Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Infinite loop of wasting 24hours With Dan tests

TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
edited August 19, 2017 in General Chat
You can pass Dan 2 and 3 and not get rankS or rankSS.
Which means if you pass and dont get RankS+ you have to wait an entire day to try again.

What i find funny is if i leave or dont get rank A i can do the test as many times i like...In what world is waisting DAYS of someones life for passing a test they dont benefit from beneficial?
WHY not just change the requirements so ppl fail if they don't get rank S? Cause i rather fail and do it over again which takes 5 mins, then to wait an entire day.....

This is the second time i didn't get rankS and passed for trying to get Dan2- thats 48 hours of me basically sitting on my hands and wasting my time.
  1. What You Think?36 votes
    1. I like this so much better.
       17% (6 votes)
    2. all the do overs if you fail- non if you pass.
       14% (5 votes)
    3. 48 hours to get Dan2 is crazy enough.
       22% (8 votes)
    4. Change it so you cant pass unless u get the requirement.
       31% (11 votes)
    5. Why even!?
       11% (4 votes)
    6. Thats not true!
       6% (2 votes)

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Its very annoying. Yesterday I passed with A Rank.
    Least I got S Rank today..

I don't have the patience for this lol.
  • VaniaVania
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,065
    You can exit before the dan test ends and retry the mission if you know you won't get the S/SS rank. But that would require knowing how many points is needed for S/SS rank though... (which seems to be about 10k+ points or so)
    TheDumbOneGoldtiger01Greta
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Vania wrote: »
    You can exit before the dan test ends and retry the mission if you know you won't get the S/SS rank. But that would require knowing how many points is needed for S/SS rank though... (which seems to be about 10k+ points or so)

Oh, didn't know you could exit the mission and retake it.
    But yeah knowing how many points you needed for S Rank would be nice..
    When I got it yesterday I had 9k points.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    The rank information should be on the wiki unless it hasn't been updated yet.
    Goldtiger01
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne

I just find it funny you can do that. So whats the point in the twenty-four hour wait? They might as well remove it... it doesn't even serve a purpose.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    TheDumbOne wrote: »

I just find it funny you can do that. So whats the point in the twenty-four hour wait? They might as well remove it... it doesn't even serve a purpose.

To limit progress so that you can't spend one day and get a few extra thousand damage for every skill set in one go. Being able to exit if you don't get your desired rank isn't really abusing the system, flat out failing and finishing doesn't eat up your daily clear so if the player doesn't get their needed rank and deems the trial a fail they can exit and try again as if they just flat out fail with a F.
    Goldtiger01
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

To limit progress so that you can't spend one day and get a few extra thousand damage for every skill set in one go. Being able to exit if you don't get your desired rank isn't really abusing the system, flat out failing and finishing doesn't eat up your daily clear so if the player doesn't get their needed rank and deems the trial a fail they can exit and try again as if they just flat out fail with a F.

if you pass the test and dont get the rank you want, you cant do it again till the next day.-unlike if you leave or fail.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 19, 2017
    This system makes me wish I got all my dan levels BEFORE this stupid update. >:(
    Shaeli
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    if you pass the test and dont get the rank you want, you cant do it again till the next day.-unlike if you leave or fail.

Because you got a pass and the system doesn't know/care what rank you need to advance, all it knows is you made some progress and leaves it at that for the day. While you can maximise the progress you make by retrying so long as you pay the entry fee, the daily limit is there to slow us down so that we don't blow through the content in a few hours and never touch it again.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    But you bypass that by doing two simple clicks.
    TheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Because you got a pass and the system doesn't know/care what rank you need to advance, all it knows is you made some progress and leaves it at that for the day. While you can maximise the progress you make by retrying so long as you pay the entry fee, the daily limit is there to slow us down so that we don't blow through the content in a few hours and never touch it again.

"the system doesnt know or care" you mean nexon (they make the "system")- yes. but can nexon just make each test min of passing S and SS for the respective Dan skills.-yes. why they didnt... obvs to get more people on then active. - blaming it on a npc lack of coding.....

I get you can leave, but my point is. if you can leave and redo it over till you get the rank you need, then whats the POINT for the twenty-four hour wait when you pass and dont get the rank you need. why not just keep doing the test till you get a rank? whats the point in being able to redo a test if you fail but not if you succeed but fail anyway.

You'r locked on to completing that skill once u start the test you might as well allow do overs till u get a Rank requirement 1 time and then do the twenty-four hour wait.
    (sorry for my bad writing)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited August 19, 2017
    Because eventually you will want to farm advancement badges, which you cannot do when you have every skill at dan 3
    Edit: Adding onto my post, rather than making a new one.
    I agree waiting 24 hours for each advancement test is pretty lame, they should have implemented a rush test feature where you can pay extra money to take another test on the same day. (Just like how you can rush GM seals now)
  • shino41shino41
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    I agree waiting too long is rather unwanted. it would take about 3 months just to possible finish life tab if not even more.
  • AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    edited August 19, 2017
    Dan_Score_Chart.png
    ^For those who want to know the requirements (it's on Wiki if you search up "Dan")
    And yes...I know it's ridiculous.
    GretaTheDumbOne
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    edited August 19, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    This system makes me wish I got all my dan levels BEFORE this stupid update. >:(

No you don't.

The old system REQUIRED you do this with multiple people, of which, half or less than half of every batch will pass, the others WILL FAIL. The old system required it be done on channel 5. The old system restricted each test to days divisible by 5. (the 5th, 10th, 15th etc.)

All I am seeing, is complaints about how long it takes. a whole 24 hours with the current system. I'll take that over the 120 HOURS or FIVE DAYS between tests, in addition to being restricted to one channel, and possibly to only a 3-4 hour window on those days. I like the new system over the old one, I actually tried the old one. It was terrible.
    GretaEraleaTheDumbOneTheNyanCat[Deleted User]offwithyourheads
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is having multiple clearance ranks of A, S, and SS, when you're required to pass 2 S ranks for Dan 1 > 2, and 2 SS for 2 > 3.

You can get as many As as you want for dan 2, it won't do you any good.

A higher tier of success should be shortening the time you need to get to the next rank, not the new baseline for a "true pass."

As it stands now, passing with an A (or S on 2 > 3) is just failing with extra steps and locking you out from reattempting for another day.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 20, 2017
    It may be ridiculous on some skills, but on Windmill and Smash i easily get 9-10k score ;)
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Are you people seriously complaining about the 24 hour wait

It used to be a 5 day wait. It was possible to hang out in the Advancement Hall for the entire testing period without any friends/guildies/randoms showing up, which meant waiting another 5 days to try again. If you failed the test, you weren't allowed to retake it and had to wait another 5 days to try again. If there was no one to do Dan 2 tests with you, you had to take lower-ranked tests that gave half the exp, which meant going from Dan 1 to Dan 2 usually took 2-3 weeks, IF there were people to do the test with you.

And you people are seriously complaining about the 24 hour wait

Holy bananas I wish Ferghus would trip over the server and revert the entire patch back just so you instant-gratification brats can learn what real waiting is
    Gretabobo
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 20, 2017
    I guess it's easier to complain than actually wait for most people rofl...
    I never did Advancement Tests before just because of bad timing, it really sucked for me since i'm European.
    Just stop whining and do something productive while waiting for next day, geez.
  • ErrorForEverErrorForEver
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,600
    If you think you are going to not get an S or SS then you just need to relog and retake the test. Though you have to relog before the time runs out because if you complete there goes that day.