Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I am so tired of these AFK events

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
edited September 10, 2017 in General Chat
Seriously.

I rather be hunting monsters for coins than setting around waiting for a coin to be given to me. :rage
[Deleted User]AellMoonsieAtaraxizDrognak

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I too preferred the old method of hunting monsters for coins.

Was way easier to hit the "One Board Per Day" cap.

A nice tendering potion and a kitchen dungeon recipe and away I goooo!
    [Deleted User]
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Agreed, that's why I'm not bothering with this event. I mean, if they were afraid of people filling out the boards super fast and getting a ton of bags or something, they should have made them where you can only get one per character or account or something.

I know during the stream, the team said they're gonna try asking for non-afk events for us next month, so hopefully KR will listen :/
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I prefer these in a way. I feel less inclined to hunt, and just play vanilla Mabinogi.
    GretaPeloi
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited September 10, 2017
    Why not both?

No, really... Why not, Nexon? Used to be able to afk or hunt for coins.
    badnewsbarrettpawcalypse[Deleted User]AtaraxizPeloikapapa
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Events like the Meobinogi Catchapon Game really influenced how Nexon should approach things now. There are always a few players who are capable of going beyond what is normal and can massively rake in more rewards than the average player. I guess Nexon just don't like hardworking people.
    pawcalypse
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Pan wrote: »
    Events like the Meobinogi Catchapon Game really influenced how Nexon should approach things now. There are always a few players who are capable of going beyond what is normal and can massively rake in more rewards than the average player. I guess Nexon just don't like hardworking people.

Someone using a Raccoon cub robe and accessory to hunt foxes for coins is nowhere as bad as running 10 instances of Mabi at the same time to collect AFK rewards which was happening during the last AFK every where you had to click a button every hour.
    badnewsbarrettIyasenu[Deleted User]CrimsọnPeloi
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Probably because the player count is too low for them and that would look bad in their annual report

Probably but the 100 Whales they harpoon every got-ya-pon pay the bills so it shouldn't matter to the bean counters how many people are logged in.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    No the we just had a non afk event. The mission event was too hard and annoying. had to spend hours each day doing the stupid missions
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    lceCream wrote: »
    No the we just had a non afk event. The mission event was too hard and annoying. had to spend hours each day doing the stupid missions

This ^
    Most AFK events tend to last 1-2 weeks, while the mission point event lasted for a whole month. Also it's September right now, most people have just started school. I welcome the AFK events because I still run and do stuff while you are waiting for the next coin. I mean who is to say you just need to sit around doing nothing. Go run a dungeon with friends or a shadow mission, or train a skill. or something. No one is literally telling you that you need to sit around and do nothing.

Also the player base is not small for non-AFK events, and their bills are not paid by the hundreds of players that do gacha. Please don't spead FUD, It's also against the rules of the forums.
    [Deleted User]Greta
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    spamming kitchen dungeon is insane x.x
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    MikuV3 wrote: »
    spamming kitchen dungeon is insane x.x

Well when you do it just to hunt for coins, you don't have to try to get a good score!
    Those food items can't stand up to certain attacks.
    Hydra Transmutation, Dance of Death... Bash, with that special cooking knife you find in there. :p
    Or certain AoE pet summons, like the pegasus you earn from Saga.

Doing normal SMs is alright for most players anyways.
    Unless their CP is so high that even Hard-difficulty SMs mostly have Weak/Normal strength enemies.
    That's the case for me, argh!
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I honestly don't mind AFK events. They let me make small progress to rewards while I compile results for lab stuff.
    What I do mind is turning a mixed event like Bingo Roulette into 100% AFK without adjusting for bad luck. Completing these bingo boards is going to be an absolute pain in the rear without a supplemental source of coins.
    badnewsbarrettKokoro[Deleted User]GretaPeloi
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Completing these bingo boards is going to be an absolute pain in the rear without a supplemental source of coins.

this is true, and while the 5 coins are nice to get daily, it's nowhere near the huge amount I needed sometimes in previous versions of this event when we could kill monsters for coins. Sometimes the luck is so bad you just can't complete the board even with over 100 coins... also if you don't relog / log in at just the right time you do not get the 5 daily coins either

[Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Honestly, the AFK part is hardly that bad. No one forces you to stand there and wait for the next coin. Why do not you people play the actual game, or perhaps do anything else? I do think it would be nice to fill up boards faster for those working for it, but I do not see it as a necessity. The RNG favors people in the long run, but I wouldn't mind a safety net for a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance that one is screwed over.

The freedom from "obligation" does appeal to me greatly. I can grind for Grandmaster Seals, do a Dan test, etc.
    PolicromaPeloi
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    The thing with doing something else in game while you wait for coins is that some people only play for events; they don't want to grind skills or rerun the same handful of dungeons/shadow missions, myself included, because there's nothing fun about that. If they made this event where you could either kill monsters OR afk, more people would obviously play because then you're catering to both sides. There's literally no good reason for them to take a non-afk event and suddenly make it an afk-only one.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    I hate how the timer resets when you change channels, or otherwise relog.

This can be so frustrating when you only have a few minutes left til you get a coin and D/C.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I hate how the timer resets when you change channels, or otherwise relog.

This can be so frustrating when you only have a few minutes left til you get a coin and D/C.

You don't know how many times I just crash when the timer is under 5 mins (hint: at least twice a day). I still don't get the logic into the resetting time when changing channels, relogging or crashing.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    They really need serious adjusting with mabi. Especially drop rate, crafting, and group content. [/quote]

I agree with the drop rate issue. Unless you're lucky, it takes several runs of a hm+ sm to even get a single broken seal chain. I have incredible bad luck ;( but ofc, if those dropped easier then the market would drop in price too and I think people would get upset with that.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited September 11, 2017
    So was I right about these events turning into a nasty mosquito-ridden brownwater pool of fake players standing around that you'll inevitably never see again once this event is over? (also, is this event still going on?)

Because that's usually how AFK lottery events in this game turn out
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited September 11, 2017
    You can't change the past, the event being already-established.

Giving a " " That's what happens, fools. " " in response to it though? totally sound :P

This is one sandcastle I'd happily stomp on