Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

General Respect/Handling Grief

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    For the record, the reason I had a fair idea of who it was is because only 3-4 people in the entire population of tarlach are known for going out of their way to harass others.
    ParadoxLostSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Seriously, this is a topic to raise awareness about online harassing, not for name shaming anyone.

On topic, if you see somebody getting bullied or you are getting bullied yourself, don't be afraid to report the one being mean.
    If possible, you could civilly defend the person/yourself.
    NilremParadoxLostIyasenuCarlizeAtaraxiz
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    edited August 29, 2017
    doesnt matter who started it, or who ended it.
    - if someone blocks you, and you continue to send them notes then you are harassing them.
    -unless their sending you notes back that isn't "stop noting me or ill have to report you" which doesn't sound like the case.

To be honest they need to fix note sending so you cant message people you blocked or got blocked.
    people should be freely able to fight in mabi, but shouldn't freely be able to keep conversing after someone got black listed.
    ParadoxLostSherriChibiMegu
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    edited August 29, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Liyeta wrote: »
    -insert psychobabble here-
    I do believe I said, "Neither was I."
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    doesnt matter who started it, or who ended it.
    - if someone blocks you, and you continue to send them notes then you are harassing them.
    -unless their sending you notes back that isn't "stop noting me or ill have to report you" which doesn't sound like the case.

To be honest they need to fix note sending so you cant message people you blocked or got blocked from can message you.
    The problem with this equation is the person being blocked gets no notification of this (unless the person blocking them says something). If they don't know you blocked them, it's not really fair to report them for "talking to the great almighty you". ~ There's two sides to every story.

If you can see your getting messages from someone you blacklisted, and your saying "stop messaging me, ive black listed you" and they continue, then i dont care who started it.
    i dont care if the person came up to you wished death on your family, cussed you out, and made every lil awful notion of you possible. if that person who did allllll that BLACK LISTED YOU-STOPS COMMUNICATION WITH YOU- and clearly says "dont message me or ill report you" then THATS IT!

once you black list someone, or when someone black lists you, and the conversation keeps going on SOME HOW, at the POINT it should be report-able. I think unless the person reporting is the person bothering the other person AFTER a black list, then its a different story.
    ParadoxLostSherriChibiMegu
  • NilremNilrem
    There's two sides to every story.

Look, if knowing what happened is REALLY THAT IMPORTANT to you, make an alt, jump on Tarlach, and ask around.
    No really, ask around. Channel 7. Could even find me if you want.
    Believe me, this isn't the 2 sided story your little imagination is thinking up.

I would say more, but I would rather be CIVIL and NOT DROP NAMES.
    SherriPolicroma
  • NilremNilrem
    Nilrem wrote: »

Look, if knowing what happened is REALLY THAT IMPORTANT to you, make an alt, jump on Tarlach, and ask around.
    Believe me, this isn't the 2 sided story your little imagination is thinking up.

This thread was aimed at a specific person, and centered around a specific moment in time. There is nothing random about it.

Random? Look. Perhaps I need to be more information heavy on you.

OP? I know him in game. Troublemaker mentioned? Also know him in game.
    You literally can't be a jerk in Tarlach without 80% of the server knowing.

Just hop on for story time and save everyone the trouble.
    Sherri
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited August 29, 2017

Nilrem gettin spicy

This thread was aimed at a specific person, and centered around a specific moment in time. There is nothing random about it.

Funny you say that, cuz i havent been consistently online in game for about a month. So no this wasnt centered around a specific time. And not any specific person either. People..shore, but not any single person.

Edit: theres a full server of stories about this. Thats why i brought it up.

Edit2: hell there's a whooole half the world that can you tell you stories about similar incidents all over the internet.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

No, it was not.
    You are only thinking that way.
    Did you even read my post or the many posts replying the same thing?
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost

↑ This double-talk is literally saying there is another side of the story you would rather not talk about.

Get the heck out of here..stop trying and succeeding in derailing the discussion..there is no double talk there. She is literally inviting you to ask her all about it.
    Sherri
  • NilremNilrem
    edited August 29, 2017

↑ This double-talk is literally saying you want to actually follow the forum rules.

Fixed that for you.
    Also I literally cannot mention anything about this troublemaker, as even the slightest important detail will make it so obvious that it might as well be name dropping. Which is also against forum rules. Hence why I want to just pass the information in game.
    Nilrem already admitted to knowing you in game.

Look Sherlock. I'm going to be blunt. Half the population of Tarlach/Anyone in Tarlach that has ever been to Tir knows OP.

He was often seen afk next to the tailoring station.
    Sherri
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost

↑ This double-talk is literally saying there is another side of the story you would rather not talk about.

You just dont understand..you could ask anyone in tarach..you could ask anyone in the world. And 90% of them can point out one bully or another. It just so happens that its happening here in this community and it shouldnt be. Tarlach is small. Its more concentrated. You need to stop. You're hiding behind a screen and defending people that hurt people for laughs. At this point you are exact proof of what this discussion was meant to be about.
    SherriChibiMegu
  • NilremNilrem

You just dont understand..you could ask anyone in tarach..you could ask anyone in the world. And 90% of them can point out one bully or another. It just so happens that its happening here in this community and it shouldnt be. Tarlach is small. Its more concentrated. You need to stop. You're hiding behind a screen and defending people that hurt people for laughs. At this point you are exact proof of what this discussion was meant to be about.
    You said it's not about a specific person. Nilrem suggests that it is. Whose lying?

Neither actually. I know that sounds confusing, but this is another part of why I can't mention anything.

This is also sort of why I want you to just message me in game for the full story, mostly about who this troublemaker in question is.
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost

You said it's not about a specific person. Nilrem suggests that it is. Whose lying?

You're not listening. Its only a small number of people in tarlach. You would have to be blind to not see who is doing what. She said this. She said she could point out multiple people. Which we have all insinuated from the beginning. You are literally the only person that thinks it is one person.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    plus your not on topic... the topic is how to re
    Also I literally cannot mention anything about this troublemaker, as even the slightest important detail will make it so obvious that it might as well be name dropping. Which is also against forum rules. Hence why I want to just pass the information in game.
    That's not what i called double-talk (what's the matter with you people). You said it's not about a specific person (it's "random"). You stood up for the "randomness of this thread", and then immediately after, you implied not wanting to divulge into details about the specific person this is in fact about. So tell me another fairy tale.

im not standing up for anyone. i simply stayed on topic, which was "My question to the community is what do you do? When blacklisting doesnt block notes and reporting will only get them a temporary ban at most, how do you handle the grief and disrespect and keep it from bothering you too much? Do you stand up for the person being attacked or do you keep your head down and walk away?"

My answer was simply that if your getting notes after you blacklisted them, then you can report it. :T
    If Paradox ended up harassing someone they black listed or black listed them, then thats when paradox is most likely able to get reported. +++No matter who started it.+++
    Your issue is your still stuck on a much smaller picture. which is "whose this person?" and "did you start it?"
    Ataraxiz
  • NilremNilrem
    Whether or not the other side of the story is told here tonight is irrelevant ... -- There still is one.

If you just jumped into the game from the start I could have told you the entire story by now.
    I'm not joking. It really could have been that simple.

Instead of solving the problem, the one you made but you won't ever view it that way because protagonist syndrome, you just continue in an endless cycle of accusations.

I came back to this thread to help you and clear up misinformation forming in your mind.
    Apparently you can't even work with that. So I shall take my leave.
    Sherri
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Whether or not the other side of the story is told here tonight is irrelevant ... -- There still is one.

If you just jumped into the game from the start I could have told you the entire story by now.

Instead of solving the problem, the one you made but you won't ever view it that way because protagonist syndrome, you just continue in an endless cycle of accusations.

I came back to this thread to help you and clear up misinformation forming in your mind.
    I made it my own by asserting it takes more than one person to argue? or you made it mine by proving it?

You did indeed prove it takes two people to argue. I see that now very clearly. Congrats. Now go argue by yourself because as far as I'm concerned and i think most can agree with me. We are done helping you prove your own points.
    Sherri
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne

I made it my own by asserting it takes more than one person to argue? or you made it mine by proving it?

even if you both argued, if Nilrem black listed you in mabi, and you continued to message them, they still have the abillity to report you :)
    the forum of course is different. so even though you proved that it takes two to argue. it takes 1 person to END a argument.
    [Deleted User]Sherri
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    edited August 29, 2017
    sending a ticket still reporting. which is what i said in my first ticket.
    [edit] which is a much more effective method
    [second edit] i also said someone can walk up to you and just spout w/e they wanted and black listed you without you saying anything. and they could still send a ticket reporting you, if you messaged them after them telling you not to message them.
    thats why i dont believe arguing matters....
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    sending a ticket still reporting. which is what i said in my first ticket.
    [edit] which is a much more effective method
    I said this in my first post (or rather I implied this would have been better off dealt with in a ticket). :)

the person didnt know, they said everything BUT sending a ticket. thats why i clarified. - thats why this post exists.. even if its a real argument, the issue of the post is "what do i do about it" and the person name wasnt mentioned. you dont say "send a ticket and take the post down". its clear written post without names, about how to solve an issue they didnt know how.
    its "touchy" but its irrelevant.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    This thread...

s-a4bd0e2100a091129b08331b49bf7ca46ba032e1.jpg
    [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.