Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

The Healing Dan Test is so Adorable

OriaOria
Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
edited August 21, 2017 in General Chat
Hello, everyone, Old time healer here ^.^

I just wanted to talk about the healer advancement tests and how adorable it is.
I love how the test is based on the book Animal Loving Healer that you can buy in Dunbarton. It's sort of the reason that I decided to become a healer in 2008.

Anyway, the test is about healing a Brave animal fighting another without attacking the animal while other animals spawn around the Brave animal for "Support". They're there to actually prevent you healing the Brave one since using Ctrl targeting will target them as well, even though they have full HP. Also attacking the animal the Brave one is fighting will end the test immediately..

I did like how each dan test was different as well.
Dan 1 was healing the Brave Dog fighting the Wolf.
Dan 2 was healing The Little Red Hen with a Big Heart fighting the Fox.
Dan 3 was exactly like the ending of the book.
7Vgaj9A.jpg?1
Gutsy Chick fighting a Red Bear~

Atm I'm on Dan 3. The poor the chick can't defeat the red bear in time sadly. They both like walking around defending so I can't heal the chick enough. ^.^;; Even with all the chicks supporting the Gutsy Chick. But it was amazing see that.

So are there any other interesting advancement tests that other's have done?
KokoroGretaSugarAngelSherriBuffalosMaiaRaishiiIyasenuAstralBluepawcalypseand 8 others.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    That Gutsy Chick probably has the makings to take on Glas.
    Sherri
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    edited August 21, 2017
    This is so cute omg go gutsy chick go! ...tho I might also be rooting for the fox to win on dan2.
  • OriaOria
    This is so cute omg go gutsy chick go! ...tho I might also be rooting for the fox to win on dan2.

I guess so, it does get rather noisy when more hens start spawning ^.^;;
    Worse case were the dogs, they all were just barking the entire time >.<
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    ADORABLEEEEEEEE!!! <3
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Didn't even know Ctrl targeting worked on them. Because you know. My entire life I've been taught that Ctrl healing never works on a NPC.

I lived a lie.
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Tell us better how to gain 100 training points on healing skill so fastly.
  • OriaOria
    Well, I already had the Master of Healing title since 2008 I believe, so there's that part.
    Then a friend helped me by touching the flaming sword in Avon for a few minutes, I think maybe 10 minutes or so.
    And the last time was healing two people touching the flaming sword ^.^
    I couldn't find any dark knights at the time ^.^;;
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited August 21, 2017

If you wanna do it alone, you can have a pet attack the barrier spikes in Saga 1 Episode 7, the part where you're running from elves/giants.
    Just run ahead to spawn the later groups and despawn the earlier ones, then backtrack to the reflective damage barrier spikes.

Have your pet attack them and heal them.
    Might have to buff the pet's damage somehow though.
    And pets with high defense won't hurt themselves very quickly.

Edit:

As an aside
    @Oria did you manage to pass that final test?
    If the chick can't beat the bear, then how do you get the bonus points for a speedy clear? :C
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited August 21, 2017
    Edit:
    @Oria it's fine. Congratulations on passing the test.
  • OriaOria
    @Redetsu
    Sorry I logged in by accident to reply >.<;;
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    As an aside
    If the chick can't beat the bear, then how do you get the bonus points for a speedy clear? :C

It's RNG based, since you want them to attack one another, but at times the Gutsy Chick will just walk around or defend and the Red Bear will walk around defending, stand still and counter, or eve load smash run at the Gutsy Chick then just load counter. >.<;;
    I had to try three times today, but at least the Gutsy Chick was able to defeat the Red Bear with 30 seconds left, which gave I think a 3000 point time bonus to pass with S rank. ^.^

Oh, forgot to mention during the tests the Brave Dog, Little Red Hen with a Big heart, and Gutsy Chick start off dealing little damage, but as the battle goes on, messages will pop up talking about how the Brave Dog is gaining confidence, or Red Hen is burning with confidence, or "The Chick remembers a time when it first tasted a sunflower seed" (I forgot the entire message for that part ;;>.>) They then have the appearance of the Berserk effect but not the heavy stander, but they do become a little stronger every time the message pops up.
    KokoroIyasenuImaizumi
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Dang. Now I gotta do it too. D:
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited August 22, 2017
    Oria wrote: »
    @Redetsu
    Sorry I logged in by accident to reply >.<;;
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    As an aside

It's RNG based, since you want them to attack one another, but at times the Gutsy Chick will just walk around or defend and the Red Bear will walk around defending, stand still and counter, or eve load smash run at the Gutsy Chick then just load counter. >.<;;
    I had to try three times today, but at least the Gutsy Chick was able to defeat the Red Bear with 30 seconds left, which gave I think a 3000 point time bonus to pass with S rank. ^.^

Oh, forgot to mention during the tests the Brave Dog, Little Red Hen with a Big heart, and Gutsy Chick start off dealing little damage, but as the battle goes on, messages will pop up talking about how the Brave Dog is gaining confidence, or Red Hen is burning with confidence, or "The Chick remembers a time when it first tasted a sunflower seed" (I forgot the entire message for that part ;;>.>) They then have the appearance of the Berserk effect but not the heavy stander, but they do become a little stronger every time the message pops up.

Ugh, a test based on RNG.

It's like job applications.

Surprise me.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Ever since I saw a chick fighting a fox in this game - there is no game I had ever played that hatched up that kind of feature which allows you to heal an NPC target to help it fend off something else. This is why I still play this game.
  • OriaOria
    Oh, an update about the Dan 3 test.

The 3,000 points is given when the Gutsy Chick defeats the Red bear before the time runs out.
    And SS rank needs 12,000 points.

So you need 9,000 points before the Gutsy Chick defeats the Red Bear since that ends the test.
    And each successful heal is 100 points.

So that's 90 successful heals you need to do before the Gutsy Chick defeats the Red Bear within the time limit.
  • OriaOria
    3lsx2BN.jpg?1
    Finally was able to get SS rank for Healing dan 3, with only 4 seconds remaining too ^.^;;
    The only way I was even able to get enough points was to not use the Tikka healing wand given to you, since you heal more using it.
    Healing less means you can heal more times for points.
    KokoroWolfandWolflceCreamImaizumiPip-BoyRaincloud95
  • OriaOria
    An update about the test..after spending 600k yesterday and then freezing during the test the last try..
    You can receive a bonus +50 points, if and only if you heal the animal when it's under 25% HP..
    This is very risky and not really suggested if your luck is as poor as mine on this..
  • OriaOria
    Was finally able to SS rank the test. So glad to be finished after the many tries..
    npH27Yh.jpg?1
    Now if only they updated the "Master of Healing" title to heal even more like party heal does. >.>
    BuffalosImaizumiKokoroSherri
This discussion has been closed.