Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Book Club

Comments

• RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    The 10th volume of "Ruairi's Anguished" is now out,the next volume will be out on the next weekend;see you there!
    IGN: Royred
    Server: Alexina
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited August 13, 2017
    ch46promo_art.jpg

edit: here, have your shiny scenery art.

Anima, Ch.46: The Lost Years
    Author: Shaeli
    Server: Mari

Seven years have passed since Meara's familiar life came undone when she became an outside context problem for the gods of Erinn. Cut off from the Soul Stream, imprisoned in Iria without anything to give her life a purpose, out of reasons to go on living yet unable to die, and having crossed the despair event horizon, now Meara is starting to lose her sanity.

By night, she has horrific nightmares of bringing death and destruction to Erinn. By day, she fights the impulses to act out those dreams with all her remaining force of will—and it is fading. Then, one night, in a dream, a man in an eagle mask appeared and called out to her: "Find me. You need help."
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    The final volume of "Ruairi's Anguished" is now out,the new sequel called "Ruairi's Downfall" will be out on the next weekend;see you there!
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    The 1st volume of "Ruairi's Downfall" is now out,the next volume will be out on the next weekend;see you there!
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Due to...revisions, I've had to tack on some more length, and I'll probably have to go to 67 chapters now.
    Oh well, if it takes 20 more to tell this story the way I want it to be told, that's what I'll do.
    I will see this to the end, as long as I'm physically capable.

Anima, Ch.47: Call of Akule

At the summons of the mysterious masked shaman, Meara seeks him out in the deep jungles of Courcle. She doesn't make the best first impression, though, especially not to his students. He called out to her because he couldn't resist the chance to see for himself a living contradiction—a demon, a thing that possesses others to do harm, but one that's in the flesh and unwilling to hurt anyone? Akule has a dire warning for Meara: because she's nearly lost the will to live, the darker, more destructive aspect of her nature is making a play to take control—and it wants nothing less than the end of all life.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Oh, right, this.

Anima, Ch.48: Temet Nosce

Meara had indeed given up the will to live, wanting nothing more than to just disappear without causing Erinn any more trouble, but as a Milletian she can't die.. As it turns out, Meara's current problems go all the way back to the moment of her reincarnation in Erinn—presented with an opportunity to bring a potentially powerful soul into their war with the Fomors, the gods took it, fashioning for her a body and a mind that were loosely based on their original forms, which the gods did not fully understand. But now those original forms are reasserting themselves...and without the willpower to want to go on living, her dormant former self will eventually take over, with dire consequences for all. Akule has a plan to put a stop to this, but first he needs the Mirror of Memory...

• RoyRedRoyRed
    The 2nd volume of "Ruairi's Downfall" is now out,the next volume will be out on the next weekend;see you there!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 30, 2017
    @Shaeli
    I really love the story you are doing so far! I'd read everyone elses, but I've only read yours since you had it saved on paste bin.
    I hope you do update it soon on paste bin, I'd love to read all of it. Hopefully I'll be able to read everyone's stories too. :D

EDIT:
    After forever, I finally made chapter two of Ciel Blanc!!

Ciel Blanc ~ Ch. 2
    Author: Mizuli

Don't worry, I'm making up a third chapter as well. I don't want to forget about this again. :(
  • SherriSherri
    Well.. sorry for double posting, but.. I gotta.
    I was writing a new story, got all 40 lines and it took me like an hour.
    When I finished, though.. even though I saved it as a draft like five times, it only saved like three scenes.

I'm never using that again. I'm going to put every single thing on a notepad because this is ridiculous.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    edited August 31, 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    @Shaeli
    I really love the story you are doing so far! I'd read everyone elses, but I've only read yours since you had it saved on paste bin.
    I hope you do update it soon on paste bin, I'd love to read all of it. Hopefully I'll be able to read everyone's stories too. :D

Actually, I was just getting around to doing that today, and I should have all the expired chapters (up to 44) on my pastebin in the next few hours. I'd let it slide since, well, nobody was reading it, but since the story ended a major plot arc, I figured it was time to get it caught up.

I was writing a new story, got all 40 lines and it took me like an hour.
    When I finished, though.. even though I saved it as a draft like five times, it only saved like three scenes.

I'm never using that again. I'm going to put every single thing on a notepad because this is ridiculous.

I do the same thing for the exact same reason. :/
    I do all the writing in Notepad++ and just copy/paste it into the game, with notes for background changes, character portraits, and music.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    I've noticed.. MabiNovel is missing quite a bit of NPCs. That or I can't seem to find the books.
    I know that I haven't seen any book for the 'Rush of Love' quest line. (Fighter)
    Plus there are a load of backgrounds that aren't included in.
    I know MabiNovel came out only like a year ago, but still..
  • ShaeliShaeli
    I've noticed.. MabiNovel is missing quite a bit of NPCs. That or I can't seem to find the books.
    I know that I haven't seen any book for the 'Rush of Love' quest line. (Fighter)
    Plus there are a load of backgrounds that aren't included in.
    I know MabiNovel came out only like a year ago, but still..

Sadly, I'm afraid MabiNovels are going to end up another neglected and forgotten "black box" feature—just another in a long line of black boxes, shoved to the wayside by new developers that want to make their mark on the game, and screw all that old stuff! I certainly hope not, but the evidence speaks for itself. Just look at all the things in the game that haven't been touched or expanded upon since they were introduced, a litany of wasted potential.

Anyway, /rant

Anima, Ch.49: Unwelcomed

On the search for the Mirror of Memory, Meara ends up having to ask some questions of Atrata, but the leader of Filia remembers things quite well, and remembers that Meara was told not to return. Her answers may come at a painful price.
    Sherri
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    The 3rd volume of "Ruairi's Downfall" is now out,the next volume will be out on the next weekend;see you there!
  • SherriSherri
    'A Day of Storytelling' is now out on MabiNovel!

A Day of Storytelling

I wanna say it's like a spinoff type of story for Ciel Blanc, but.. I honestly have no idea what it is.
    It's something I randomly thought up one day. lol
  • ShaeliShaeli
    edited September 10, 2017
    50 chapters, it's a landmark! This one is the beginning of an...interesting series of events....
    The following few chapters are a part I've been looking forward to since the very beginning...

Anima, Ch.50: Mirror, Mirror

In the end, Meara learned where the Mirror of Memory now was, though she had to take an arrow through the wing as the price of wisdom. As it turns out, Kelpie had kept the Mirror of Memory with him after he'd restored his own memories with it, stashing it away in a crate in his kiosk at Calida. Merlin and Meara retrieve the Mirror, and return with it to Akule. Through an obscure ritual detailed in an ancient scroll Akule found, using the Mirror, Meara has her consciousness subsumed into the depths of her mind, to confront the most terrifying and dangerous thing she may ever have to face—her own past self.
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    The 4th volume "Ruairi's Downfall" is now out,the next volume will be out on the next weekend;see you there!
  • SherriSherri
    Reuploaded chapter 1 of Ciel Blanc for those who haven't read it.
    I edited quite a bit of it as well, adding new dialogue and fixed it up a little bit.
    Hope you all enjoy!

Ciel Blanc ~ Ch 1 [Reupload]
  • ShaeliShaeli
    ch51promo_art.jpg
    I spent ten hours on this, someone had damn well better appreciate it

Anima, Ch.51: Dark Reflection

In the depths of her own mind, Meara finds herself in a re-creation of her former home, and in its halls, she is confronted with...a manifestation of who she used to be: a cold, calculating, manipulative monster, made all the more disturbing by this prior incarnation being her splitting image. Her past self forces many of Meara's lost and dormant memories of the life she lived before being stranded in the Soulstream to resurface, including the incomprehensible magnitude of her unforgivable sins. The blood of countless thousands is on her hands, cruelly tortured to death for the sake of idle curiosity and amusement...and her past self is completely unrepentant. It knows her better than Meara knows herself, and it knows what she wants most desperately...and offers exactly that. Is her former self being sincere, or is it a trap?

• RoyRedRoyRed
    The 5th volume of "Ruairi's Downfall" is now out,the next volume will be out on the next weekend;see you there!
  • SherriSherri
    Chapter 3 of Ciel Blanc is out!~

Ciel Blanc ~ Ch 3