Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hillwen Mine B3

BloodythornBloodythorn
Mabinogi Rep: 805
in Help
Hey All, I've been trying to rank up Hillwen Engineering recently and I've been trying to figure out a way to mine the large deposit in the back of B3 Hillwen Mines. I keep trying to move the golems away from it so I can mine it safely, but I can never manage it. I watched some videos of people aggroing the golems on pets and leading them away before desummoning their pet, but whenever I try it the golems either leash back to their original location or I get hit by an emerald shrieker out of nowhere and get gang banged. Anyone have any tips for me?

Comments

• MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Just desummoning the pet is unreliable, use shadow cloak from the ninja tree when you've moved the golem away.

The golems do not move unless they're aggroed, they go into rest, this makes them the easiest of the three monsters to relocate.

The shriekers and bison are more a complicated matter, you'll need to use enthralling performance to actually move them. This changes their anchor point, so they won't return to the main rock, rather, they'll consider the place you led them to as their new home, at least until someone kills them.

One good thing is that once they've been enthralled once, they'll aggro onto you instantly upon pointing a bow at them. In which case they'll try to run you down, then you can drag them away, drop their aggro with shadow cloak/crisis escape, and then use enthralling to set their anchor. (This is pretty obviously a bug, but they still won't acknowledge it. It's why foxes and raccoons like to attack people who aim bows at them.)

Using those strategies you can clear out a huge area to mine.

Vea4WWkfR7ix6n5Lyl-n6g.png
    BloodythornSherri
  • BloodythornBloodythorn
    Mabinogi Rep: 805
    Marith wrote: »
    /Snip
    Ah okay I'll have to try that out, although unfortunately I've only got rF enthralling performance atm so I'll have to work on that. Thanks a lot Marith!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I usually use Hide and snuggle my way in to mine them, occasionally also spamming pets to slowly kill the ones around me.

But thats if ur an elf 9dnGeIh.png

All I can recommend for giants and humans is Shadow Cloak..
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    edited August 27, 2017
    Marith wrote: »
    /Snip
    Ah okay I'll have to try that out, although unfortunately I've only got rF enthralling performance atm so I'll have to work on that. Thanks a lot Marith!

Yeah, you'll need a high (probably 1) rank enthralling to move the shriekers, and somewhere in the middle for the bison.

So long as you move the golems, you can kill the bison and shriekers en masse and have a fair amount of clear space to mine.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I use exactly the same methods from the videos you described. It's really not that hard. Although it can take some time depending on the golem's original location. If the golem moves back to its original location, this means that you desummon your pet at a distance too far away. You need to know at which distance to desummon your pet so that the golem will just crumble and not go back to its original place.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Get a buddy to clear out that corner for you and then camp there. Make sure you have a handful of drills with you.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Gaea wrote: »
    GMake sure you have a handful of drills with you.

or 1 drill and a william partner

Sherri