Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Audio glitch after doing Musical Math Dungeon

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
in Bugs and Glitches
Not sure if I'm the only one that is having this problem but, whenever I go to do the Math Musical dungeon, the map area music works fine, the dunbarton or any BGM that is playing before warping to the dungeon, but the problem is, once exiting the dungeon, and entering a town map, even after switching channels, the town BGM doesn't play at all, yet the sound effects from say birds does still play. The only fix on my side that I have found that works, is restarting the client.

From what I experienced, it seems the culprit is the second room, the one that has you match the tune on the four harps correctly. It must be bugging out the town BGM due to how the harps work, in that the fourth harp you choose the right music for, becomes that dungeon run's BGM.

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Hm I kinda noticed this once the other day but didn't think anything of it. To make your report complete, can you include your ign, server, and a video showing the issue in your first post? That way if this is indeed an issue, it can be looked into and forwarded to be fixed.
    pawcalypse
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    edited December 30, 2016
    Sure.
    ign: Frahaleeh
    Server: Ruairi
    As for the video, never could get the hang of the video feature. But I can describe what to do to reproduce it.

You enter the dungeon as normal, go through the 4 harp room, pick one of the four harps last, causing that harp's tune to be that run's background music, you then finish the dungeon normally. Once out of the dungeon and back in the lobby, leave the lobby normally with background music on. The bgm for the dunbarton area should not play, yet the ambient sounds like the birds will still play. if you take the moongate to say Tara, once arriving, the bgm will still not play.
    pawcalypse
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Brimmer said:

Sure.
    As for the video, never could get the hang of the video feature. But I can describe what to do to reproduce it.
    Unfortunately the video is required before it will be forwarded. You can always get a friend who's experiencing this also to post it if you can't .
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    edited December 30, 2016
    Okay. I admit, it's not the harps in the second room causing it. I'm just surprised noone else has even posted about the bug. I guess sooner or later another player that isn't embarrased easily at how lame they are at doing a dungeon while recording will do it.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Hardmuscle

I am unable to recreate this "bug" after several tries.

~ Perhaps it's a picky bug, or it's relative to your sound card/driver; who knows.

So.. it leaves me to question ...

Are you by any chance using 'Alt+Tab' from 'Fullscreen' to open another window (at any point)?

The only loss of sound I managed to find is when using 'Alt+Tab' from 'Fullscreen' (the sound doesn't come back when you do).

Pressing 'Alt+Enter' (switch to Windowed Mode) and 'Alt+Enter' again (switch back to Fullscreen), corrects this nuisance. ☺
    No, I'm on windowed mode. I'm not sure about the sound card/driver, as no other dungeon has the problem.
  • KttyKtty
    Brimmer said:

No, I'm on windowed mode. I'm not sure about the sound card/driver, as no other dungeon has the problem.
    Actually there are several 'dungeons' that will occasionally glitch if the game is played in windowed mode. The music dungeon is one of them. If your in full screen before entering the dungeon, does it still happen to you? Do note, to determine if windowed mode is the possible culprit, you will need to play thru the dungeon without ever minimizing, alt+tabbing or alt+entering and see if it still occurs.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    edited December 31, 2016
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Brimmer said:

Actually there are several 'dungeons' that will occasionally glitch if the game is played in windowed mode. The music dungeon is one of them. If your in full screen before entering the dungeon, does it still happen to you? Do note, to determine if windowed mode is the possible culprit, you will need to play thru the dungeon without ever minimizing, alt+tabbing or alt+entering and see if it still occurs.
    Well then, After running the dungeon in Full-Screen, the audio still glitched when leaving. & since no others have had it happen every time, it looks like it's my audio card. If I have to restart the client each time I run that dungeon, oh well.

Though I did notice something, after the Spirit of Jabchiel music-fight, the background music stopped playing, could be what is causing it. Though in all honesty, this whole needing a video to forward a problem is, in my personal opinion, a tad outdated. I mean, if a player can accurately describe the steps to recreate the problem, that should be evidence enough to have it at least looked into. The reason is, even with a video, there's no guarantee the devs can reproduce it on their end, due to it being a possible audio driver issue on the player's end.
  • KttyKtty
    If you think a audio driver is at fault. simply rolling back the driver to previous versions installed for it should let you test it out.
    Brimmer said:

Though in all honesty, this whole needing a video to forward a problem is, in my personal opinion, a tad outdated. I mean, if a player can accurately describe the steps to recreate the problem, that should be evidence enough to have it at least looked into. The reason is, even with a video, there's no guarantee the devs can reproduce it on their end, due to it being a possible audio driver issue on the player's end.
    There's a large thread about such things already. Short answer is, it's the rules and they stick to them. Long answer, Fill out any government form and I dare you to try turning it in with out being completely filled out. Even the parts that have absolutely nothing to do with the reason you need to submit it.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

If you think a audio driver is at fault. simply rolling back the driver to previous versions installed for it should let you test it out.
    Brimmer said:

Though in all honesty, this whole needing a video to forward a problem is, in my personal opinion, a tad outdated. I mean, if a player can accurately describe the steps to recreate the problem, that should be evidence enough to have it at least looked into. The reason is, even with a video, there's no guarantee the devs can reproduce it on their end, due to it being a possible audio driver issue on the player's end.
    There's a large thread about such things already. Short answer is, it's the rules and they stick to them. Long answer, Fill out any government form and I dare you to try turning it in with out being completely filled out. Even the parts that have absolutely nothing to do with the reason you need to submit it.
    Point well made.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    i get that same thing happening as well.
    > turn BGM on. it works fine.
    > run math music dungeon.
    > after harp room when you have to guess the BGM, whichever is the last one you guess will stay for the whole dungeon.
    > at jabchiel fight BGM disappears once all the bard skeletons are dead.
    > after exiting math music dungeon NO area BGMs play, only the NPC themes when you get in a conversation with them. running around a town is no music even with BGM turned on.

i play in windowed mode only and don't switch between windowed and full screen. this never happened before math music dungeon for me.

i don't think you NEED a video for it to be forwarded. unless it's some kind of new rule that you 100% have to have one. stuff has been fixed without videos/screenshot. a video just helps to show the issue. anyone should be able to reproduce by just following steps in this thread, unless it really is only affecting some people and not everyone.

i made a video anyways. soz for watermarks and random cutting in the middle etc didn't have any recording software so just downloaded free versions for now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1ouO0zAgWk
    IGN: Daktaro
    Server: Alexina
    [Deleted User]
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    @Hardmuscle
    thanks for tips but i already knew about the in-game one ^^; it only records 5mins though and free bandicam did 10mins lol
    plus the quality was worse when i used it in the past and for some reason it records all sound not just sound from the game
    so cuz of that wanted to use a software outside of mabi which i didn't have
    [Deleted User]
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited January 9, 2017
    I've had a similar issue here. Save it involves getting disconnected from said dungeon. The dungeon music from the second room with harps ends up playing regardless of wherever you go. Even the login screen would play the current music from the musical math dungeon.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    When you enter a Girgashi raid the audio fixes itself.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Froglord
    Froglord said:

When you enter a Girgashi raid the audio fixes itself.
    Are you sure that's not just the Girgashi 'corrupting' the glitch?
    NasumiRayne
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I went to Emain to do some commerce after beating musical math and it fixed the glitch. not sure if it will work since I only did that once but it is worth a try.