Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

event that we might have during flight expansion

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
in General Chat
as we have seen in the mabinogi news page http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J6p/community-live-stream-flight-expansion
we will be having a community live stream to preview the upcoming flight expansion in mabinogi

if flight expansion will be implemented what event would best come along with it
in order for players old and new enjoy this new addition in the game
in my theory it would be an event that gives away either flight, couples flight, sweethearts flight or new flight action
since we will be receiving a new pet from the attendance event i doubt we would receive another one that has flight for this new expansion
not to mention we are already at the month of September in other words there is a possibility of a doki doki event happening
[Deleted User]
  1. doiki doki event happening41 votes
    1. (heavy breathing, heart pounding dokidokidkidokidokidokidokidoki) oh yeahh!!!!!!
       37% (15 votes)
    2. why doki doki again
       10% (4 votes)
    3. who cares as long as i could sell off the new flight for a good price im good
       5% (2 votes)
    4. as long as it makes us actually do something im in
       17% (7 votes)
    5. nope
       32% (13 votes)

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    But Bingo Roulette is already the confirmed event.

What is there to speculate?

(Doki Doki would still be really nice though.)
    [Deleted User]
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    We are getting a new pet too, the balloon pony, though I'm pretty sure it can't fly (I think it'll be mountable at least but I'm not even sure about that.) And as was said above, we're getting revamped Bingo Roulette. I just hope the new prizes will be nice; I looked at the old rewards list on the Wiki and meh, wasn't too impressed with what I saw.

I don't see why September would mean a possibility of Doki Doki happening though? I don't think KR got it again when they got the update so I don't think we will either. I don't think we're gonna get it again in any time soon unless KR does, so they'll have updated prizes for it.
    [Deleted User]courtneyy
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    I'm not a doki doki fan. I ache for the event to end every time it begins.

Although it has a little more daily staying power than the roulette bingo event does (that's my own fault, I spam hydra in cooking dungeon until I clear the board, then I've got nothing to do for the rest of the day.)

As for flying itself, I mostly like the idea of being able to fly in sen mag and gairech, or that's what I would say, if moon gates weren't 6 feet away at any given time.
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Despite use of the word expansion (unless there's some unknown growth from this idk about), it's the removal of a restriction. That's not exactly 'expanding' anything aside from the sky lol.. ~ Looking down on Tir Chonaill, Dunbarton, and Bangor from the sky would be cool though.

Tir and Dunbarton at least.

I heard that Bangor didn't get this treatment.
    Or, won't be getting it.

I suppose that makes sense.

If you did a running takeoff, you'd probably be able to go from the Commerce Tent to the entrance to Morva Aisle before you were able to fully take off.

On a related note, I kind of hope that they did at least a little bit of touching up on the maps themselves.
    If they didn't, it's gonna be even easier to see all those white splotches of untextured land outside of the normal walking boundaries.
    [Deleted User]
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    On a related note, I kind of hope that they did at least a little bit of touching up on the maps themselves.
    If they didn't, it's gonna be even easier to see all those white splotches of untextured land outside of the normal walking boundaries.

Oh man, I forgot about the giant white chocolate bar masses in the outskirts of the emain macha map. Those are crazy.
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    That would be cool. I still have a lot of cat's eyes saved from farming. Hue.
    Ataraxiz
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nah, not into this.
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    oh god please no more doki doki ;-;
    Greta
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    edited September 6, 2017
    KR actually got the flight expansion during the giant revamp (or around there) and ever since we didn't get it, I've seen a bit of rave about the topic. It'll be nice to be able to fly in new areas. Great way to afk or if you're in a hurry to go somewhere.

Not everyone has flight so I think Doki Doki or some kind of event to help newer players get flight would be great. When Doki was last here, I had just started the game. Two weeks later it ended. So honestly, I'm looking forward to getting to experience the full event one day, but that can still wait for a while.

I still managed to snag Sweetheart's Flight because before we were married, I bought my husband his Merlin's and then he bought me flight in exchange (I wanted to do something nice for him, and at the time, Merlin's were 9 million on Mari). However, I'd like to have the original as well, and I'm sure newer players want flight, too.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'd like a new Doki Doki Island event, I'd love some more pets. I love and adore the three I've gotten last year; two Siamese and a Boston Terrier ♥
    But this late into the year? I don't know. It would be better if it came out next year for Valentine's Day, which is like only 5 months away(?)
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Wish doki doki would make a return.. I'd love to get sweetheart's flight on my Ruairi character :/

Or some kind of event where I can get a flight action..
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I wouldn't mind Doki Doki returning, but included the prizes from the previous runs for those who want them but couldn't get them. Lunar Dragon Armor is a nice armor and the wedding outfits were really popular, iirc.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited September 8, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I guess what galls me so much about "Doki Doki" is what it was the result of .. to begin with. It's a shoddy rebuild of Nekojima (and the answer to many years of crying for Japan's exclusive content to be added in North America). Nekojima: aka: Cat Island is not just a place in Mabinogi, but also a place in real life; Tashirojima ~ 猫神社. The events could be done anywhere in the game, there's nothing exclusive about the 'flight' mechanics limiting them to that map. Let alone reason enough for anyone in the USA to be so attached to it; aside from curiosity and a never ending love for cats (but it's not about cats here, at all). -- Yeah, I know -- "it's not to be confused with Doki Doki", despite being what it is. :|

On the topic of Nekojima, JP Mabinogi has had the Doki Doki Island event now and again as well.

But they don't just repurpose Nekojima (which they have all the time) when they run that event, but they open up Doki Doki Island whenever that event comes around.

Which basically means they get to have two islands of similar shape!
    So funnily enough, JP Mabi gets to have twice as many Silvervine fields to share across all the server's Silvervine grubbers when that event comes around!

On another note, they don't call it Doki Doki Island over there, either, despite Doki Doki being a Japanese... onomatopoeia(?) for heartbeats or something.
    They call it "Love Blossoming Island" apparently!

... I'm not really going anywhere with this, I just thought it was neat!
    [Deleted User]