Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

List of things that annoy you in the game.

RaintheswordRainthesword
Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
edited August 24, 2017 in General Chat
1. Clustered items shuffling when alted to pick the drops you want off the ground only to pick up the wrong thing because it changed when you clicked.
2. Clicking to pick something up and walking directly to it only for your character to stand in front of it and nothing happening.
3. Displacement - you know the moment when your about to hit something with a melee attack and its loading a skill and just as you get in range you teleport like a few steps back from where you were and that enemy loads its skill in time...
4. People asking for hand outs, ie I had someone ask me to use my prof hammer on one of their items for them...
5. Finding people to run MA
6. Pet summon lag
7. Pets not moving glitch
8. Walls - They block view, throw off attacks like meteor strike and lighting rod, when your clicking to move walls also get in the way having you walk to them.
9. Lighting rod missing direct hits.
10. Displacement yet again - being in range to be hit but not in range to hit your enemies.
11. having to spam click for the game to do what you want, item pick up and item or hit an enemy, the game just either takes forever to respond or will only stand in front of what I click on unless I spam click to tell the game yes I do want to hit that target instead of stand in front of it while it aggros and hits me back.
12. Final Hit- Ie final get hit, A lovely glitch that I dont get, if I can teleport to hit my target why does my character sometimes teleport and stand in front of my enemy long enough for them to take a swing at me.
13. Having other people get you injuried while gather
14. useless team mates that cause your more injury that you would have by soloing

More ranting yet to come... feel free to add your own beefs with the game here.
BlortadSheena

Comments

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited August 24, 2017
    Lag is due to the bad internet service in NA, and also due to how the NA community varies in location all over the world; from EU to AU. The server issues - in my opinion, is still due to the internet service in NA. It is like one problem that causes another problem because of how badly it affects everything else around it; a spark that burns everything around it sort of thing.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Pronogis. The kind that walk up to you, when you are searching for people to do a run of Peaca Abyss and meet new friends, and claim they can solo the whole thing and push us to run the thing with him carrying us. Like, get lost. xD
    Imaizumisos123456
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Randoms that interrupt your conversations with your friends and end being quite rude about whatever they gotta say :/
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    A list of things that annoy you in the game?...
    Isn't that the entire General Section now a days?
    GretaSherripawcalypseTheNyanCatErorservImaizumiSaiHiroki05XxBearslayerxXAsaluanseand 1 other.
  • SherriSherri
    Also, people who think they are better than you just because they got all the newest fashion and they spend their parents money on getting tons of gacha.
    I know, I'm really fun around people, aren't I?
    Mari taints you.
    XxBearslayerxXsos123456
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Things that annoy me?
    I guess failing gathering water, repeatedly, in a row..
    Also failing a 99% success, in a row, more than thrice..
    And lag, always lag. >.<;;
    I never liked at times when I would cast a magic skill, it would keep me casting way longer than it should and it would just keep draining my mana, cause I'm still casting T-T
    BlortadWolfandWolfImaizumiXxBearslayerxXsos123456
  • megamanexe79megamanexe79
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
    Forgetting when events end and losing all your progress.

RIP Mission Point event points.
    [Deleted User]RaintheswordImaizumiShireAccel913XxBearslayerxXAsaluansesos123456
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    The fact that G19 is automatically given to you at level 20, regardless of your progress in previous generations (and the fact that it involves talking to Duncan, who is also spoken to several times for older quests). It's honestly the biggest thing stopping me from even playing right now. :(
    SherriPlatinaKokiTheNyanCat[Deleted User]RaintheswordImaizumiHiroki05MizukiHayamaAsaluansesos123456
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited August 24, 2017
    Too many Kiritos.
    SherriRaintheswordShadowtivaniImaizumiNekoLilyHiroki05Ladamesos123456
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    ARCHERY MISSING
    SherriBlortadTheNyanCatLeineiRaintheswordImaizumiPolicromaCyrettaMhaolHiroki05and 3 others.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    the fact that you need to desummon mini gems to enter avalon or festia, or that I can enter a hs in trans (like cookie witch for example), but need to end trans to exit. I mean, it's probably devcat logic, but still
    BlortadSherrisos123456
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    Having to press R to mount 20 times because you get "too far away" once, "cant mount a moving target" once, and for some reason you cant mount for like 3 or 4 seconds after failing to mount

Displacement, and dont give me that bs about how they cant do anything about it because out of the great many games I play online, most of which have a MUCH wider rage of distance between players, none of them lag like this game does. In fact, most of Nexons other titles make great examples. Every game lags, sure, but not every game lags so badly that your character teleports around randomly on a constant basis. (I believe they announced that they are going to be working on logic to improve this, hopefully it actually works this time.)

Trying to talk to an NPC in Quilla, like the quest board, and instead targeting a random mongoose off in the distance that isn't even on screen for no apparent reason.

The fact that things like skill lock from focused fist still happen.

RaintheswordLadameMizukiHayamasos123456
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    edited August 25, 2017
    Lack of a market. (seeing the same things in shops everyday, especially items that are overpriced.) (I'm from tarlach, idk if it's bad anywhere else)

Lack of a playerbase on Tarlach (I see more afk people than active people)

Broken Housing. Still has a 5m cap, and never enough houses to purchase or bid on, at some points there's no houses at all.

Service hasn't been updated since what g3 when they changed the advanced play option? C'mon, I need an update so I can feel like I'm getting something for my $10 - $15 a month. No one uses administrative coupons anymore... in fact, no one uses any of those coupons anymore except maybe bank coupons.

The new dungeon system. I hate so many things about it. Emphasis on hate.

I may add more, when I think of it.

[Deleted User]
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    edited August 24, 2017
    • my arms are too short for gathering even though im standing right on top of the thing
    • too far away from pet to mount the pet but pet is right next to you
    • being knocked back 20ft away but teleport back when taking a step forward
    • having 2 or more of the same stackable item being unstackable
    • having large amounts of untradeable homestead items
    • gachas.
    • that invisible wall when clicked makes you run to an unknown direction
    • having horrible crafting % even with max music buff, max party, max rank on a monday.
    • having events with terrible drop rates with barely anyone doing said event to get said item
    • having benefits that only come from a large expensive package when it should be in cash shop normally, story line unlock-able or event/dungeon/mission reward (im talking about that thing where you can add extra squires to your team)
    • not having pet tokens as a permanent cash shop item
    • having gender specific clothing that looks exactly the same that isnt eluned (ie treasure hunter m&f , pilgrim robe m/f)
    • the pleione engine that takes forever to load up
    • having a shop license with only 25k and dcing, why cant you just re-use them untill you hit the max?
    • crashing during an rp or something and loosing all your hotkeys

pawcalypseRaintheswordHawkleafAsaluanse
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Game telling me I'm too far away from my pet to mount when my character model literally cannot get any closer physically since I'm right on top of it.
    SherriRaintheswordMizukiHayama
  • SherriSherri
    edited August 24, 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Game telling me I'm too far away from my pet to mount when my character model literally cannot get any closer physically since I'm right on top of it.

Game telling me I'm too far away from an NPC to interact with it, right next to it.
    RaintheswordAsaluanse
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Oria wrote: »
    Things that annoy me?
    I guess failing gathering water, repeatedly, in a row..
    Also failing a 99% success, in a row, more than thrice..
    And lag, always lag. >.<;;
    I never liked at times when I would cast a magic skill, it would keep me casting way longer than it should and it would just keep draining my mana, cause I'm still casting T-T

^^^^^ I hate that, gathering water. R1 prod mastery and you'd think that would take care of it! I know it would be considered "useless" to a lot of people, but I would love if there was a "gather water" skill like egg gathering and milk gathering. Better success rate and faster gather time at higher levels; can apply to gathering snake poison or dye wells too.
  • SherriSherri
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    the fact that you need to desummon mini gems to enter avalon or festia, or that I can enter a hs in trans (like cookie witch for example), but need to end trans to exit. I mean, it's probably devcat logic, but still

Also how I can't talk to NPCs in a HUMAN character. (elf, giant, whatever. You know what i mean qq)
    Blortad wrote: »
    Having to press R to mount 20 times because you get "too far away" once, "cant mount a moving target" once, and for some reason you cant mount for like 3 or 4 seconds after failing to mount

Exactly. What it should do instead is when we hit 'R' or right click and hit 'Mount', the pet should automatically walk over and let us mount it.
    Similar to clicking 'View Stats'. It alerts them and they walk to you.
    Shouldn't be that hard to program, considering if you load up a skill within a certain area whilst commercing and you press 'R', you automatically mount your commerce thing again.
  • BlortadBlortad
    edited August 24, 2017
    Spirit weapons being totally useless unless for cc firebolt or as a giant.

Playing an irritating and stressful game of find the needle in the hay stack with that dumb tiny white crystal amidst my inventory that takes up the entire screen every time I go to do Sidhe Finnachaid's boss.

Special upgrades, please suckerpunch whoever thought that garbage was a good idea.

Reforges being unobtainable unless through events, cash shop, or purchase from players who get them from the cash shop.

All genuinely useful cash shop items being limited time, Im convinced I will never have a partner because they will never even be available when I actually have money to get one.

Skill keys change during transformation, but only half of them. I am sick of either dieing or being forced to trans back right away to avoid dieing because I forgot that half my skill keys are changed for no reason at all when I transform, and if I choose the route that doesn't get me killed I don't get the chance to change my keys again until the next in game day rolls around. Any given player has between 0 and 1 extra skills when they transform, we don't need an entirely separate bar for our 0-1 extra skill. Demigod has 2-3 extra skills and that doesn't require an extra bar. Also, if one needs to change, why doesn't the other change too? Please can we at least get the option to turn this bs off like you eventually did with transformation cutscenes?

Alchemy Mastery STILL has unfillable requirements. Come on guys, really, this is about the simplest fix ever. Its not like those requirements are even necessary to rank up the skill, its as simple as removing them and its taking YEARS. There is no excuse for that.

On the subject of alchemy and long unfixed things, crystalizing someone elses mana occasionally causes a bug forcing both players to change channel and try again. This has been there since the skills release, just like the skill lock from focused fist.

Various skills such as blaze, some of the fighter skills, and many more, can be interrupted if you are hit in the first few frames of the attack animation, both interrupting the skill AND using up its cooldown.

Some inventory bags will be filled automatically when multiple items are dumped into my inventory while others will remain empty and just dump items into temp inventory.
    courtneyypawcalypseSherriRaintheswordSheenaHiroki05kapapaAsaluanse
  • BlortadBlortad
    Oh! Another good one, that arbitrary current lvl 40 requirement for Sidhe Finnachaid. Seriously, why? What terrible thing could that amazingly irritating and seemingly completely pointless requirement POSSIBLY prevent?