Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Something to remember about Tuning kits

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    "If there is a market for a 50k scroll (some get pricey as r1 composing/MK was a big deal and making music takes skill)"

Music hardly takes any skill to make anymore because people don't even "make music" anymore.
    I swear 99% just rip midis and then post them into game. So in other words you're justifying that its ok to take someone elses work and sell it for an outrageous price.
    Not to mention most music people are 'making" could have come from someone on one of the various mabi sites who actually made that song.
    No music should be sold for profit and if anyone even decides to buy music for that price is dumb.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    "Music hardly takes any skill to make anymore because people don't even "make music" anymore.
    I swear 99% just rip midis and then post them into game. So in other words you're justifying that its ok to take someone elses work and sell it for an outrageous price.
    Not to mention most music people are 'making" could have come from someone on one of the various mabi sites who actually made that song.
    No music should be sold for profit and if anyone even decides to buy music for that price is dumb."

Thanks to the new update with the bard bulletin I agree that making music is much easier although you still need to rank up your MK and composing to take full advantage. I know of quite a few folks who compose original music or spend a considerable amount of time on 3mle working on music for Mabi so not everyone is stealing work for resale. And if it truly is as simple and exploitable as you say, then why would anyone pay for a scroll? Besides being "dumb" as you say, some don't want to bother with the hassle of finding the song to compose or to rank up their music skills.

• CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    Tayloreski said:

I do call them cheap, Ive lowered things down more then what others do, Not just because the item isnt selling but simply because, thats to much. If im not willing to pay that much for the said item, why would someone else?. Like Music scrolls for example, The scroll itself is 30 gold, simple. People will make music on them and sell them for 10k. Ive seen them even go up to 50k when they are just a standard scroll :O and the black dye, its almost 3m now when it used to be 900k. In the end though it doesnt matter, this is my opinion and im just saying it because again, its just my opinion.

Reply:

What you consider too much for an item may greatly differ from what someone else considers too much. There are some people who feel comfortable when they have 3mil in their bank, and some who aren't comfortable unless they have 30mil in the bank. People view the market very differently compared to how easily they can make money. Just from the first mission point event I made over 100mil just selling the Knitwears. Between events, selling dyes, and running shadow missions it's extremely easy to make gold if you make any effort. And this is coming from someone who crashed every time I entered a shadow mission for the first 10 months of me returning to Mabi. If you're smart with events you can make a killing. I made 15mil just selling over 1000 cheap silk that I had hoarded from training weaving and keeping the "fails" from past events.

Also as someone from your server who watches the market constantly over the past year and a half, I've only seen music scores sold maybe half a dozen times. And most of the time, they were being sold by *you*. But that was months ago. Now with the new bard bulletin, it's completely obsolete and honestly feels skeevy to sell music. It may be hard to get r1 composing, but we have a huge discord group that has a bard request option where people would be happy to compose songs for people if asked.

I also have no idea where you're getting that black dyes go for 3m. They've been in shops for 1.4m for weeks, and I've personally had them in housing for 1.4m as well. They sell maybe every 3 days at that price. The last time they were reliably 900k was the 2015 Treasure Hunter Event from what I can remember. There's your opinion, and there's being factually incorrect.
    SylviaWolfeClovis15
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    edited December 30, 2016
    @Opalthira
    There making money on a game. there really isnt harm in that. Ive actually MADE a few on my own using the 3ml, i honestly dont care if people use them for ingame money. plus ;x people post those songs for others to use and enjoy.

@SylviaWolfe
    :x.. ive tried some of that.. but hunting for those things honestly gets boring quick. i really wish they revamped Exploration.. Special when you find something then it disappears the moment you find it.. and half the drops from them arent good at all.

@Carlize
    Ive seen one black dye at 2.7 before.. it was ridiculous. the last time i looked as well ive seen most of the at 2m :/
    Also yea i did sell scrolls, but the highest i ever went was 5k and thats because i literally had nothing left. scrolls are something simple i could make money with and half the time i didnt sell them as well xD... i would just give them away or drop them for people if they really didnt want to buy them
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    edited December 31, 2016
    Grinding to make money is supposed to be boring (well there's some people who do enjoy it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, good for them). If that's your thinking, then there's no wonder you can't make any money. You keep putting out excuses one after another.

From how many months or even years ago did you saw it? Black dyes are never above 2m recently. I am always monitoring the market since months ago and black dyes are mostly 1.5m-2m before the event that spits out the dyes, now they are more commonly found below 1.5m. Only people that are stubborn or doesn't care about the dye sitting in their shop for days, weeks, put it at 2m.

I have started small by grinding holy water for weeks and finally able to made a steady income from various sources. If you actually put in some effort, making money is not that hard at all.
    SylviaWolfeClovis15Carlize
  • ValenmirValenmir
    @ShouK
    .. xD i have put in the effort, i have 8k hours in mabi. Just at this point, its boring now. most of the time i had people to do it with and it was actually fun but since alot of my friends left, its just.. dull.
    Also i seen that dye at that price i think some time last year. It was only one shop but my god ;_; ... Though thinking on it, it may have been a shop from one of the hacked accounts back when alot was getting hacked and they were selling the stuff.
  • CarlizeCarlize
    @Tayloreski

I've sold black dyes for 2.5m in the past, but that was many months ago when no events or gacha had released the dyes for months on end and there was a severe drought of them. This was also before dye wells were rereleased. I highly doubt hacking had anything to do with the pricing as it would make more sense for people to try to sell low and fast before they get caught or something. And yeah, I can see selling scrolls back in the day but I just think now with it being so easy to transcribe scores using the Bard Bulletin it's become an obsolete market.

But yeah, as Shouk said it's extremely easy to make gold from numerous avenues. Holy water is a very decent market. Not everything is spamming Shadow Missions, and you definitely don't need friends to gather eggs. And again, events can be lucrative even if you don't do it for hours a day. For example, if you did the candy event every day and happened to pull a Kupa mini gem you could have gotten an easy 15mil from that, most events have items people are more than willing to throw money at. The way I do events is more reliable and time consuming, but not at all necessary to still make a profit. You could even just fish and either sell the Marlin and Admiral Owen Boxes or save up and sell RKA for 5m+. I don't know, I just really can't understand when people say they can't make gold. It's obvious they're not trying very hard if that's the case.
    SylviaWolfe
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 1, 2017
    even logging on during the weekend and using the free S coins and H coins you get can net you a winter F outfit that sells for like 5m

though that's all about luck ^^
  • ValenmirValenmir
    edited January 1, 2017
    @Carlize
    ..Lol you didnt see the hacked accounts im guessing :x they didnt sell any of the items cheap at all. everything was in the millions.

@Arjune "though that's all about luck ^^"
    >_> that's most of the game for anything..
  • CarlizeCarlize
    @Tayloreski

No, I can't say I noticed particularly hacked accounts from over a year ago. But the hacking isn't the point of what I was saying, from the time period you stated 2.7m may have been a relatively reasonable price at the time. And if something is up for 7m when it usually goes for 10m, that's still a good price even if some people still see it as expensive. But that's going on a tangent at this point.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    @Carlize
    I know the hacking wasnt the point, i was only stating that the shop i seen at THAT time may have been a hacked one, so that may have been why it was so much. That was all i said. .-. i already knew what you was going on about.. im not that new to this. and like i said already its mostly was just my opinion on how overprices things can be(again thats my opinion)