Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fix your advancement tests, broken as all hell.

RaintheswordRainthesword
Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
in General Chat
These tests become obscene after the first Dan, for lance charge the bloody skill is broken. you get canceled by magic spamming from mobs and targets smashing can pluck you right out of your charge canceling it right there and bloody 8000 points is still a mere Rank a.... Kunai storm is also cancer as the DAN test pits you against gold slime that multiply upon death and all multi aggro and can out run you and you only get a instant cool down if theres about four of them in a hit but the cancerous things camp you into a corner keeping you down so by the time you load the skill your knocked down again.... what lunatic made these tests only possible when the stars align?
Maia

Comments

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Absolutely had no problem with Kunai Storm dan test. Also other people are doing fine with it. You just need better judgment and faster reaction.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I finally tried my first dan test today. I originally didn't want to do it because I thought it would last for only a while and I would have to redo the test.
    I did Water Cannon and right away I got trapped by a bunch of shadow lancers, shadow warriors, and blinkers. Not fun.
    However, it was technically my fault for not going straight for the killing.
    I thought it would be smart to set up Rain Casting for more damage to help me out (considering they gave me the skill).
    I do not recommend doing that. It takes it's sweet time to load up and monsters are aggro happy in the testing area.

I passed (only with an A), but I still passed nonetheless.

Learn from your mistakes and try again the next day, that's all I can really say on it.
  • FableAuraFableAura
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,155
    They aren't impossible or anything, but the tests aren't good either. They have notable problems It really seems like there is a lot of chance involved in success or failure, not for all the skills, but a number of them really require things to line up in a positive way. It doesn't seem as skill based as people are saying.
    Rainthesword
  • LouisdesnowLouisdesnow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,060
    Kunai storm isn't as impossible as you think. I'm about to finish up my Dan 3 for it today.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    mokeHi4.png
    Here is a PERFECT example of how broken this is. This dan is pretty easy..but only if you're lucky. My first try was 5k points by 10 seconds left on the timer, now look at this stupidly high score. I had already way surpassed the SS rank score when 1 minute was still left.

The thing is, with crash shot this is still kinda fine, because you'll just need multiple attempts to get lucky. With magnum though, you have so many more things you need to kill with mag even after weakening them that the chances of being "lucky" become astronomically low. It's...really, really dumb. How can a single test with the same person that retains the same skill level, go so differently? Answer: positioning of RANDOMLY spawned enemies, RANDOM miss chances, RANDOM deadly status and horrible high hp mobs that just do not die easily and can cast lightning bolt in like 0.7s or something, RANDOM crits that are somehow required for the score to go up, etc.

It's like...okay...good idea to revamp this system, but how about...making it an actual skill thing and not a gamble against really unfair odds? Isn't that what becoming "good" at a skillset is really about? Actually being good, and not lucky?
    RaintheswordKokoro
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Charge gets stopped by arrows and bolts as well. The skills lance charge and charge are in fact broken
    Rainthesword
  • RaintheswordRainthesword
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
    Siodhan wrote: »
    mokeHi4.png
    Here is a PERFECT example of how broken this is. This dan is pretty easy..but only if you're lucky. My first try was 5k points by 10 seconds left on the timer, now look at this stupidly high score. I had already way surpassed the SS rank score when 1 minute was still left.

The thing is, with crash shot this is still kinda fine, because you'll just need multiple attempts to get lucky. With magnum though, you have so many more things you need to kill with mag even after weakening them that the chances of being "lucky" become astronomically low. It's...really, really dumb. How can a single test with the same person that retains the same skill level, go so differently? Answer: positioning of RANDOMLY spawned enemies, RANDOM miss chances, RANDOM deadly status and horrible high hp mobs that just do not die easily and can cast lightning bolt in like 0.7s or something, RANDOM crits that are somehow required for the score to go up, etc.

It's like...okay...good idea to revamp this system, but how about...making it an actual skill thing and not a gamble against really unfair odds? Isn't that what becoming "good" at a skillset is really about? Actually being good, and not lucky?
    FableAura wrote: »
    They aren't impossible or anything, but the tests aren't good either. They have notable problems It really seems like there is a lot of chance involved in success or failure, not for all the skills, but a number of them really require things to line up in a positive way. It doesn't seem as skill based as people are saying.

Thank you two for being the only insightful ones here, and yeah I know Maia it is painfully broken. my first run for the dan 1 I easily got 13k and all other runs I barely made A rank because it would either run through targets without hitting or run between them with next to no gaps on either sides of me and those I ran between and than follows the getting plucked with smash by one of the npcs. So suffice to say anyone doing the Dan skills I would recommend saving money and re-running/ canceling before timers down until you get a decent run because the game designers made it a purely luck based unless you have all the stars aligns, great latency and a skill that is easy. Too my understanding apparently thunder and windmill are easy skills but its not something I can really test with the way they put a bloody 1 real day cool down on the test...
    Ah yes for those who told me something along the lines of "it just takes practice" or "I did it easily so so can you" your not helpful in the slightest.