Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Da Capo on board bug

BlortadBlortad
Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
edited March 13, 2018 in Bugs and Glitches
during the quest da capo on board, the objects will occasionally do nothing when you attempt to click on them, requiring u to restart the mission, this is extremely frustrating

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    What objects? Do you have a video of the happening? You will need your IGN and server to complete this report.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited December 29, 2016
    Yeah, I've had this happen to me quite a few times.
    It's really annoying when it's important objects, such as the door to the inner boat area, or even the slide puzzle, harp, or the door at the end of the barrel hallway.

Mostly, I've had it happen to me on busy channels, like the market channel.
  • KttyKtty
    Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

Yeah, I've had this happen to me quite a few times.
    It's really annoying when it's important objects, such as the door to the inner boat area, or even the slide puzzle, harp, or the door at the end of the barrel hallway.

Mostly, I've had it happen to me on busy channels, like the market channel.
    If that's what the OP is referring to I can safely bet that your both playing in windowed mode. Playing them in full screen will prevent it from happening. In fact if it happens during those quests, simply going to full screen can many times correct it at that point.
    Iyasenu
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    @Ktty
    That's right!
    I read that in another thread about this issue, and totally forgot.
    Thanks for reminding me of that fix!
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

If that's what the OP is referring to I can safely bet that your both playing in windowed mode. Playing them in full screen will prevent it from happening. In fact if it happens during those quests, simply going to full screen can many times correct it at that point.
    ---------

Well! That's what's causing it??? It's happened to me many, many times lol.
  • KttyKtty
    It appears to be related to the same bug that that effects several other shadow missions like in g19 and 20. As I always play in windowed mode the first thing I do when encountering a problem in a mission is switch to full screen. I myself had the door bug happen to me one time so far already, so when you had mentioned it @Iyasenu I immediately knew you were experiencing the same thing. Hopefully that's all that's the problem for the OP too. Glad you can do the event now without any problems.
  • BlortadBlortad
    I do, indeed, play in windowed mode, and I have not tried that yet, I will give it a shot next time it happens. This still, however, needs to be fixed because not everyone plays in fullscreen or will think to switch modes when something like this happens. If they didn't want to fix problems caused by windowed mode, they should have refrained from allowing it in the first place. I'm going to guess this has been a problem for a very long time since it apparently happens in mainstream sm's as well. Thankfully that has yet to happen to me in any of those, which should be obvious since I am only now mentioning it, but with how long its been an issue if you guys are right, there is no way they aren't aware of it by now. Just because there are ways around a bug does not mean it should be left unfixed for this long. It should not be the responsibility of the players to avoid accidentally tripping any strange bugs, it is the responsibility of the developers to fix said bugs within a reasonable amount of time after they are reported. There is no excuse for leaving something like this unaddressed for what is now years. I understand that intermittent problems like this one can be difficult to pinpoint the cause of, but several years is more then enough time to do that if any effort was being put into it in the slightest, especially since we already have a place to start looking for the cause with the fact that entering fullscreen temporarily works as a bandaid solution to the problem. Problems like this DO matter, and they DO need to be fixed. Anyone expecting any sort of quality in the game their playing would simply stop playing the game if they had to repeatedly restart a mission because of a bug they found out has been well known and ignored for literally years. I will say, they have been getting MUCH better at maintaining the game in a stable, playable state lately, so their taking steps in the right direction, but they need to start addressing some of the long standing bugs this game has, such as, apparently, this one. Its like they only fix things that are either a benefit to the player or are catastrophically bad, things like character lockouts and duplication bugs. Things like this broken windowed mode objects thing and, say, the irritating "you are too far away to make this transaction" when you try to use a bank while mounted occasionally, or the annoying thing where the targeting system will flicker back and forth between the npc you're trying to click on and an enemy way off in the distance, seem to not be important enough to them to merit any attention, let alone a solution. I suppose it could be that nobody reports things unless they feel another player is exploiting it or unless its catastrophically bad, but with how long these problems have existed, I'm not buying that not a single person in several years has reported these things.

I don't mean to sound like I'm ranting, but it kills a part of my soul every time I enter combat mode and walk away from the npc I'm trying to talk to or have to close and reopen the bank window after that stupid message pops up and I remember just how long these problems have existed, completely unaddressed. I love Mabi, its one of my favorite games by a huge margin, and it saddens me greatly that its so neglected at times.

Anyways, thank you guys for the bandaid fix, that will make future movements happen much more smoothly. Nothing will piss you off like restarting 5 times to get something other then the puzzle game, then having to restart again when you finally get something else cause the mission breaks.
  • KttyKtty
    It's not that they aren't trying to fix them that they haven't been fixed yet. It's them trying to figure out why they happen in order to fix them. If you've ever written any code before you'd understand that finding the cause of something isn't always straight forward. Sometimes a completely unrelated piece of code is responsible for no apparent reason. What I'm saying is that as they figure out the cause of bugs they do fix them. The new developers have even managed to fix bugs that have plagued the game for years now. Given time I'm sure they'll figure out this one to and fix it.
  • ShoogShoog
    Ok, so today I decided to play the client in full screen mode since I've always played in windowed. Unfortunately the issue still persists for me when in full screen. I tried switching between modes when the issue occurred but that didn't help at all.
  • KttyKtty
    @Shoog OMG... you brokeded Mabi!!!

...But seriously though, it makes me wonder then. Is the toaster your playing Mabi on older than my toaster? Huh. I am then at a loss as to a possible solution for you.
  • ShoogShoog
    @Ktty It hates meeee!! I noticed that if I exit the mission (cause I hate that DDRish stuff) and re-enter in an attempt to get the puzzle, it can really cause issues. Either the door will not open when clicked on or, if you do get past that point and get the puzzle, sometimes you can't click on the puzzle and have to start all over again and again and AGAIN. >.<

My pc just turned 3 in November. I'm sure it needs some upgrading though.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Same here, just tried it just now and it didnt do a thing to solve the problem. On the same token, I HAVE written code, and I do know EXACTLY how hard it is to debug large amounts of code, and thats no excuse. Many much smaller developers successfully fix bugs much more frequently and effectively then Nexon. The age of your computer is also barely relevant as far as a bug of this nature occuring, mine is quite new, built to run modern games, and the problem happens for me as well if you need some evidence.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Ya, this is insanely irritating, it just happened 3 consecutive times, there is no excuse for this bug still being in the game. Something like this should take no more then a couple months to fix, tops. The fact that this has been an issue for, literally, years means that they have yet to even attempt to fix it, and have no intention of ever fixing it or any of the other many year old bugs. I seriously wish they would give this game to a company with half a brain so we would actually start getting some real fixes for things like this.