Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 1 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75193/great-era-of-commerce-part-1-patch-notes-june-30th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Infinite loop of wasting 24hours With Dan tests

Comments

  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    edited August 20, 2017
    I don't care much about the waiting.... I just hate having to re-train the skill. I've been mining/collecting in hillwen mine and shyllien for 2 days straight now... it's about to be a third. Also today I took time to try and get good stat rolls on my items in the hillwen dan 2 test and got rank A so I'm starting to feel like the NPC only cares about the speed for those tests and not the quality. It's gonna take me 3 days minimum to dan 2 it now which is ok because it gives me more time to gather the mats for 'training' for dan 3... of course other people will now dan it faster than me but oh well
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,185
    Posts: 903
    Member
    Definitely makes me wish I had done dan for tailoring/smithing before this update but whatever. I'm happy with the dan 1's I got ez before the update lol
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 342
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    I guess it's easier to complain than actually wait for most people rofl...
    I never did Advancement Tests before just because of bad timing, it really sucked for me since i'm European.
    Just stop whining and do something productive while waiting for next day, geez.

    i dont mind the twenty-four hour wait- i just dont see the point of waiting twenty-four hours if you pass but dont get the rank vs if you keep exiting the mission or failing. I just dont see the logic - why not just remove that and give it the min rank need to require the dan S and SS ranks- why even allow people to pass if their not getting the requirement.
    BuffalosArjuneLostLinksShouK
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 342
    Member
    side note- i never said it wasn't better, i pretty much was ok with all the changes.
    I just wasnt seeing the logic or fairness of being able to pass a test and not benefit from it. - I rather have failed so i can re-do it again, and not wait the twenty-four hours, then to succeed but not get the rank, which makes you wait twenty-four hours.
    Why not just raise the test standards so you cant win unless you get S for Dan two and SS for Dan three?

    I also just want to note, all the work all the people did is amazing to get the Dan ranks before this. They had a much Tougher time then whats currently happening.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    edited August 20, 2017
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    i dont mind the twenty-four hour wait- i just dont see the point of waiting twenty-four hours if you pass but dont get the rank vs if you keep exiting the mission or failing. I just dont see the logic - why not just remove that and give it the min rank need to require the dan S and SS ranks- why even allow people to pass if their not getting the requirement.

    This is my only complaint with the new system. I'm finding it near impossible to get the S ranking with water cannon no matter what I've tried. I shouldn't be punished to waiting 24 hours because I experimented and wouldn't know my final grade because of how arbitrary the bonus point mechanics work there.
    TheDumbOne
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,160
    Posts: 1,167
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    I guess it's easier to complain than actually wait for most people rofl...
    I never did Advancement Tests before just because of bad timing, it really sucked for me since i'm European.
    Just stop whining and do something productive while waiting for next day, geez.

    Yu don't seem to see the problem here, do you?

  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I guess it's easier to complain than actually wait for most people rofl...
    I never did Advancement Tests before just because of bad timing, it really sucked for me since i'm European.
    Just stop whining and do something productive while waiting for next day, geez.

    Yu don't seem to see the problem here, do you?

    Of course. Check Felice post and you see why.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,160
    Posts: 1,167
    Member
    edited August 20, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I guess it's easier to complain than actually wait for most people rofl...
    I never did Advancement Tests before just because of bad timing, it really sucked for me since i'm European.
    Just stop whining and do something productive while waiting for next day, geez.

    Yu don't seem to see the problem here, do you?

    Of course. Check Felice post and you see why.

    I read that, and you both missed the issue.

    The issue is that there is a problem that exists, which can be avoided by two simple clicks.

    The question is, why does the problem exist in the first place if we can avoid it so easily?


    It's a penalty designed to slow people down, but is ineffective because a solution is so easy to perform.
    TheDumbOne
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I guess it's easier to complain than actually wait for most people rofl...
    I never did Advancement Tests before just because of bad timing, it really sucked for me since i'm European.
    Just stop whining and do something productive while waiting for next day, geez.

    Yu don't seem to see the problem here, do you?

    Of course. Check Felice post and you see why.

    I read that, and you both missed the issue.

    The issue is that there is a problem that exists, which can be avoided by two simple clicks.

    The question is, why does the problem exist in the first place if we can avoid it so easily?


    It's a penalty designed to slow people down, but is ineffective because a solution is so easy to perform.

    Cool. So there's no existing problem then. No need to be upset. ;)
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,160
    Posts: 1,167
    Member
    edited August 20, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I guess it's easier to complain than actually wait for most people rofl...
    I never did Advancement Tests before just because of bad timing, it really sucked for me since i'm European.
    Just stop whining and do something productive while waiting for next day, geez.

    Yu don't seem to see the problem here, do you?

    Of course. Check Felice post and you see why.

    I read that, and you both missed the issue.

    The issue is that there is a problem that exists, which can be avoided by two simple clicks.

    The question is, why does the problem exist in the first place if we can avoid it so easily?


    It's a penalty designed to slow people down, but is ineffective because a solution is so easy to perform.

    Cool. So there's no existing problem then. No need to be upset. ;)

    Well, I'm not particularly upset. They are.

    I'm just, surprised that, I'm still surprised NEXON still manages to pull off something idiotic as this.

    I'm just sitting here asking "Why?"
    TheDumbOne
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Posts: 98
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    It may be ridiculous on some skills, but on Windmill and Smash i easily get 9-10k score ;)

    Oh definitely, those skills, counter attack, defense and assault slash are superb. It's easy to get the 9-10k score on the first initial Rank 1 -> Dan 1 test, then just as easy if you know how to use it to get 18k~20k points to a consistent SS rank.
    TheDumbOne
  • MazanakiMazanaki
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    Posts: 17
    Member
    I don't see the point either. Why even have ranks? It should simply be pass/fail so people don't have to waste extra time.
    TheDumbOneSugarAngel
  • XeareXeare
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Post: 1
    Member
    The advancement tokens are used for creating good combo cards. These are theoretically finite in that once you have maxed every Dan you can no longer obtain them without resetting your skills and I don't even know if that would work. This means that having this being an aspect of the advancement tests will give you an opportunity to obtain more seals than if you were simply to progress from Dan 1 > Dan 3 on every skill. It's basically required so that you can have a non-finite supply of a consumable material.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,185
    Posts: 903
    Member
    Im sure at dan 3 you can take the exam over to get more medals. I think it even says that once you get dan 3 you can run the advancement tests for medals to customize combo cards
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 342
    Member
    Xeare wrote: »
    The advancement tokens are used for creating good combo cards. These are theoretically finite in that once you have maxed every Dan you can no longer obtain them without resetting your skills and I don't even know if that would work. This means that having this being an aspect of the advancement tests will give you an opportunity to obtain more seals than if you were simply to progress from Dan 1 > Dan 3 on every skill. It's basically required so that you can have a non-finite supply of a consumable material.

    why not just make the tests rank to pass S for Dan two and SS for Dan 3. If i fail i still get another try, but if i succeed i dont get another try till the next day. even if it was changed to that, you still get the same amount of tokens
    Buffalos
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,220
    Posts: 827
    Member
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Kunai storm is rather tricky

    Just use shadow bind and shadow cloak whenever you can.

    I can't imagine how Shuriken charge will be..