Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is there a social aspect to this game?

RaintheswordRainthesword
Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
in General Chat
So guys i've been playing for a while and most of the time the game feels like a solo game, left my guild because I got nothing out of being a part of them. Running dungeons also seems annoyingly long but finding people seems to be such a chore... whats everyone's opinion, Do you guys end up doing everything alone (Excluding shadow missions)?

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Hmm i do most things mostly alone.
    But thats because i have combat lag for no logical reason and I don't want to annoy people with it.

I helped someone yesterday to do a shadow mission.

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    If you get into the habit of being a Bard/Musician in the game the social aspect is hit or miss. It depends if you are, again, a solo-artist or someone who likes to collaborate in Jam Sessions or Freestyle Jam which gives experience points to those that participate. You can share music you like or share tips on composing and editing scores.
    The bard community is broad also, not many just play scores all day but may invite you to parties, gatherings and whatever.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I do every content that is soloable for me, alone. Wasting too much time to wait for people to join your party. Few exceptions are some advanced long dungeon and long SM missions, since I don't have AoE attacks, takes too long to clear a room. But sometimes I can't find a party for that too so I ended up grudgingly soloing it or just sell the pass.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    I never do anything alone xD I run a very active guild called Electrolytes on the Mari Server. Everyone is extremely happy to be around each other, and the best thing there is no drama OuO We just have fun together, because we want our guild to be a stress-free zone so we can forget for awhile if something is bugging us.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    If i feel like wanting to play with others i invite my friends/guildies. I even sometimes offer help to random people too.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    i solo, but have read that some guilds are extremely sociable ..... they use Discord to communicate as well as Skype, have regular events/competitions....i would say the social aspect depends on the guild's willingness, and resources, of the players themselves ....i don't play regularly enough to take part in guilds....also having been involved in two previous guilds (current one exists in name only since players have moved on in their lives) it kinda turned me off from joining any others.....as i said though, i read that there are some that're pretty large, and extremely active/sociable
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I do a lot of things solo if I can because I just prefer that, but I have a few friends/a guild who would help if I asked. If you didn't get anything out of the guild you were in, though, maybe try searching for another one who may be more active, have more friendly people, etc., depending on what you're looking for.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    Honestly there is a social aspect to mabi however it's not as full of life as it use to be sadly but you find social people about however a lot of the way mabi is as a game make it so you can do more or less every thing alone if you put in the hours to grind so a lot of people do and i my self do most things alone.
    Also a tip for finding a party use the quest help thing it should make it easier to find people to do things as they also get something they want out of it.
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Mabi is like life, when u born and grow, u know a lot of people and friends, u learn a lot of things and become skillful enough to do all by yourself. Loneliness is a big part of life too
    pawcalypseClovis15
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    most of time I play solo as a lot of things often get done faster if you just do it yourself. some players are reliable and fun to work with but there are also a few that show up late or cause problems that end up wasting even more time. having a social life in the game though is quite different from doing quests and dungeons together though. there are some quests and missions that simply can't be done alone so it helps to have a social life and a few friends you can count on if you really need the help. whenever someone asks for my help I almost always say yes cause your real friends are worth it and you never know when you might be in a situation when you need help with a task.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    There is a social aspect, but depending on your server things may be more quiet. Alexina is the best server if you really want to find lots of traveling companions, since it's the most populated. The other three are a bit more quiet. Try posting on your server's board here on the forum if you're looking to make some friends to help you out.

Personally, though, I solo most things. Mainly, it's because I have a slower, more methodical play style and I like taking things at my own pace. I'm the kind of person who explores every corridor and dead end in a dungeon in search of treasure and picks up every last bit of gold that my enemies happen to drop. That can get a little uncomfortable for people who like to speedrun dungeons and Shadow Missions or have very limited computer time (currently, I have the luxury of being able to devote a whole evening to the game, but lots of people only have an hour or two to play before they have to start dinner or their parents start pointing to the clock or they have to go to bed because they have work or class in the morning). So, I usually just hang out by myself running dungeons and grinding skills, experimenting with different early game scenarios on my alts (I like seeing how easy or difficult starting the game with certain talents actually is firsthand), that sort of thing.
    Sherripawcalypse
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Well. There's that Mafia game I guess?
    pawcalypse
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    edited August 25, 2017
    Hmm i do most things mostly alone.
    But thats because i have combat lag for no logical reason and I don't want to annoy people with it.

I helped someone yesterday to do a shadow mission.

This for me too, but that's because i'm halfway away across the globe from the server. Though I do host elite SMs but only when it can't be soloed.

Generally, the most I interact with other players (excluding friends) is when I sell stuff.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    It depends who you know I guess. Myself and my guild Rosevane of Mari are very friendly and knowledgable about the game as many of us are veterans that have been around for 7 years plus. We are active and always willing to lend a hand. Games are always more fun with people to join in for dungeons or shadow missions. Most of the generation quests are solo with the exceptions of Royal Alchemists helping or some group ones like the semi final or finals. Since the dungeons have been revamped for higher difficulty it can be hard to complete quests alone so its always a good idea to have a few active friends to join you on things.
    [Deleted User]