Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Christmas, new year hot time.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 30, 2016
    My point is that they don't have to give anything. Nothing at all. So even if what they are giving out may not be appropriate for everyone... Oh well. simply pass the item on to someone who had missed out on it that can use it. I don't have a single male character at all. So the freebie won't do me any good. But I will accept graciously (not like I had to put forth any effort to get it) and simply pass it on to someone else who can use it and be grateful for it. At least they were kind enough to think of us at all.
    Berryswirl
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited December 30, 2016
    I didn't even realize we were getting this hot time until I saw this thread about it lol. But with that in mind, I'm not happy it's male only either, and I don't see why everyone is getting angry at those who aren't happy? You say sell it, yet if everyone is getting one I highly doubt it'll be worth much, so good luck with that...

If they want people to come on for hot times (which they do), this is not the way to do it.

Edit: @Ktty about your above comment - I'm not trying to be rude when I say this, but we're their playbase, they're supposed to be thinking of us? I appreciate getting hot times regardless but I'm not going to appreciate it when they clearly didn't think of a lot of their playbase with this. (And this goes to whoever said earlier about only getting female items in hot times, or not getting things for Giants, you shouldn't have to appreciate those either. No one likes getting left out, it's not cool.)
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited December 30, 2016
    females had like 2 outfits and wigs more than males in the crossover including wiggling ear female wigs and yet people are upset because the males are getting a wig free even when they are still getting the title coupon. This just annoys me. wipe your butt with it. I don't care anymore
    BerryswirlErydanos
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    Sphyra21 said:

1st Attendance Event: Guys get a Meryl Wig (M) and the gals get--! -insert drumroll here- Romeo Wig (F)! -end with: ba dum tss!-

Reply:

Not to nitpick, but what attendance event are you talking about with this? As far as I'm aware, the attendance event before the Caswyn/Avelin one gave a hair coupon that was untradeable. The only one before that was October 2015, and the grand prize was a penguin and a gender neutral cap. The Meryl and Romeo wigs were only obtainable via the Mission Point Event.

As for the wig we're getting, I'm just happy Mabi's giving us more free stuff. Besides the fact that I love my hair too much to hide it with wigs, they could have easily not given us anything at all (And almost didn't as that part of the hot time was added later), so I'm not going to complain.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    @Carlize oops mb. Yeah you're right, I get them mixed up. Ty for letting me know. ^^

@Arjune you are officially the ONLY person that I have heard complain about the Avelin and Meryl Wigs (m). I know alot of people who were super happy about getting (especially the Meryl) the wigs as a male item. Not mention those 2 wigs look AWESOME on males. And that thing about more outfits in the gacha? 3 key words there: IN THE GACHA. And don't pick and choose parts of what I said and use them in such a negative way please. I try not to do this to others as a common courtesy. I remember stating in there something about how nexon doesn't HAVE to give us anything free (posting this from mobile so it's a pain to go find it).

Also the tone of my initial post was supposed to be for fun and maybe provide a laugh or 2. If I had the slightest inkling that people would get so salty about it, I would have just typed it up in a boring monotone that Almost always gets misread negatively. But oh well.

And lol haven't heard the saying about the "gift horse" in a while.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Jeez people still going on about the free M wig.....

Sell it, give it away, put it in your dressing room.

Yes it's unfair the females don't get a wig or something too, but it's free...

This is why we can't have nice things :c.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited December 30, 2016
    @Sphyra21: I also saw people say they loved the caswyn F and romeo F (but mainly the caswyn). Just because a few people liked them doesn't mean they were overall great items embraced by the community though. Same goes for the male ones. I wear the male ones sometimes, but they are not 'better' than the female ones. that was my point I was making...
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Just got my wig and title!! Wig looks really neat with the mask. To bad I don't have a male character for it though. Maybe I should just make one.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I think the annoying thing is that it's not tradable and I am female. Ok I can see where you guys are coming from now.

This is indeed lame.
  • RiwerRiwer
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    edited December 31, 2016
    Why isn't this wig tradable? It's really annoying, I was hoping to be able to get it so I could sell it. Looks like this was just a big disapointment.
    I'll be crying in a corner now.
    *Edit*
    Found out that the title can be traded. Now why can't the wig?
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    edited December 31, 2016
    Let me be the 2nd you heard complaining about Avelin wig (M) then lmao The wigs in these games beside Kirito and Altam wig are hideous. Well a few are acceptable but mostly hideous. In contrast to those cute female wigs.. Mabi is from Korea and Korea is popular for their hallyu idols and actors so why cant they make wigs like those :|

Edit: Why the post edited out some of the lines o.O
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I expected it to be non-trade so I ain't even mad. I'm just glad it doesn't have a timer that expires like the Ferghus wings and the limited Yui Puppet.

It's Nexon after all. Non-trade and expire timers is what they do.
  • ArjuneArjune
    they probably made it non-tradeable so people wouldn't log on 50 accounts and get 50 of them
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited December 31, 2016
    My main is female and i find it very inconsiderate that you only gave the boys a nice wig for this new year.... (Also i only use female characters)

I hope we can get a wig for girls only too this January 1 at least.
  • SheenaSheena
    I want a free new year wig that i can use at least... Can't even sell that junk.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I was wondering about that. Thought I was just one of the unlucky ones to get a male wig from a random roll. Ah well... least it's another +1 to my dressing room collection to never be seen again.
  • SheenaSheena
    NasumiRayne

I was wondering about that. Thought I was just one of the unlucky ones to get a male wig from a random roll. Ah well... least it's another +1 to my dressing room collection to never be seen again.
    We can't even sell it or trade it
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Look in the thread a few below this for the Christmas/New Year events, myself and some others were saying we didn't like girls not getting a wig either.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited December 31, 2016
    i am pretty sure the wig is not tradable... there is a crappy utawarerumono wig female on the gacha, idk why they didnt use it as a reward for female characters.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited December 31, 2016
    Welp there goes my give it away and sell it ideas. Rip.

Dressing room it is!