Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What would you like to see in a Elf Overhaul?

bunny11bunny11
Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
in General Chat
If we got an Elf Overhaul update, what would you like to see in it?

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Dark skin for elves
    MylordozPrepareYourOwnMealXiokunAlaiaErorservImaizumiSherri
  • saintedsoulssaintedsouls
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    Nothing, Give humans a rework instead : D
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    Nerf vision of ladeca
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    In honesty, I would like to give the darker skin tones so that they aren't the only race left out.

However, one of the things to be buffed should be Magic Missile, as compared to a Giant's Full Swing, it has 600% damage multiplier at max rank with a 20 second cooldown and can ONLY be used in Transformation. Meanwhile, a Giant can use the Full Swing at 900% maximum damage(If they get a "Max" on the swing), on a 5 second cooldown, ALONG with being able to use it out of transformation(with the use of windguard); so my suggestion to counteract this unbalance would be to make it able to be used during Final Shot and reducing its cooldown from 20 seconds to about 5. I feel this would be enough to seperate the inbalance from transformation and 'final states.'

If I had to give another thing to buff, it would probably have to be the Windmill skill; no reason elves should have 230% windmill damage at Dan 3 compared to a Giant's and Human's 310%. At least make it 260%(20% per rank, like a human/giant). Otherwise, those are all my complaints, and I have none left.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited August 28, 2017
    I'd ask for Hide to be reworked so that it doesn't have a 35 second cool-down (probably a much shorter one), such that there'd be a far greater variety of situations it can be applied to (while possibly giving it a duration-timer to balance this out, such that Hide-ra was no longer nearly as viable as before)

Plus more changes to Final Shot.
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Well, I use to play an elf and mastered Mirage Missile. It was a rather fun skill to use when it came out at the time ^.^
    I like how the skill's damage was hybrid of INT and DEX, but I wouldn't mind it if it was tweaked a little for a bit more damage since using it on tougher mobs only does 1's. But at least their movement speed is cut in half ^.^;;

Not 100% elf related but maybe have DEX also effect the starting aim % for using bows and crossbows. Higher Dex, higher starting aim %, maybe capping at 80% on stationary mobs, 70% at walking mobs, and 60% at running mobs.
    I feel like if you've done most or even all life skills for all the DEX you can get, then maybe you shouldn't miss as much as someone starting out.

Oh, new bows that are elf only would be nice,that rivals the Bhafel Hunter; I guess it would have to crafted with magic craft then. Maybe have a bow that is fast that can also be used as a staff, since Elves are suppose to be great in archery and magic.

And speaking of magic, since humans can dual wield swords and giants can dual wield blunts weapons, maybe let elves dual wield wands?
    Not staffs, just wands. Let them have their own dual wield skill that lets them dual cast spells, but only of the same element as the wand, and int spells only when wielding two wands of the same element. Have the charge go up to 10 while dual wielding wands. Chain casting upgrades still work as well. Balance to this is that you're casting twice as fast so you're using more MP doing this.

Example: Cast two firebolts at once cost the MP of casting two firebolts. Like using a +1 chain cast firewand.
    But using two +4 chain cast firewands to cast ten firebolts at once would be like using one +4 chain cast firewand twice at once.

To compensate for the increase of MP usage, maybe uncap the Meditation skill to rank 1, but give elves an extra mana reduction when in use?

Sorry for the long post. I tried to balance it the best I could, but I know more than likely there will be ways to abuse my suggestions >.<;;
    Please be nice..
    KokoroMhaol
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    edited August 28, 2017
    Oria wrote: »
    Well, I use to play an elf and mastered Mirage Missile. It was a rather fun skill to use when it came out at the time ^.^
    I like how the skill's damage was hybrid of INT and DEX, but I wouldn't mind it if it was tweaked a little for a bit more damage since using it on tougher mobs only does 1's. But at least their movement speed is cut in half ^.^;;

Not 100% elf related but maybe have DEX also effect the starting aim % for using bows and crossbows. Higher Dex, higher starting aim %, maybe capping at 80% on stationary mobs, 70% at walking mobs, and 60% at running mobs.
    I feel like if you've done most or even all life skills for all the DEX you can get, then maybe you shouldn't miss as much as someone starting out.

Oh, new bows that are elf only would be nice,that rivals the Bhafel Hunter; I guess it would have to crafted with magic craft then. Maybe have a bow that is fast that can also be used as a staff, since Elves are suppose to be great in archery and magic.

And speaking of magic, since humans can dual wield swords and giants can dual wield blunts weapons, maybe let elves dual wield wands?
    Not staffs, just wands. Let them have their own dual wield skill that lets them dual cast spells, but only of the same element as the wand, and int spells only when wielding two wands of the same element. Have the charge go up to 10 while dual wielding wands. Chain casting upgrades still work as well. Balance to this is that you're casting twice as fast so you're using more MP doing this.

Example: Cast two firebolts at once cost the MP of casting two firebolts. Like using a +1 chain cast firewand.
    But using two +4 chain cast firewands to cast ten firebolts at once would be like using one +4 chain cast firewand twice at once.

To compensate for the increase of MP usage, maybe uncap the Meditation skill to rank 1, but give elves an extra mana reduction when in use?

Sorry for the long post. I tried to balance it the best I could, but I know more than likely there will be ways to abuse my suggestions >.<;;
    Please be nice..

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to say no to those wand changes - You'll be effectively doubling magic damage for elves, while making EVERY race inferior and weaker than them, making them also, the best DPS in the game. I don't want to see 100k firebolt spamming, even if it does cost an arm and a leg to cast. So unless you have another balancing method, this is rather.. Too broken for the game.

I'm fine with those Archery suggestions, albeit, I'm comfortable with how the Aim Percentage starts without this rework, and for the Mirage Missile thing, great idea. It definitely should be buffed, or made into "True Damage"(penetrating)
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Honestly, if there is one thing to be included, its that Rapier talent that never saw the light of day.

You can even see leftovers of it too, in the Saga storyline. Literally every elf in it uses Rapiers.
    Having dex based melee would really help balance out the elf race.
    (Although Chain Slash will fit in the same boat, that talent is more a dex based ninja/gunner hybrid)

Maybe something magic related? You know, for that nonexistent but still mentioned magic superiority elves have?

Maybe give elves an alchemy bonus so alchemy can be relevant again?

How about an even FASTER run speed? No? Okay.

Maybe rework magic missile so it fires faster and make it have no cooldown during final shot, even allowing use out of falcon?

Although the best we might see will be some highly insignificant archery buff and nothing else.
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Honestly, if there is one thing to be included, its that Rapier talent that never saw the light of day.

You can even see leftovers of it too, in the Saga storyline. Literally every elf in it uses Rapiers.
    Having dex based melee would really help balance out the elf race.
    (Although Chain Slash will fit in the same boat, that talent is more a dex based ninja/gunner hybrid)

Maybe something magic related? You know, for that nonexistent but still mentioned magic superiority elves have?

Maybe give elves an alchemy bonus so alchemy can be relevant again?

How about an even FASTER run speed? No? Okay.

Maybe rework magic missile so it fires faster and make it have no cooldown during final shot, even allowing use out of falcon?

Although the best we might see will be some highly insignificant archery buff and nothing else.

I still don't think so with the introduction to the Chain-Slash class. Also, where was there introduction of this, were there skills as placeholders?

I mean .. They could also be saying that elves are elegant fighters, thus are using rapiers, it doesn't mean it was a class, so please, source this and I'll be on your side, otherwise, I'm not gonig to be believing your story.

I wouldn't mind a magic-related melee-class for the elves.

No, everyone is balanced in Alchemy, and it's made for mainly supporting, unless you really dedicate towards it.

Everyone should run as fast as a Nimbus. :')

I'm still up for magic missile rework, 5 second cooldown in trans, 0 second cooldown during final shot. <3

That's unfortunately, probably true. But definitely look towards the future and hope, because Chain Slash is technical a HUGE thing for Elves, especially seeing how Giant's had to get special treatment to even come close to their power.
    Albeit, they can min-max every bit of thing towards Chain Slash to make themselves mroe powerful, while needing to be lv. 200 current, and having alv. 200 DEX heavy divine link pet .. But , elves will be naturally better.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    SugarAngel wrote: »
    I still don't think so with the introduction to the Chain-Slash class. Also, where was there introduction of this, were there skills as placeholders?

I mean .. They could also be saying that elves are elegant fighters, thus are using rapiers, it doesn't mean it was a class, so please, source this and I'll be on your side, otherwise, I'm not gonig to be believing your story.

I get what you mean. I won't bother looking though, because even if I found something, Saga was done years ago.
    The chances of them reviving a talent years old like that are about the same chance as winning the lottery 10 times in a row.
    Although if the talent really didn't exist, that only raises even more questions.
    Such as why the devs would have elves use melee when (especially back when Saga was made) elf melee was terrible?
    Although considering how much of a mess Saga was, I'll believe any number of things went wrong.
    That's unfortunately, probably true. But definitely look towards the future and hope, because Chain Slash is technical a HUGE thing for Elves, especially seeing how Giant's had to get special treatment to even come close to their power.
    Albeit, they can min-max every bit of thing towards Chain Slash to make themselves mroe powerful, while needing to be lv. 200 current, and having alv. 200 DEX heavy divine link pet .. But , elves will be naturally better.

Well, I guess you can say Chain Slash is "sort of" a elf revamp?
  • OriaOria

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to say no to those wand changes - You'll be effectively doubling magic damage for elves, while making EVERY race inferior and weaker than them, making them also, the best DPS in the game. I don't want to see 100k firebolt spamming, even if it does cost an arm and a leg to cast. So unless you have another balancing method, this is rather.. Too broken for the game.

I'm fine with those Archery suggestions, albeit, I'm comfortable with how the Aim Percentage starts without this rework, and for the Mirage Missile thing, great idea. It definitely should be buffed, or made into "True Damage"(penetrating)

Thank you for the critique ^.^
    I wasn't entirely sure what could be changed in a unique way that benefits elves in a positive light. I mean, human are great at being all around and can dual wield swords, and giants are great at melee combats and can dual wield blunts weapons. Since elves appear to be great with range skills, such as archery and magic, I assumed maybe they should dual wield something as well, but I can only think of wands instead of bows and crossbows. I can't imagine trying to reload two crossbows at once ^.^;

As for magic, I'm rather sad that the go to wand is just firewand, or tribolt if you can obtain one. It just out damages the other wands and causes knockback. I guess you could use the icewand to combo attack, gain MP, and slow the mob; And I guess lightning wand for the fast AOE and %bonus damage at max charged. Then there's the wands that you can upgrade for faster casting.

I don't know...maybe a different version of magic weapon mastery then?
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    -buff final shot
    -have an actual magic advantage besides
    -revamp ranged system
    -buff mirage missile
    -have better elf only weapons
    -
    ImaizumiMhaolHiroki05
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    - dark skin for elves
    - buff magic missile
    - let elves be good at magix like they were meant to be
    - revamp archery too, it's impossible for me to play with it and do things
    - work on hide, make it more useful pl0x
    - rapier talent. pls?
  • ZelfalZelfal
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    As a giant player that hangs out with mostly elves and humans, I say Elves do need a buff and somewhat of a nerf to make them more balanced as they are still considered the strongest race in KR.

Archery is Elves most powerful skill set as they can get the most Dex but why do archery when you are missing more trying to hit the broad side of a barn 2 feet in front of you. Elves fire the 2 arrows both hit or miss but the chance to hit things at 100% but missing 3/4 of the time (I have seen this happen so much its not even funny) this needs to be changed as well as elves range attack should not be worse then humans but better without needing a special skill to boost aiming speed. (why do humans have 300% aiming speed but elves only 200%?) Vision can be nerfed by half BUT only if the range is switched.

Oh, new bows that are elf only would be nice,that rivals the Bhafel Hunter; I guess it would have to crafted with magic craft then. Maybe have a bow that is fast that can also be used as a staff, since Elves are suppose to be great in archery and magic..

Elf only gear would be great, humans and giants got special gear for their race traits (Humans CRKS for Final Hit and Giants Frosted gear for Wind Guard, Full Swing, and charge) I'm all for bows possibly allow for penetration similar to xbows and special reactive armor(on hit) for those that love up close and personal. Maybe also special quivers to hold crafted arrows such as Finest homemade arrow (no one ever crafts arrows anymore).

Magic for elves is the same as all race EXCEPT elves use less mana for spells and charged spells BUT magic hardly misses and is considered a better choice of combat for elves due to the issue of their range mentioned above.

Darker skin for elves just little darker then the Pumpkin Crown tone would be nice but not chocolate (sorry but no i prefer elves looking more elegant and they do have fair skin).

Elven Hide is fine as it is cause come on no one likes the fact including some elves that a elf can hide hydra everything (yes humans and giants can to the same if they have a Crystal Deer pet) the hide should be left alone for balance sake not to mention its unique to that race only.

Make Magic Missile usable outside trans but only in Final Shot while changing the damage rate for magic missile as well as make it like tri-element shot (triattack from Pocket monsters anyone), get rid of the spinning thingy just give them all elements in 1 shot but a mulitiplier with bows similar to 2 hander full swing. (giants hit less with sword and shield rather then a Battle Hammer = Elves hit less using a wand yet get increased damage while using a Bow).

Urgent Shot could have a change that involves Spider Shot by working together this could be done through making Spider shot into a passive skill (only activates 50% at rk 1) that still needs traps but is only usable with urgent shot. (Urgent shot pushes back and Spider shot roots but dose no damge)

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    edited August 28, 2017
    Zelfal wrote: »

Darker skin for elves just little darker then the Pumpkin Crown tone would be nice but not chocolate (sorry but no i prefer elves looking more elegant and they do have fair skin).

If you don't prefer it then don't choose it. Everyone should have the option to be as dark or as fair as they want. And black skin tones can look just as elegant. My Xio is the blackest of the skintones and I think he looks very elegant in it. If I had an elf I would want that same tone.
    SherriHiroki05offwithyourheads
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited August 28, 2017

Please be nice..

Being superior in magic, somethign they should excel on is unheard of.
    But being inferior in melee, while giants and humans are superior in melee is perfectly fine.

That's neat.

Mhaol
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Remove aiming for bows.
    For all races.
    Mhaol
  • MylordozMylordoz
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    The only problem I see with elves is that they can't be brown.
  • OriaOria
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Remove aiming for bows.
    For all races.

Does this include mobs such as the Shadow Archers?
    That could get rather mean getting attacked by two of them while another shadow mob attacks you.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited August 29, 2017
    I wanted more hair and eye colours for giants, but their overhaul didn't come with any.
    Honestly they should just unlock all the skin/hair/eye colour options for all races, and throw in a Fresh New Look event when they do it.

Elven "dual-wielding" comes in the form of shooting two arrows, but this only works for normal ranged attacks and they don't get Dual Wield Mastery, soooo... I want to see a Dual Shot Mastery. Higher ranks increase the chance of shooting double Magnums. cackle

Does Elven Magic Missile still do loldamage with a wand? Make wand missile do more than single digits, it was only funny the first 7 years.