Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Something to remember about Tuning kits

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
in General Chat
I assume that the musical math dungeon is permanent, so the 2mil+ tuners you see in belvast can actually be obtained for free at any time... Because Music Math requires in reality almost no combat to do, and anyone could do it.

Comments

• RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    It's permanent, but the drop rates for materials/tuners are outright terrible - so the prices can be justified somewhat.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    edited December 25, 2016
    Ringabel
    Ringabel said:

It's permanent, but the drop rates for materials/tuners are outright terrible - so the prices can be justified somewhat.
    This. I've run the dungeon 100+ times and have not received a single tuner, dust or string drop. If I didn't enjoy the dungeon so much I would probably be happy to throw 2m+ at a tuner or rare mat

It's kind of along the same lines as the Music Knowledge/Composition books that you get by filling Exploration Journals. Anyone can do that but the grind for artifacts makes it worth dropping the gold on the finished books for some.
    Evil Pacman
  • WolfDefenderWolfDefender
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    I had Two tuners Drop for me. That and metal and Wood only. I want an instrument String. But I will not pay 2mil for a String that's just Stupid. Though others doing it is up to them. This game is based on others Judgement on price rates though you may not like it just don't buy from them.
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • SudaìSudaì
    Mabinogi Rep: 455
    edited December 25, 2016
    Is paying 2mil for a string stupid? I don't think so.

You can make 400k an hour doing conflict spam (slowly) with no crystals. So you can spend at most 5hrs(a lot less if you're using crystals) doing conflict spam or days farming Musical Math. I'd rather just farm 5hrs in conflict especially since it gives a whole slew of other rewards that are nice (upgrade stones, elite passes, enchants, exp). Not to mention I personally enjoy conflict spam a lot more than Musical Math.

I get a much better return on time investment and I have more fun. So for me personally, running Math to get the drop is stupid.

Its all about how you want to spend your time.
    SylviaWolfeRerisumintielRingabel
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    ;x I think nearly everything people sell now a days is over priced.. But thats just me. I cant make money by doing conflict and just about any other mission kills me. :o this game is not friendly to poor people. then you have the people that arent nice enough to trade items for items, xD even when you offer an item worth more then there's or its equal value .. its amazing how cheap people are ;-;, and yea i could sell things to get money but things dont sell just like that, unless you make them really cheap (which i have before) but then you hardly get the money you need for what you want.. :C just cant win.
    Sherri
  • ShiroganeShirogane
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    "Overpriced" is pretty relative, considering people can afford to Conflict / Wiz / DFC2 spam for a steady income, but I can definitely see how it's a challenge for newer players who have more limited combat options. Even Alby is left to luck now .. but still doable, for sure. (Maybe you can sell those enchants for 5k~7k each if people still train it the old-fashioned way.)

For trades, some people just don't want to deal with the hassle of reselling, especially if they're items that are not in demand. It doesn't necessarily mean it's rude, but if people are looking for gold as it is and you're having difficulty selling it, you kinda can't fault them for rejecting a trade.
    SylviaWolfeClovis15
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    I agree with Shirogane. Just because people want gold or don't want what you're hoping to trade doesn't make them cheap. Tbh with the current events going on there's a lot of potential to make money w/o being extraordinarily strong or skilled. I've never been particularly rich ingame or anywhere close to endgame in level but there always seems to be a way to bridge the wealth gap with some effort.
    Clovis15
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited December 28, 2016
    Tayloreski said:

"then you have the people that arent nice enough to trade items for items, xD even when you offer an item worth more then there's or its equal value .. its amazing how cheap people are ;-;, and yea i could sell things to get money but things dont sell just like that, unless you make them really cheap (which i have before) but then you hardly get the money you need for what you want.. :C just cant win."

Response:

Funny. You admit that you can't sell those items unless you massively underprice them, yet you then dare to call others "cheap" when they refuse to take them at the vastly-inflated value you presume those items to have. The fact is an item only has the value people will actually pay for it, not the value some random people claim (this is why items tend to sit around forever in their shops). As such the real value of an item is the one you know you'd actually be able to sell it for, and the person you're trying to rip-off knows it too. Don't call someone cheap just because they won't let you rip them off, merchants don't owe you things. Just like you don't have forever to spend finding that one misinformed person whom'll pay too much, neither do they (and they furthermore may have morals forbidding them to do so, as not all merchants believe in lying to their customers).
    XtrooCarlizeSylviaWolfeShaeliGentlemen
  • FirelinksFirelinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    When you say tuner you mean the tuner kits? Or the hamelin tuner?
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    "When you say tuner you mean the tuner kits? Or the hamelin tuner?" ~Firelinks

They mean tuner kits I believe as the thread is discussing the pricing of rare drops from the musical math dungeon

• ValenmirValenmir
    edited December 29, 2016
    Shirogane
    Shirogane said:

you're having difficulty selling it, you kinda can't fault them for rejecting a trade.
    :O i can when its the same item. ive wanted to trade an item that was the same thing in every way, the only difference was the color of the item.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    edited December 29, 2016
    Clovis15
    Clovis15 said:

Response:

Funny. You admit that you can't sell those items unless you massively underprice them, yet you then dare to call others "cheap"
    I do call them cheap, Ive lowered things down more then what others do, Not just because the item isnt selling but simply because, thats to much. If im not willing to pay that much for the said item, why would someone else?. Like Music scrolls for example, The scroll itself is 30 gold, simple. People will make music on them and sell them for 10k. Ive seen them even go up to 50k when they are just a standard scroll :O and the black dye, its almost 3m now when it used to be 900k. In the end though it doesnt matter, this is my opinion and im just saying it because again, its just my opinion.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    @Tayloreski
    1.) Maybe they liked the color of the item/believed the coloring would allow it to sell for more
    2.) Like Clovis15 said, as a seller you raise/lower the price based on what people are willing to pay at the time it's selling and what the item is worth to you. If there is a market for a 50k scroll (some get pricey as r1 composing/MK was a big deal and making music takes skill) then I wouldn't necessarily call it cheap. Plenty of people undersell items to get rid of them or because they know/like the customer. Plenty oversell in the vain hope of getting more gold or because the item is worth more to them than the going price. Inflation plays a role as well which may be the case with the black dyes and you can also often find someone selling them for 1-2m too. I respect your opinion but disagree that people are greedy for rejecting a trade deal or selling an item for more than you believe it to be worth. There is often a good deal of price variation if you give it time and look in enough shops/server market posts.
    Clovis15
  • ValenmirValenmir
    ;x honestly probably wouldnt be like this if i could make money on the game. people make it out to be so easy but its not when you lag.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    i'mnot entirely positive about this but I think the more rare mats have a better chance of "dropping" if your party is larger. And I don't just mean that the chances go up because there are more chests to open. I've managed to get 1 tuning kit (yay me!) but I was in the dungeon with 2 other friends. Just yesterday I went in with 3 friends. 1 of them got the stardust powder.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    @Sphyra21
    Yea but theres not really enough players in the game for that. not everyone in the game is very psyched about the dungeon.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hey now, remarks like this basically state the obvious underlying message here. You both can conflict into eternity with this one.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited December 30, 2016
    @Tayloreski
    I was just stating what I had observed, nothing more
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    edited December 30, 2016
    @Tayloreski
    Have you considered page collection to make and sell magic books (Fireball, Thunder etc), filling Exploration Journals for the reward books, or taking advantage of the easy money of Samhain? There are many ways to make a decent profit ingame that don't require a perfect internet connection or stellar stats.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    "If there is a market for a 50k scroll (some get pricey as r1 composing/MK was a big deal and making music takes skill)"

Music hardly takes any skill to make anymore because people don't even "make music" anymore.
    I swear 99% just rip midis and then post them into game. So in other words you're justifying that its ok to take someone elses work and sell it for an outrageous price.
    Not to mention most music people are 'making" could have come from someone on one of the various mabi sites who actually made that song.
    No music should be sold for profit and if anyone even decides to buy music for that price is dumb.