Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Any fix for Elf Ranged Lag yet?

bunny11bunny11
Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
in General Chat
Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• bunny11bunny11
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    to clarify, my firing often locks up at 99%.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I've been getting that a crapload lately too. Especially earlier. 20 straight seconds of lock even while not loading a skill (char just standing there like an idiot). "Succeeded" at my dan 3 test with 11,5k points thanks to that, since it didn't even let me exit. It was very damn wonderful how it stopped lagging exactly at 1s left. Too bad that didn't damn help.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Wait, you mean where your char just freezes up and refuses to do anything like a newborn mental defect?

That's STILL a thing?
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    TNinja wrote: »
    Wait, you mean where your char just freezes up and refuses to do anything like a newborn mental defect?

That's STILL a thing?

Evidently x_x I didn't use to get it on my old computer that could barely handle mabi. Now on this good machine I suddenly do. I have a feeling that's connected.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    That's linked to the Elves' ability to move while aiming regular ranged attack, right?

I seem to mostly get that when I make use of that ability.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Yup there is an easy fix
    Move really close to Nexon NA's data center where they keep the mabi servers, and get the same ISP should have no more archery lag.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    lidiya wrote: »
    Yup there is an easy fix
    Move really close to Nexon NA's data center where they keep the mabi servers, and get the same ISP should have no more archery lag.

Rel ezi tank 4 tip m8
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Yup there is an easy fix

6457f93053.png
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Yup there is an easy fix

6457f93053.png

Well the bright side is it would probably be cheaper then getting what you want out of one of the gachas ;)
    Leilicia
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    "Elf Ranged Lag" is a mythical scapegoat popular among many who are unable to admit their computer is in need of service (preferably by someone who knows what they are doing). ~ What steps (aside from looking for more scapegoats) have you taken to combat this lag? :)

~ http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Lag

Playing a human... :(

And avoiding using Ranged Attack when playing an elf.
    Magnum Shot, Crash Shot, Support Shot, and Urgent Shot don't seem to give me this issue.

But it's also not like Ranged Attack ALWAYS locks up, either.
    It's strange and I don't understand it. :s
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Quite sad how Mabinogi has a wikipage on lag in the first place, yet so humorously appropriate.

DOM26YZ.jpg
    Iyasenu[Deleted User]PannyaKingEphy
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    happens often when you aim while walking then suddenly make a stop and fire

to make things worse, there is RNG and lag involved in accuracy
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    "Elf Ranged Lag" is a mythical scapegoat popular among many who are unable to admit their computer is in need of service (preferably by someone who knows what they are doing). ~ What steps (aside from looking for more scapegoats) have you taken to combat this lag? :)

~ http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Lag

But this happens only to elves, though.
    Imaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh please. Should i start talking about Human Lance Lag???
    [Deleted User]
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Greta wrote: »

Ok that's a new one.

Human, explain.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 12, 2017
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

Ok that's a new one.

Human, explain.

-Teleporting away during Lance Charge skill.
    -Enemy suddenly gets too far/close during Lance Charge animation and your skill just turns off, which wastes your time and cooldown.
    -Lance Counter doesn't load up in time before enemy attacks.

Hm... What else i could think off...

Honestly i bet this Elf lag which people keep talking about is just a silly latency and Nexon's potato servers doing. Just like any other lag we get during combat.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    It's different from latency. I know because as a european player, I lag all the time. It also only usually happens on ranged attack and support shot for me. What you're describing sounds mostly like displacement lag aside from the last one.

I can give you an easy comparison as to what this elf lag feels like. Ever tried rafting, targeted something with thunder that was outside range, then were entirely unable to cancel the skill or the targetting until you either get hit or move way out of range? Like that, except the trigger is not the enemy being outside range of ranged attack, but that you started standing still for just a moment. Considering that you have to stand still unlessyou want only a 50% chance to fire, it's recommended that you do stop..then it automatically has a chance of happening.

Also, the amount of time you stand stupidly in place without doing anything is rather random. I've had it happen anywhere between 3 and 20 seconds.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Accidental double post. Sorry. Ignore this.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    The elf lag I know of is that you are completely unable to do anything for a period. You can't even fire that arrow. You're stuck, unable to do anything. And can only watch your beloved one being beaten.

You know, kind of like NTR but less interesting.
    IyasenuImaizumi
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    This bug has been around since elves were first implemented. Part of it seems to be due to the fact that mabi was made with only single core CPUs in mind. There are a couple of things that can help lessen the impact of this bug and no, they do not require mods or break the TOS.

One thing you can do is assign which CPU mabi runs on. The best thing is to have mabi and blackCipher.aes on 2 separate CPUs from each other and from your main CPU (which is called CPU 0).

Open your task manager, go to "details," find client.exe. Right click and select Set Affinity.
    A window will pop up with check boxes. Now my PC's CPU is an Intel i5 so the available CPUs are 0 - 4. I uncheck all then select CPU 1. Hit Ok/enter.
    *My laptop is an i4 (CPUs 0 - 3) and its graphics card is not recognized by mabi so I have to set the client.exe to 2 CPUs ( i set it to CPUs 2 and 3 and blackCiper.aes to CPU 1. DON'T do something like setting the client to 1 and 3 it's lagtastic).

Now you do the same for blackCipher.aes. Just make sure it's on a different CPU than the client.exe.

The only thing is you have to do this EVERYTIME you start up mabi (there is a way to set mabi up to do so automatically but I ain't tech savvy enough or brave to attempt it ><). Oh and while you're in there once you've got mabi loaded up and are logged in, go ahead and End Process/ End Task on the nexon launcher so you don't have that lagging you (make sure it's the one that says "runtime" in it's name).

The other thing that you can do (and you only have to do it once) is denaggling. This however, requires you to restart your computer for it to be implemented. I honestly have no idea what it is but I know it works. My tech savvy older bro walked me through it, so I have no idea how to do it anymore as I did that years ago, but I'm sure there are plenty of resources out there that can help you.

I hope this helps you. You'll still end up with those times where you get stuck at 99% or 100%, but that's the server lag (and still the elf range bug a bit). But this should help immensely.

Please don't quote me on any of this, I am not an expert. I won't even begin to pretend that I understand all this tech stuff. So don't blast me for using the wrong terminology and stuff please.

*It may just be my imagination, but setting your affinity like this seems to affect ninja skills in the same way as well. Idk if this is another elf-only bug or what, but hey! ya get a fix for 2 bug problems!

#elvesNeedSomeLove♥
    ChaosShadow