Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Mobile Looks Better Than The MMO

MirokujinMirokujin
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited August 24, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
On everything if mabinogi looked like what it did on the mobile trailer and less weaboo like, I'll throw any amount of money at nexon right now. Make players less op and no reforges as well. Go take a look at that trailer and tell me if you agree. A mabinogi 2 or something.
  1. Agree Or Nah28 votes
    1. Agree
       36% (10 votes)
    2. Nah that jawn trash
       64% (18 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    I don't have a problem with the way mabinogi looks. the graphic may look anime like and they may be old but it fits the game quite well. the bigger issues with mabi are the many bugs it has and lag is just getting worst. maybe it would be nice if some of the graphics were updated but it does not feel as important as getting some of the bigger issues fixed and even if they did update the graphics I would still prefer it if they keep the same anime style look it has now.
    GretaDanievictria[Deleted User]SherriTazeroLeineiAtaraxizTheLordofNyrinHiroki05Kitini
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    At least making it look SLIGHTLY bette would be good (Trees/grass/Not have most of the environment be 2-D textues), but lag and bug fixes come first IMO.
    [Deleted User]SherriTheLordofNyrin
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I'd want a port to a slightly modified peria engine if anything. The mobile version doesn't look better to me at all. Also, the anime look is part of what makes the game unique. Wouldn't want that taken away. As I said, I'd rather take a step towards peria than vindictus or the like.
    [Deleted User]Sherri
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with the way mabinogi looks. the graphic may look anime like and they may be old but it fits the game quite well. the bigger issues with mabi are the many bugs it has and lag is just getting worst. maybe it would be nice if some of the graphics were updated but it does not feel as important as getting some of the bigger issues fixed and even if they did update the graphics I would still prefer it if they keep the same anime style look it has now.

Anime styled mmo's are all there is anymore. The less weeby look of the mobile trailer looks way better than mabi's current state. The mobile game didn't look as flashy either. 10 people to kill 1 bear is how it should always be ;^) They should just scrap the current mabi and make a mabi 2
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I like the style of Mabinogi. In fact, it's one of the reasons of what got me to play the game. A few touch ups here and there would be nice, but I like the cutesy style of this game as it is.
    GretaTheLordofNyrin
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @YangKoete
    At least making it look SLIGHTLY bette would be good (Trees/grass/Not have most of the environment be 2-D textues), but lag and bug fixes come first IMO.
    Just for your information. ~ 3D models use 2D textures. ~ Correct terminology is very important in this case. :)

Example: An epic rebuild of Tir Chonaill, using 2D textures, in a modern 3D engine: ~ http://imgur.com/a/aUfq0

Ahhh, I see! owo Thanks. Either way, that's too realistic. ^_^'

I'd prefer keeping a similar style, just making it running smoother and if they can make the trees/grass not look like slabs in patterns would be great.
    Greta[Deleted User]Sherri
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    I've seen the trailer, and the mobile game looks pretty animesque too (though definitely a lot smoother).
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    I've seen the trailer, and the mobile game looks pretty animesque too (though definitely a lot smoother).

I mean like items and content wise, it should be less weeby. More weapon types and classes, less wings and reforges. Mobile honestly does have me excited though.
  • SizeplaySizeplay
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    @YangKoete
    Just for your information. ~ 3D models use 2D textures. ~ Correct terminology is very important in this case. :)

Example: An epic rebuild of Tir Chonaill, using 2D textures, in a modern 3D engine: ~ http://imgur.com/a/aUfq0

That actually looks amazing, and I would be up for it as long as the character designs aren't affected, reasoning is that they look so cute the way they are, improving them would pretty much make them as generic as the newly released games.
    [Deleted User]
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 27, 2017
    Also.. what does 'Naw that jawn trash' mean?
    [Deleted User]
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    I did all I could do. I can't save this game; the weebs out number me ;(

Yeet'th
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    the graphics could always be updated. my issue is, i dont really buy reforges, but they were paid for.... so the amount of people who hate to have a paid item deleted from the game... no different then just deleted all of the pets you bought...plus reforges r expensive... anyone who can get those are paying for it. only issue is most updated content lean to people at the strength level of reforges.... - other wise someone being stronger then you, shouldn't bother you as a individual, unless its effecting you.

all the graphics are is a weird cell shade i doubt nexon couldn't be able to layer over a better cell shade.
    the game will always be weeboo, its legit an anime game.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Mirokujin wrote: »
    I did all I could do. I can't save this game; the weebs out number me ;(

Yeet'th

Then who the hell are you? Why are you even here then if you dislike "weeb" games so much?
    Sherri
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    edited September 1, 2017
    Cause this game could be good if it dropped the weeb content. I want to be hype over new world bosses, not disappointed to log on and see nothing but useless fashion items. It's just trash content. But just enough of you weebs eat it up to the point where nexon doesn't have a point to have good content. Just make this game open source already smh
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    edited September 2, 2017
    Go troll somewhere else. Weeb? Read a definition.

The only problem with this game's graphics are that they barely changed from its inception. If you're telling us after 13 years of mabinogi KR that you don't like the style of the game in its entirety...maybe move to another game. If the majority of the community wishes for the anime graphics to remain because it's one of its charm points, then you can see why they kept them all this time.

Don't get me wrong, I like every bit of life this game gets to see - so I hope you'll keep playing, but your opinion baffles me, especially when the reasoning needs to be insulting.
    GretaSherrieikoden
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    @YangKoete

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS, IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

@Hardmuscle
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 2, 2017
    Cause this game could be good if it dropped the weeb content. I want to be hype over new world bosses, not disappointed to log on and see nothing but useless fashion items. It's just trash content. But just enough of you weebs eat it up to the point where nexon doesn't have a point to have good content. Just make this game open source already smh

We got some nice content lately... Like Grandmaster Revamp, Chainslash Talent and G21 (gonna arrive in NA soon as well), Dan Test kinda questions me, but i guess it's still useful, Giant Revamp, etc. How you dare to say that we got no content rofl.

• MirokujinMirokujin
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Go troll somewhere else. Weeb? Read a definition.

The only problem with this game's graphics are that they barely changed from its inception. If you're telling us after 13 years of mabinogi KR that you don't like the style of the game in its entirety...maybe move to another game. If the majority of the community wishes for the anime graphics to remain because it's one of its charm points, then you can see why they kept them all this time.

Don't get me wrong, I like every bit of life this game gets to see - so I hope you'll keep playing, but your opinion baffles me, especially when the reasoning needs to be insulting.

The community is small for a reason, the game is trash right now. I don't have much of a problem with mabi's graphics, its the lack of combat content. Only like 12 people play smh
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910

The community is small for a reason, the game is trash right now. I don't have much of a problem with mabi's graphics, its the lack of combat content. Only like 12 people play smh

Kek this amuses me. If you think only 12 people play you should really see my guild or some other guilds on Mari that are completely full.

Mabi is great on content. The people complaining either have no idea what they speak of or are older players anxious to dip their fingers into a new type of spice. The newer players have a lot to catch up on, why don't you help them instead of complaining about how there isn't anything to do? There are so many people looking for the help of the older players.
    Sherri
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    Ataraxiz wrote: »

Kek this amuses me. If you think only 12 people play you should really see my guild or some other guilds on Mari that are completely full.

Mabi is great on content. The people complaining either have no idea what they speak of or are older players anxious to dip their fingers into a new type of spice. The newer players have a lot to catch up on, why don't you help them instead of complaining about how there isn't anything to do? There are so many people looking for the help of the older players.

Half the channels are empty and helping new players shouldn't be the only thing left to do. I need something rewarding and re-playable. A ranked arena system would be nice. Or, a commerce revamp where commercing is actually rewarding (they could also add pvp to that like in Archeage). I just need something spicy to do. All of mabi's content is one and done stuff. The EvG should be revamped as well.