Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why Stop At Just These Skills?

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
Anyone else wondering this right now?

Why are there plenty of skills that would make a good candidate for "Dan"ing, but got passed over for some reason?

Probably one of the most obvious offender is Fighter.
Half the Fighter Chain skills are able to be advanced, but the other half aren't.

Then there's more "masteries" that should be eligible.
If Combat Mastery and Ranged Attack can achieve Dan ranks, then why not Control Marionette, Dual Gun Mastery, Chain Mastery, etc.

Or some of the sort-of-mastery-but-not-really skills like Pierrot Marionette and Colossus Marionette.
They could've come up with some new looks for the Dan ranks of those skills, too.

Then there's the other mainstay moves of skillsets that got overlooked.
Why not Heat Buster?
Or Bullet Storm?
Why can't you advance Fusion Bolt?
Wouldn't Explosive Kunai make for an interesting Dan test?

As neat as it is that you can work towards advancing some skills, as annoying as getting 100 training is for some skills, I hope they don't just let this lineup sit stagnant for another half decade without adding and updating it.

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I'm sure more Dan skills will come in future updates as they work on them.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Imagine if Final hit and Bash got Dans. *shudders* :s
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 19, 2017
    I'm sure more dans will come. I'm also sure spirit weapons will be revamped someday.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Well, this game is a clustercrap of unfinished visions for directors that did not bother to stay. So I would say they ran out of time, decided to test it out, etc. Whether or not they will continue? I am quite doubtful.
  • FableAuraFableAura
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,155
    I want Magic Mastery and Blaze!
  • IstikuIstiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    edited August 20, 2017
    FableAura wrote: »
    I want Magic Mastery

so you can get more magic balance, like 5 int, and mp? literally the only things it would give you.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm kind of annoyed that Bard talent doesn't have any skill that can be Danned.
    Would like to see Discord, Dance Of Death, Musical Knowledge and Compose skills to be buffed~
    Ataraxiz
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm kind of annoyed that Bard talent doesn't have any skill that can be Danned.
    Would like to see Discord, Dance Of Death, Musical Knowledge and Compose skills to be buffed~

Totally agreeing with Greta here. I'm almost Master Bard now and I really would like to Dan my skills ;_; I have enough trouble getting the books for it, though.