Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

AP, EXP, and where to get it

ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
in Help
So I'm a pretty casual player with maybe an hour of actual play time during the week and about 10 hours or so over the weekends. In that period I get 1 free rebirth. In between rebirths I generally make it to about level 50-60 depending on the content I play. However, I have hit that AP wall hard. 50-60 AP a week really isn't much especially considering you can get 250 AP per week on a character. 200 from levels and 50 from exploration. Getting to level 50 takes about 1mil xp and getting to 100 is about 18.3mil xp. For reference, 150 would be 68.7mil xp and 200 is 280mil xp.

So where do people go to get exp to get AP?
  1. Where do you grind xp?21 votes
    1. I mastered all the skills ages ago and can't remember.
       10% (2 votes)
    2. By pushing a giant wheel in a circle for years.
       90% (19 votes)

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 27, 2017
    right now there's an event that gives 20 AP a day just for completing a daily mission (10 AP for completeing quest + an AP 10 potion in the reward box). A lot of people run advance Sidhe Finnachaid for 2 mil exp a pop. A lot of other people spam VHM Girgashiy raids with a group .... other than that idk what you can really do in just 1 hour of play time a day :C

another way people train is by getting a talent to master for the bonus talent AP and then resetting skills at Duncan to use that AP to master another talent and get more bonus AP

a lot of this stuff is repetitive so I voted for pushing a giant wheel in a circle :P
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If you happen to have a Talent up to the Master level, joining in a Lord mission, Scathach Caverns is generally the easiest, can give a good amount of EXP, especially if you happen to have Shadow Crystals to use on those missions.

But yeah, for now, like Arjune said, that Caravan Joe advancement event gives a great amount of AP per day, and all you have to do is complete 1 of the 2 daily shadow missions. Should be able to do that even within your short amount of play time.
    [Deleted User]
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    I'm running the event as part of my hour. Maybe I should try to catch an advanced SF run sometime. And I'm just at the wrong time for dragons/Girgashiy runs. Such sadness.
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 27, 2017
    I was having a hard time leveling my alt Giant, always managed to level only up to 60lvl or so. But 2 days ago i said myself "Time to do something about this...". Bought few of those new blue SM crystals that give you 400% exp and tried to squeeze through random parties of Shadow Wizard HM/Elite. Guess what? After like 8 runs, my giant reached 92lvl. Few of these runs and i got extra gold to buy even more 400% exp SM crystals (found some for 60-75k each). Also got some useful mats, they are going to make like 2m or so for me. Totally worth it.

P.S: My Giant is only 300 ttl, so yeah... Thanks to people who didn't mind a trashy Giant alt, who spammed pets most of the time lol.
    ArchdukeValeCortez[Deleted User]
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Greta wrote: »
    I was having a hard time leveling my alt Giant, always managed to level only up to 60lvl or so. But 2 days ago i said myself "Time to do something about this...". Bought few of those new blue SM crystals that give you 400% exp and tried to squeeze through random parties of Shadow Wizard HM/Elite. Guess what? After like 8 runs, my giant reached 92lvl. Few of these runs and i got extra gold to buy even more 400% exp SM crystals (found some for 60-75k each). Also got some useful mats, they are going to make like 2m or so for me. Totally worth it.

P.S: My Giant is only 300 ttl, so yeah... Thanks to people who didn't mind a trashy Giant alt, who spammed pets most of the time lol.

you saved me im going to try this for now
    oh wait i forgot my giant can only do intermediate shadow missions
    and is too weak i would end up like leeching on others even if i try my best to help
    anyone knows a shadow mission thats both easy but gives a lot of exp
    im currently spamming their method cause giants are slow but zombies are slower
    and usually dies after summoning 2-3 pets with aoe a few smashing and windmills
    whats the best talent for giants that would make it easier to lvl up currently just doing close combat and dual gun
    [Deleted User]
    Greta wrote: »

This is beautiful.
    [Deleted User]
  • logomyegologomyego
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    If you have r1 Ice Spear head to shylien nature reserve level 2. Over by the giant crystal there's a ton of mobs and you can get to level 100 pretty quickly. With a 2x monster exp and 2x exp potion, i hit lvl 100 in about 10 mins. Alternatively, if you can join in on a MA group that is spamming it, you can get approx. 1m+ exp per full run. Or the good ole shadow wizard spam with crystals.
    [Deleted User]
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I spam iria saga ep 7.
    Its pretty fast to do and if you have luck and get the daily bonus, you get even more exp and extra ap.
    Why is Shadow Wizard considered the go to SM to do?
    Sadly, I haven't dabbled in magic at all because I'm a giant. Also because that is what my sister is doing and we wanted to do different things.
    Saga 7 is something I do from time to time. Yay free Nao stones.
This discussion has been closed.