Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bigger Bank and Main Inventory Space

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited September 6, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Maybe back in the day that space was enough, how many TOTAL items did Mabinogi had in its data base back then? 500? 1000?

Now after so many years im sure it has over 9000 items and the Bank just like the Main Inventory might not be enough now in 2017 and also, not being able to place event items in our pets inventory makes this problem even worst.

IGN: Miauchita
Server: Alexina
Ataraxiz[Deleted User]Ninzerker

Comments

• AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I'm never against more space, but asking for non-tradeable items to be tradeable, because they inconvenience you, is a little over the top. You need to understand, a lot of these items can be used by pets; login as pet > use item. They are made untradeable to prevent this. Regardless of items total in the database, all inventory is shared account-wide via the bank.

~ New character = Instant Bank Inventory Expansion and 5m increase to gold max on that account.

It should also be noted; we didn't have a long line of bags to expand our inventory "back in the day", (we had 1).

I didn't know pets could use some items. That's interesting. O.o I only knew about feeding them lol

Can you tell I never login as a pet lol

As for bigger inv space: Some people are broke and can't gain access to new characters or bags (unless given as a gift), so a tad bit more space on our free characters should help.

[Deleted User]Sheena
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    edited September 6, 2017
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    I'm never against more space, but asking for non-tradeable items to be tradeable, because they inconvenience you, is a little over the top. You need to understand, a lot of these items can be used by pets; login as pet > use item. They are made untradeable to prevent this. Regardless of items total in the database, all inventory is shared account-wide via the bank.

~ New character = Instant Bank Inventory Expansion and 5m increase to gold max on that account.

It should also be noted; we didn't have a long line of bags to expand our inventory "back in the day", (we had 1).

I didn't know pets could use some items. That's interesting. O.o I only knew about feeding them lol

As for bigger inv space: Some people are broke and can't gain access to new characters or bags (unless given as a gift), so a tad bit more space on our free characters should help.

"back in the day"; our bank inventory used to be split in half (the cause of many a rage quit). When we created a new account; we could use all of it; until we reached a total level of 30 on any character (free premium service); at which time, half the bank space for all characters would go 'red' and could not be used (items were stuck there until or unless we bought service). So we can't say (if we plan to) they haven't done anything to increase our space since then (no service required). Sure, there's nothing readily available for free (as a gift), but we can buy certain Item bags from the NPC, and once in a while we can obtain them from events (e.g. Lorna's Adventure Bag, or Moonlight Hammer Ferghus Doll Bag).

We can also buy a number of different bags from other players, but this would require the effort of game-play to earn gold. :)

When I first started Mabi, Mabiland started (8th Ann) and the last day I received the Lorna bag. That was pretty great for a newbie. I was very pleased.

I didn't know about the half inv space not being available back then. That's interesting information.

I just started playing last year so some stuff I don't know about.
    [Deleted User]
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz

"back in the day"; our bank inventory used to be split in half (the cause of many a rage quit). When we created a new account; we could use all of it; until we reached a total level of 30 on any character (free premium service); at which time, half the bank space for all characters would go 'red' and could not be used (items were stuck there until or unless we bought service). So we can't say (if we plan to) they haven't done anything to increase our space since then (no service required). Sure, there's nothing readily available for free (as a gift), but we can buy certain Item bags from the NPC, and once in a while we can obtain them from events (e.g. Lorna's Adventure Bag, or Moonlight Hammer Ferghus Doll Bag).

We can also buy a number of different bags from other players, but this would require the effort of game-play to earn gold. :)

When I first started Mabi, Mabiland started (8th Ann) and the last day I received the Lorna bag. That was pretty great for a newbie. I was very pleased.

I didn't know about the half inv space not being available back then. That's interesting information.

I just started playing last year so some stuff I don't know about.
    I got really lucky on that event (it made a lot of people mad; in the forum; in the game; everywhere lol). I bought 5 Mabi Coin Boxes (cost me 3 Mabi Coins each; total of 15) and I got 2 Lorna Adventure Bag Vouchers. ~ At the time; most people were saving the 85 coins needed to buy the bag directly from the NPC. If only you had been here all of those years ago (back in the day); you would be able to better appreciate the vastly increased space we have now, compared to back then. :)

Oh boy, I do already. I found a screenshot recently of my old bags. I'm very pleased with the increase in space lol I'd probably be a bit more thankful if I'd been there back then too. I actually have an empty character bank now. I think I mostly agree with OP because more space is always a nice thing, lol.

I would like the money cap in the bank to be removed, but that's a discussion for another thread xD
    [Deleted User]
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    I'm only for it because I'm never against more space, lol. If I were to say Nexon has been greedy with space, or has not given enough space, or has not paid enough attention to the total items in the game for space needed.... I would either be a newer player, or a total liar... lol .. :)

Random Image from the web (I may or may not know this person).
    mabinogi_2009_04_08_001.jpg

.o. Wow, that's interesting. Hm, wonder how many changes will happen in future years - regarding space and not.

Thanks for the insight. I didn't know that had been a thing. Hopefully it'll keep improving as so (as in removing certain restrictions like this).
    [Deleted User]
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah, essentially, we got the other half for free now because they gave everyone Inventory Plus.
    [Deleted User]
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited September 8, 2017
    I'm only for it because I'm never against more space, lol. If I were to say Nexon has been greedy with space, or has not given enough space, or has not paid enough attention to the total items in the game for space needed, now. I would either be a newer player or a total liar... lol .. :)

Random Image from the web (I may or may not know this person). [08-04-2009].
    mabinogi_2009_04_08_001.jpg

Yup... This is why I rage quited Mabinogi more than once... I REMEMBER THE DARK AGES OF MABI!!!

Half bank space unless you are VIP, walking... no free pets... HOURS of walking, moon gates active only at night, gold was a rare thing to the point i couldn't even afford ANY weapon or armor... I had to beg on the streets :,( , BIG etc...
    FreebirdSizeplay
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    "Hey, let us give everyone free inventory plus till level 30! More bank space will make people happy!"

"But if they rank up to 30, which is done quickly, wouldn't the bank space become inaccessible, locking any gear in?"

"Why yes!"

"Wouldn't that anger players, especially news once unaware of the nuance functions of Mabinogi, especially when we never advertise that they can get actually get premium options on free cards, and that inventory plus is enabled in the first place?"

"Why yes!" >:)

"...."

"...."

"BRILLIANT I SAY!"

How #$@!ing incompetent were these #$@!ing @#$@holes?

I really am upset over this memory. You have to be a complete moron, or completely malicious for these types of changes, and you know what? #$@! those developers that did not care. @#$! strangle them with their own @#$! stuff.

YOU JUST DON'T DO STUFF LIKE THIS!