Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

new flight areas! time for a glitch hunt

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
in General Chat
there are many glitch that are a result of landing in places we are not supposed to land on to
so its expected that new glitches will appear along new flight areas

why hunt for flight areas glitch:
1. because its fun exploring new stuff and finding new possibilities and sharing it with others
2. by posting it in forums ur helping the development team find glitches and fix it if possible
3. its a good spot for trolling, screenshots, chillin out / afk, etc.

I found a glitch and i was wondering what would happen if i fall off the edge of the terrain/area map
if its like those offline games usually falling off the edge will keep u falling forever or maybe till u die and respawn
but since mabinogi is online i dont really know what happens
  1. will u go glitch hunting22 votes
    1. yeah
       23% (5 votes)
    2. nope
       14% (3 votes)
    3. maybe
       23% (5 votes)
    4. im busy
       18% (4 votes)
    5. mehhh
       23% (5 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 8, 2017
    I mean, glitches are funny and all, but it's just a waste of time.
    If i remember correctly people used to get banned for glitching on purpose.
    During Dragon Boat Racing Event i somehow crashed during rafting and when i logged back in i found myself standing on the Suytu river. I was able to run around there with mounts too lol. People in boat noticed that and started to freak out. One guy said that some guy got banned for glitching in rivers like that years ago. Honestly, that was a funny glitch xD
    If i were you i wouldn't "hunt" for glitches since it can only bring some trouble. Some glitches can even break the game. There are bad, abusive glitches too...
    [Deleted User]
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    wahhhh then should i post how to do the glitch on tir so they could fix it or not so others cant do it

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    River glitch actually disrupts legit gameplay for other people though - fewer stars because of glitchers hogging the mobs.

Going out of bounds in Tir disrupts nothing other than spooking out newbies.
    Buffalos
  • GretaGreta
    Eralea wrote: »
    River glitch actually disrupts legit gameplay for other people though - fewer stars because of glitchers hogging the mobs.

Going out of bounds in Tir disrupts nothing other than spooking out newbies.

Poor newbies. I guess this is a new reason for newbies to quit the game after few days? :D
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    edited September 8, 2017
    here it is
    [img][/img]IkVaQeY.png
    IyasenupawcalypseCrimsọn
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Cant fall off edge anyway. A friend and I went to a few places too. A newer one is the small area next to Lorna in dunby. The other places were well-known xD oh oh and the bank area is landable now too.
  • GretaGreta
    edited September 8, 2017
    I somehow feel like that was intended. If i remember correctly, in g20 your character finds Someone's Necklace in that same exact spot...?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    wahhhh then should i post how to do the glitch on tir so they could fix it or not so others cant do it

You're assuming Korea will fix something like this before any of the gamebreaking stuff already reported is taken care of. Out of bounds wouldn't be too terribly high on a priorities list if it's in a map where there's no gain from it aside having some laughs.
    Leilicia wrote: »
    Cant fall off edge anyway. A friend and I went to a few places too. A newer one is the small area next to Lorna in dunby. The other places were well-known xD oh oh and the bank area is landable now too.

I'VE ALWAYS WANTED UP THERE THANK YOU FOR THIS KNOWLEDGE.
    Greta wrote: »
    I somehow feel like that was intended. If i remember correctly, in g20 your character finds Someone's Necklace in that same exact spot...?

That is about where the necklace interaction point is, but I don't think the intent was for the player to walk on the river water to get it.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    These are all possible without even flying.
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 9, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    I mean, glitches are funny and all, but it's just a waste of time.
    If i remember correctly people used to get banned for glitching on purpose.
    During Dragon Boat Racing Event i somehow crashed during rafting and when i logged back in i found myself standing on the Suytu river. I was able to run around there with mounts too lol. People in boat noticed that and started to freak out. One guy said that some guy got banned for glitching in rivers like that years ago. Honestly, that was a funny glitch xD
    If i were you i wouldn't "hunt" for glitches since it can only bring some trouble. Some glitches can even break the game. There are bad, abusive glitches too...

Greta it's fine, we're not going to get banned for uncovering -harmless- glitches anymore. The only glitches you can be banned for is exploits which could be abused or can become disruptive. Since there is nothing like that in those areas there is really nothing to abuse. Plus Kat appreciates when we find and report bugs and glitches to her, no matter how mundane they are.

Basically it's ok, we can have fun as long as we report it.