Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dan effects, Show them off!

Comments

• OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Marith wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Dan 1 potion making allows you to craft RE potions, 2 and 3 could possibly let you make even SE, I'm not sure.

Suddenly, I want to Dan Potion Making.

It might be rude to say something that'd curb your enthusiasm, but it's even more clovers for RE potions.
    Though it makes GM apothecary a lot more appealing with the bonus payout chance.

The GM Apothecary and Dan 1 potion making is so useful, with the increase in success rates and output and making HP/SP/MP 300 Re potions ^.^

I decided to make likeability potions to sell one day, but I times I would make up to 6 from one ^.^;
    I decided to sell over 100 likeability potions for 10k each in a day~

Oh and if you're going to do the Potion Making test.. please read my comment about it, for your safety. >.<;;
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Anyone know the difference between Dan and non-Dan Crash Shot?

Me and a friend couldn't find out what's different between her Dan 1 and my undanned Crash Shot.
  • FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Oria wrote: »
    Dan 1 potion making allows you to craft RE potions, 2 and 3 could possibly let you make even SE, I'm not sure.

It might be rude to say something that'd curb your enthusiasm, but it's even more clovers for RE potions.
    Though it makes GM apothecary a lot more appealing with the bonus payout chance.

The GM Apothecary and Dan 1 potion making is so useful, with the increase in success rates and output and making HP/SP/MP 300 Re potions ^.^

I decided to make likeability potions to sell one day, but I times I would make up to 6 from one ^.^;

Oh and if you're going to do the Potion Making test.. please read my comment about it, for your safety. >.<;;

The fact that they take more clovers and clover still haven't become more readily available in the game just gets on my nerves. You either have to gather from another pet and help for the random chance to get them or make them with synthesis and the success rate for them is terrible at rank one. So when are we going to get a place that clovers can be acquired at in a more stable Manor
  • OriaOria
    Falmosta wrote: »

The fact that they take more clovers and clover still haven't become more readily available in the game just gets on my nerves. You either have to gather from another pet and help for the random chance to get them or make them with synthesis and the success rate for them is terrible at rank one. So when are we going to get a place that clovers can be acquired at in a more stable Manor

It would have been nice if there was a chance to get clovers from base herbs or just all herbs in general, with higher % at higher rank herbalism and/or higher ranked herbs. ^.^;;
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Here is the windmill Dan, happens with and without weapons.
    1b82fc034ebc0cddc1898e5fa1f80107.gif
    I cut too early, but shuu.. :'D

The bear totally didn't hit me.
    GretaVimi
  • OriaOria
    I'm rather disappointed with Dan 2 potion making. I just ranked it today, and the only thing that seemed different was the success rates for making the RE potions. V.V
    It was from around 85% to 95%. I can't really tell if it gives more potions or not; it felt the same. >.>
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    I'm rather disappointed with Dan 2 potion making. I just ranked it today, and the only thing that seemed different was the success rates for making the RE potions. V.V
    It was from around 85% to 95%. I can't really tell if it gives more potions or not; it felt the same. >.>

That's a downer but hopefully dan 3 will surprise you with SE potions (That don't take more clovers...please?)
  • OriaOria

That's a downer but hopefully dan 3 will surprise you with SE potions (That don't take more clovers...please?)

Oh dear Lymilark..I can't imagine what the dan 3 test will be.. o.o;;
    Dan 2's test was the same as Dan 1's test, but the NPCs' HP/SP/MP drained even faster >.<;;
    I don't think I'll be able to do the dan 3 test in a calmly manner if it's even faster than dan 2... V.V
    Also, I tried looking at the JP wiki about what Dan 3 does, but there's no answer. (It's how I figured out what Dan 2 did) So I'm guessing either they do not even know or the test is too much for them.. ;;>.>
    I couldn't find a decent KR wiki that had info either. I tried ^.^;;
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    edited August 25, 2017
    Unfortunately, there isn't any surprise new potions other than the hell-to-make REs.

I'm about to do some further testing on Magic Craft, since while the wiki does have some info on it, I'm still curious on the average. Mastered r1 had an average of ~65-70%. (EDIT: Prelim testing and reviewing my old data got me the correct average. Also, the new minimum for d3 titled MC/Engy seems to be ~30%.)

The only other surprises is that there's 3 "upgraded" Magic Craft accessories, but they pretty much are a rabbits foot with +1 defense and the drosera/purple heart with +1 prot. Dan Tailoring/Blacksmithing also has additional bonuses to quality and rank bonuses. People are getting S+/X Grade CRKs, Froglord found that robes crafted get +1 Protection, among other interesting goodies. MC/Engineering now if one of the rolls is a perfect will sign the item.

Also, for those interested in doing MC/Engineering dans, The time you need to complete with SS is with 4 minutes or more left for Dan 1>2, and 5 minutes or more left with 2>3. MC needs to be [any]>G19 Weapons>Languhiris Chaser in order to make the time for D2>3. Engineering has to be [any but bolts/nuts]>G19 Weapons>Any. Stage 2 with Savage Wands/Guns takes far too long in order to make the time.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I'm about to do some further testing on Magic Craft, since while the wiki does have some info on it, I'm still curious on the average. Mastered r1 had an average of ~65-70%. (EDIT: Prelim testing and reviewing my old data got me the correct average. Also, the new minimum for d3 titled MC/Engy seems to be ~30%.)

Also, for those interested in doing MC/Engineering dans, The time you need to complete with SS is with 4 minutes or more left for Dan 1>2, and 5 minutes or more left with 2>3. MC needs to be [any]>G19 Weapons>Languhiris Chaser in order to make the time for D2>3. Engineering has to be [any but bolts/nuts]>G19 Weapons>Any. Stage 2 with Savage Wands/Guns takes far too long in order to make the time.
    Average of what exactly?

You just need S rank to pass Dan 1>2 right? How many minutes should be left for that?
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    ShouK wrote: »

Average of what exactly?

You just need S rank to pass Dan 1>2 right? How many minutes should be left for that?

Average roll of the stats on engy/MC items.

Also, for just S rank I'd assume it'd be at least 3 minutes left (since it just needs over 10k points).
  • OriaOria
    Unfortunately, there isn't any surprise new potions other than the hell-to-make REs.

That's so sad and disappointing..
    If there's no new potions at dan 3, then it's just an increase to the success of making the RE 300 potions..
    And, at Dan 2, with production mastery at rank 1, it's already at 95%..
    I don't understand why it was decided that the only new recipes that almost have the same mats as the regular 300 potions were the only ones included for all 3 Dan ranks >.<;; Especially with how the advancement test is so hectic..
  • MarithMarith

That's so sad and disappointing..
    If there's no new potions at dan 3, then it's just an increase to the success of making the RE 300 potions..
    And, at Dan 2, with production mastery at rank 1, it's already at 95%..
    I don't understand why it was decided that the only new recipes that almost have the same mats as the regular 300 potions were the only ones included for all 3 Dan ranks >.<;; Especially with how the advancement test is so hectic..

Alas, this means the only reward for dan 3 potion making is the idle and the designer and rocket arrow enchants, in so far as I'm concerned.
  • Rose55Rose55
    Mabinogi Rep: 690
    So mini update, Wow I am glad this is a popular form post ! Second, right now I am going thou the magic branch . I have passed Lightning Rod (Becomes DarkLRod) and Fireball(Look at picture) . After, I pass the bolts I will update the main post. I will also test if fusion bolt is changed so don't worry on that end!

Basically Fireball this just mabi style (Picture from Nexus fallout 4 mod-Mega Explosions) {I don't if I have to post were I got the picture so that why this is here}
    2961-1-1448550474.jpg
    Erorserv
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited August 25, 2017
    about blacksmith dan i will say by personal experience that there is no new animation and the so-called "crafting quality boost" doesn't exist, i haven't seen any difference on my crafted items, do that dan only if you have nothing else to do, i will try tailor next.
  • MarithMarith
    Pannya wrote: »
    about blacksmith dan i will say by personal experience that there is no new animation and the so-called "crafting quality boost" doesn't exist, i haven't seen any difference on my crafted items, do that dan only if you have nothing else to do, i will try tailor next.

You're wrong about the crafting boost. For blacksmith, the bonuses granted by dan are added to the "Skill rank bonus" popup. For r1 for instance, with weapons you get +5 balance and +2 dura. With dan 3, you get +5 balance, +2 dura, +1 Min, +1 max, and +1 crit.

For armors you get +1 defense (it says prot, it's defense.), helmets and boots also get +1 defense, shields and gloves get +1 prot.
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Engineering has to be [any but bolts/nuts]>G19 Weapons>Any.

Nuts and bolts are actually the best because you can make 10 at once if you uncheck the queue.
    Leinei
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710

You're wrong about the crafting boost. For blacksmith, the bonuses granted by dan are added to the "Skill rank bonus" popup. For r1 for instance, with weapons you get +5 balance and +2 dura. With dan 3, you get +5 balance, +2 dura, +1 Min, +1 max, and +1 crit.

For armors you get +1 defense (it says prot, it's defense.), helmets and boots also get +1 defense, shields and gloves get +1 prot.

Liar, if you want attention go get a dog, my experience is "no boost from blacksmith dan", whatever you think is your problem, the only boost that actually exist came from the grandmaster and good clicking skills.
  • MarithMarith
    edited August 25, 2017
    Liar, if you want attention go get a dog, my experience is "no boost from blacksmith dan", whatever you think is your problem, the only boost that actually exist came from the grandmaster and good clicking skills.

l8xXIUEtRpeVUgdzYnEexw.png

The only part I messed up was that the r1 bonus was only 3 balance, not 5.

I don't make claims based off "Experience." I have figures.
    IyasenuMikuV3TheNyanCat[Deleted User]
  • AlaiaAlaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 870
    Flash launcher:
    bd70eedd9b6a2adf86b26f17f344701b.gif
    Sparkles!

Shooting Rush:
    ba5dc6040f6ed1d15568c023f6db16e7.gif
    Fireworks!
    AellGretaVimi