralBlueRyia_Archer
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Unknown. People assume there's eventually an "elf overhaul" coming now that we've had the giants, but I'd say we won't see something like that probably until next year...in Korea. They announced the chainblade thing so far in advance before releasing it that I expect that update is big enough to warrant all of Devcat's time and attention for now.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited August 18, 2017
    Out of curiosity why do elves need a overhaul?
    I mean look at giants. The only thing that changes was their race only skills.
    Apart from getting they're own CRKS and 15 % melee damage increase from their ladeca(/eweca idk which).

If you're gonna revamp elves all they really got is two archery skills?
    Final shot and mirage missile?
    I see nothing wrong with final shot unless you really wanna be like "i want no dura loss while its in use"
    As for mirage missile i've never used it. so idk if there are any problems with it.

Moving on into equipment. Elves cannot dual wield so they do not benefit from getting their own CRK.
    They would have to have a one handed + shield capable of dealing two handed weapon damage just to be useful.
    However giants or human could just jump on the band wagon and use their CRK instead of their own.
    Probably would generate more salty elf players imo.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 18, 2017
    #MFGA
    ((Make Filia Great Again))
    Or..
    #MEGA
    ((Make Elves Great Again))

Heh.. 'Mega'..
    Sphyra21kapapa
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Apart from getting they're own CRKS and 15 % melee damage increase from their ladeca(/eweca idk which).

I see nothing wrong with final shot unless you really wanna be like "i want no dura loss while its in use"
    As for mirage missile i've never used it. so idk if there are any problems with it.

Moving on into equipment. Elves cannot dual wield so they do not benefit from getting their own CRK.
    They would have to have a one handed + shield capable of dealing two handed weapon damage just to be useful.
    However giants or human could just jump on the band wagon and use their CRK instead of their own.

I don't think it would hurt to let elves use their Magic Missile outside their transformation too.

Rebalance stats so they can use literally anything else than archery and magic at a viable pace, and actually ahve an ADVANTAGE in it.

When 90% of the skills requires STR, and elves lacks behind in that due to lack of lancerm while Giants can use 90% of the skills viably because of the mentioned STR.

Elves are underdeveloped.

I feel like elves were only designed to be fashion slaves and nothing else. The only reason they exist is to be fashion buckets. Whoopie doo what an advantage.
    SherriSphyra21Danievictria
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    TNinja wrote: »
    I don't think it would hurt to let elves use their Magic Missile outside their transformation too.

Rebalance stats so they can use literally anything else than archery and magic at a viable pace, and actually ahve an ADVANTAGE in it.

When 90% of the skills requires STR, and elves lacks behind in that due to lack of lancerm while Giants can use 90% of the skills viably because of the mentioned STR.

Elves are underdeveloped.

I feel like elves were only designed to be fashion slaves and nothing else. The only reason they exist is to be fashion buckets. Whoopie doo what an advantage.

I'm going to say this now however, if we're going to let elves use Magic Missle outside of transformation, and likely in Final Shot, it would need a buff. Even at rank 1 the skill is rather pitiful - Especially when compared to Final Hit or Windguard Full Swing.

Also if we want to get technical - Elves use less mana for Ice Spear and Icebolt, which are some of the worst stuff, but that's the technical "advantage."
    I couldn't agree more however that elves are underdeveloped, all they can really use is Magnum Shot. :') At least Dan 3 is 560% magnum shot damage, right?
    SherriDanievictria
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited August 18, 2017
    Things I'd love to see in an Elf Renewal Event:

1. Let elves use Hide either in battle or a shorter period of time after their last attack/instance of being attacked.
    2. Let elves dual wield daggers and add a few new types of daggers to the game...maybe a couple of types that are elf-only, even.
    3. Add some cool elf-only wands and staves...and maybe an elf-only dagger that counts as a magic weapon.
    4. Reduce the AP cost for elves training windmill. They already don't get as good of a stat boost out of it as humans and giants, but then they pay more AP to be shortchanged too? That's some bull-pudding.
    5. Give elves a race-exclusive offensive spell or two. The archery stuff is all well and good, but not everyone who plays an elf plays their character as an archer. Some of us prefer magic, thank you.
    6. Let elves use magic and archery while hiding. I mean, even if using an attack would immediately take you out of hide mode, let this be!
    7. Three words: Mounted Spell Casting.
    8. Add a true thief/rogue class to the game. This one's kind of the least likely one on the list, but a thief/rogue class that relies on Intelligence and Dexterity would be awesome for elves (I mean, one of their race-exclusive abilities lets them go invisible, so it's like they're built for it). The class would be available to everyone and have abilities like temporarily raising enemy drop rates, swift dagger-based attack skills with low cooldowns that can cause status effects like poison and bleed, and giving you the ability to steal items off of enemies (any item the enemy drops, even rare drops, but only once per enemy) and maybe even commercing players (you get debuffed to the same power level as the commercing player you attack and you can't use pets when going after them, just to keep things fair). Possibly even a skill that gives you a chance of being able to steal from an NPC shop (but if you're caught, you lower your relationship with that NPC and you get banned from their shop for 24 real-life hours). But elves will have the lowest AP costs to level the skills and will get the juiciest stat boosts from leveling the skills.

Before such an event, I'd like to see darker skin colors introduced for elves. It just needs to be done, no excuses.

...But, that's just me aiming way too high again. ^_^
    SherriShadowtivaniSphyra21ZeoKiirionkapapaSuu
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

1. Let elves use Hide either in battle or a shorter period of time after their last attack/instance of being attacked.
    2. Let elves dual wield daggers and add a few new types of daggers to the game...maybe a couple of types that are elf-only, even.
    3. Add some cool elf-only wands and staves...and maybe an elf-only dagger that counts as a magic weapon.
    4. Reduce the AP cost for elves training windmill. They already don't get as good of a stat boost out of it as humans and giants, but then they pay more AP to be shortchanged too? That's some bull-pudding.
    5. Give elves a race-exclusive offensive spell or two. The archery stuff is all well and good, but not everyone who plays an elf plays their character as an archer. Some of us prefer magic, thank you.
    6. Let elves use magic and archery while hiding. I mean, even if using an attack would immediately take you out of hide mode, let this be!
    8. Add a true thief/rogue class to the game. This one's kind of the least likely one on the list, but a thief/rogue class that relies on Intelligence and Dexterity would be awesome for elves (I mean, one of their race-exclusive abilities lets them go invisible, so it's like they're built for it). The class would be available to everyone and have abilities like temporarily raising enemy drop rates, swift dagger-based attack skills with low cooldowns that can cause status effects like poison and bleed, and giving you the ability to steal items off of enemies (any item the enemy drops, even rare drops, but only once per enemy) and maybe even commercing players (you get debuffed to the same power level as the commercing player you attack and you can't use pets when going after them, just to keep things fair). Possibly even a skill that gives you a chance of being able to steal from an NPC shop (but if you're caught, you lower your relationship with that NPC and you get banned from their shop for 24 real-life hours). But elves will have the lowest AP costs to level the skills and will get the juiciest stat boosts from leveling the skills.

Before such an event, I'd like to see darker skin colors introduced for elves. It just needs to be done, no excuses.

I've always pictured elves to be the ones who are best with magic. Especially with hiding, it's like they are casting a spell to hide their presence from others.
    Kind of like that one spell that dragons use in Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid xP

I think a thief/assassin thing would be neat for elves too. :p
    DanievictriaSphyra21Zeo
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Make Iria Great Again D:
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited August 19, 2017
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    I really want to see this get done :/ Humans and elves get the most attention in Mari, but hopefully things will be a bit more evened out now that Giants and elves are getting revamped. It's a common thought that humans get the greater advantage than both and I'd like to see a more diversity in opinion :/

Elves aren't getting an update.

LOLNO. Hide is OP as is.
    Danievictria
  • logomyegologomyego
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    edited August 19, 2017

Okay just a for warning, I'm not going to be checking for accuracy on my stats here, you can look em up later. There is going to be rough numbers.

The biggest reasons why elves could use a revamp is final shot and elven magic missile.

Final shot. Humans get final hit, while elves get final shot. There are only two unique things about final shot. Teleporting and an increased aim speed. Final hit gets Teleportong, no duration loss, AND HAS A 400% DAMAGE INCREASE. That last one is a serious problem. Final hit has become way to overpowered due to being close to using smash at a 500% speed increase. Final Shot should have a damage increase to basic attacks. There's an aim speed increase, but you can still miss with it. And with mabinogi rng that happens too often. The only thing I suggest here is a damage bonus. It's just not fair for humans to get a 400% damage increase for a skill that ends up lasting for damn near 2 mins. As a mage elf I get annoyed with this. I tend to prefer to solo rooms due to the amount of final hit spam.

Elven magic missile. The skill says wands or bows. But with wands the damage literally is less than 200 at all times. I have yet to hit more. With bows the damage is still less than that of crash shot. The charge time is too long for Max damage. There is no point to using elven magic missile. None at all.

Mirage missile could use a damage increase. That's a minor skill that I never use cause it's worthless.

Elves are supposed to be best at range and mage. Yet there is no clear evidence of either. One could argue Magnum shot spam, but that is only 1v1 advantage. In the amount of time it takes an elf to clear a round of MA or a room in a SM using nothing but Magnum, a human spamming final hit could have cleared 2. There is a clear unbalance.

Melee is irrelevant. Elves are so far behind in melee as they should be. It's their racial disadvantage. About 250ish less str than humans. However, their racial skill set doesn't have a big Stat increase. Archery uses Dex which elves have like 15-20 more over humans. Magic? Elves have like 10 int more. Which is absolutely nothing.

Elves could use a revamp. Even if it's only final shot, which might as well be called final ****, they need one.

In KR where there is virtually no lag, elves are OP with Magnum spam. NA is a different story so we probably won't get an elf revamp.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited August 19, 2017
    logomyego wrote: »

Okay just a for warning, I'm not going to be checking for accuracy on my stats here, you can look em up later. There is going to be rough numbers.

The biggest reasons why elves could use a revamp is final shot and elven magic missile.

Final shot. Humans get final hit, while elves get final shot. There are only two unique things about final shot. Teleporting and an increased aim speed. Final hit gets Teleportong, no duration loss, AND HAS A 400% DAMAGE INCREASE. That last one is a serious problem. Final hit has become way to overpowered due to being close to using smash at a 500% speed increase. Final Shot should have a damage increase to basic attacks. There's an aim speed increase, but you can still miss with it. And with mabinogi rng that happens too often. The only thing I suggest here is a damage bonus. It's just not fair for humans to get a 400% damage increase for a skill that ends up lasting for damn near 2 mins. As a mage elf I get annoyed with this. I tend to prefer to solo rooms due to the amount of final hit spam.

Elven magic missile. The skill says wands or bows. But with wands the damage literally is less than 200 at all times. I have yet to hit more. With bows the damage is still less than that of crash shot. The charge time is too long for Max damage. There is no point to using elven magic missile. None at all.

Mirage missile could use a damage increase. That's a minor skill that I never use cause it's worthless.

Elves are supposed to be best at range and mage. Yet there is no clear evidence of either. One could argue Magnum shot spam, but that is only 1v1 advantage. In the amount of time it takes an elf to clear a round of MA or a room in a SM using nothing but Magnum, a human spamming final hit could have cleared 2. There is a clear unbalance.

Melee is irrelevant. Elves are so far behind in melee as they should be. It's their racial disadvantage. About 250ish less str than humans. However, their racial skill set doesn't have a big Stat increase. Archery uses Dex which elves have like 15-20 more over humans. Magic? Elves have like 10 int more. Which is absolutely nothing.

Elves could use a revamp. Even if it's only final shot, which might as well be called final ****, they need one.

In KR where there is virtually no lag, elves are OP with Magnum spam. NA is a different story so we probably won't get an elf revamp.

Final Hit, at Rank 1, with NO duration reforges, lasts 40 seconds.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited August 19, 2017
    Final shot also has a 2 sec load time

It's also lame how there's no elf only equips. I remember there's this one sword that's elf only but even back then it sucked.
  • logomyegologomyego
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    logomyego wrote: »

Final Hit, at Rank 1, with NO duration reforges, lasts 40 seconds.

Yea with no reforges, but with reforges it can last so much longer. But that brings up one more thing. FH lasts 40 seconds no reforge, while FS lasts 30. There is a great imbalance with racial skills that needs to be addressed. The new giant revamp made windguard OP in its own right for defense, protection, and full swing spam. FH is OP regardless of the situation due to the damage increase and teleporting and FS has no situation that it excels at. Maybe 1v1, but it could be so much more reliable. Put it this way, I don't see anyone selling final shot reforge items, whereas final hit items go for multi millions. Wind guard items have started to rise too.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Elves are literally the best race in the game.