Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Our VIP situation...

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Are you sure people are contacting them? Or is everyone just saying so out of hyperbole?

How will people as a community get what they want if the best they can muster is "acting" like they've asked?

Gotta chug on over and confront things

Our only -real- way of contacting them with suggestions or similar is through the forums. I'm pretty sure this topic already has a thread in the Suggestions section, so we've really done about all we can in terms of communicating.

Yeah we've been ranting about this forever. I am pretty sure that they have seen our comments and threads regarding this matter.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited September 7, 2017
    Honestly with how crappy our VIP services are it should be $4 tops as most of it is 100% worthless.

I miss the VIP before we got our current revamp that gave specific items each day like the day every character would get dye amps. Last time I bought VIP I'd say 75% of the crap I got were those awful remote tickets with the majority being the remote admin tickets...
    Ataraxiz
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    lidiya wrote: »
    Honestly with how crappy our VIP services are it should be $4 tops as most of it is 100% worthless.

I miss the VIP before we got our current revamp that gave specific items each day like the day every character would get dye amps. Last time I bought VIP I'd say 75% of the crap I got were those awful remote tickets with the majority being the remote admin tickets...

When and if ever the VIP service gets updated, I feel we should be compensated for those remote administration coupons. :|
    AtaraxizArchdukeValeCortez
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Gaea wrote: »

When and if ever the VIP service gets updated, I feel we should be compensated for those remote administration coupons. :|

What do those things even do? I've gotten a few of them but just immediately dump them.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

What do those things even do? I've gotten a few of them but just immediately dump them.
    @ArchdukeValeCortez ~ They allow access to the 'Lost and Found' from anywhere in the game. ~

They're not very popular ever since we lost the 'Items may drop on death if not blessed' mechanic.

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Remote_Administrative_Office_Coupon

Yeah they are not very popular because they are useless and we've had them for years now since that mechanic was removed. I sent in a ticket one time and all they said was that they are sorry and that it's a known issue and there is nothing they can do to compensate us.
    [Deleted User]
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    OP what you need to understand about financials of game like Mabinog is Whales harpooned by Got-ya-pons pay the bills, keep the servers running, and pay salaries.

Money made from VIP pays for the Christmas party and its the difference between an open bar at a fancy restaurant or a BYOB event with sammiches from Walmart.

They just don't care because more money is made with "Fooled you pons"
    [Deleted User]
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Korea makes the decision on what we do and don't get. Its been this way forever.
    [Deleted User]CoffeeLove
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Korea makes the decision on what we do and don't get. Its been this way forever.

How do you know? Did GMs from NA ever mentioned about this before ? I'm just very curious, that's all.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 10, 2017
    I wish I was watching the stream because maybe they could shed some light on the VIP situation. But something tells me that they would just say that they will suggest it. Because I am starting to notice that is something they say a lot in response to our questions to or that they don't know.

Those kind of responses are getting old. We need more transparency.
    badnewsbarrettArchdukeValeCortezcourtneyy
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited September 10, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »

How do you know? Did GMs from NA ever mentioned about this before ? I'm just very curious, that's all.

Yeah all our content is decided by KR. In terms of them mentioning it, for example, if you watch the latest stream on Mabi's twitch, they mention how they: don't know how much some of our cash shop items are going to cost; they don't know when events and sales will be other than one or two, just that they'll be coming later this month; and they even promised to ask for non-afk events for us next month because even they know how bored we are with AFK events. Everything we get is because KR decides it.

Or another example, like Gaea said above, if NA wants something done (either an event, a glitch fix, VIP update, etc.) they have to "forward it" to KR, who gets to decide whether it'll be done or not v.v
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    It's bs. We should have what they have. This is not like some cross over anime event. It's just a service upgrade. There should be little to no red tape for something like this. :|
    badnewsbarrettArchdukeValeCortezCoffeeLove
  • MoonsieMoonsie
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Gotta admit for someone who pays for VIP all the time, it is pretty lame.
    Even something small like having the Moonlight Traveller book as a gift for being VIP is enticing in the least.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited September 11, 2017

Honestly, I don't even understand why such a strongly business oriented company like Nexon KR doesn't even put forth effort in at least calculating how much time it would take to at least educate NA devs on how the system works.
    They literally can't fix bugs that KR just put out a patch for a few hours or days after it was reported in KR.
    It's a major time loss, and to put it bluntly, it makes Nexon KR look extremely incapable of even the oldest of business logic.
    "Letting someone else take care of the ranch for you, will give you more time to tend the fields."
    I seriously wonder why Nexon NA hasn't gone over a list of complaints they have about how being a dependent branch of KR is costing them so much money and negative PR.

In any case, marketing usually makes the decision on the cost or price reduction on virtual items based off of accounting, common sense, and math.
    I don't see why a marketing team can't have a conversation with a codemonkey on how much time, effort, and money it'll take to make a brand new VIP service that contains everything users want at an affordable price.
    It's all just a small and logical talk, followed by either a strive to redesign, or let the Cash Shop continue to flow until interest in the game dies out.

Until we see an NA dev on a livestream with a KR dev, I highly doubt that there will be a new VIP model anytime soon, without redesigning the entirety of Mabinogi.
    If VIP only had issues with the housing system, it could easily have been redesigned into the homestead's house, allowing just furniture to be used as decorations within, allowing the expansion of the homestead's house to add more floors, and for VIP exclusive NPC furniture shops to open. (untradeable furniture)
    Although I said it would have been easy, it would still take hardcore nerd power just as strong as the tech, and a few years of design and testing.

All we've been able to do is sit here glued to the forums awaiting an official response from Nexon NA that they're working on it themselves, and that Nexon KR has the utmost faith in their capabilities.
    Until then, why not bring back old forum topics with massive page counts to avoid multiposts?
    They're still the same issues, so unless a dev isn't afraid to say, "Psh, I don't know, I mean the only way I've ever communicated with these guys is with an email in an extensive waiting period, with zero to minimal response," then complains and requests will continue to pile up until Nexon NA either throws in the towel, or an employee gets so tired of the lack of response that they get on a jet to Nexon KR and talk to the head honcho himself demanding an answer.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Ellisya wrote: »

Yeah all our content is decided by KR. In terms of them mentioning it, for example, if you watch the latest stream on Mabi's twitch, they mention how they: don't know how much some of our cash shop items are going to cost; they don't know when events and sales will be other than one or two, just that they'll be coming later this month; and they even promised to ask for non-afk events for us next month because even they know how bored we are with AFK events. Everything we get is because KR decides it.

Or another example, like Gaea said above, if NA wants something done (either an event, a glitch fix, VIP update, etc.) they have to "forward it" to KR, who gets to decide whether it'll be done or not v.v

Hmmm that's quite frustrating and doesn't really make any sense.

Even if I send a ticket to KR server GM, they probably will say something like 'You will have to ask Nexon America about this kind situation due to it is not our responsibility nor our work. We only take care KR server not NA.' I can see how this goes to infinite Mobius Strip.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325

Honestly, I don't even understand why such a strongly business oriented company like Nexon KR doesn't even put forth effort in at least calculating how much time it would take to at least educate NA devs on how the system works.
    They literally can't fix bugs that KR just put out a patch for a few hours or days after it was reported in KR.
    It's a major time loss, and to put it bluntly, it makes Nexon KR look extremely incapable of even the oldest of business logic.
    "Letting someone else take care of the ranch for you, will give you more time to tend the fields."
    I seriously wonder why Nexon NA hasn't gone over a list of complaints they have about how being a dependent branch of KR is costing them so much money and negative PR.

Well from what I heard years back the US was able to make small fixes, but once borked the servers up so bad the game was down for over a week. After that they were supposedly stripped of the ability to do anything on their own. Not sure how true it is as it was from a friend of a friend who supposedly knew a GM.

Side note you do know nexon doesn't give a damn about negative PR right? They have a D- on the Better Business Bureau's site impressive they improved since their F rating years back...
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Oh, I forgot about that BBB thing.

It was amazing to look at.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 12, 2017
    TNinja wrote: »
    Oh, I forgot about that BBB thing.

It was amazing to look at.

Yeahhhhh but I've read some of those recent ones. Especially the first one on there...

Worst customer service ever in the entire world. I was stalked and harassed by people in one of their games and when I reported it to them with close to 50 pages of evidence over the course of 3 months this company ignored everything and said I was the one harassing them instead. They support abusers and abandon vicitims. They only care about money and not their customers. They use online gamling to profit from online item generators that give little to no value in return for real life currency. They use gimicks to show off rare items you can get from these generators however only a small percentage of people are actually rewarded with the rare grants after spending a large amount of money on the item generators. This company ignores complaints making the game hostile and in extreme cases allowing for the hacking of individuals who needed their help dealing with harassment but were ignored time and time again.

My years in customer service give me the gut instinct that player was the core of the problem and they were just trying to get back at some people. Also no one gets "hacked" anymore. It is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS idiots who don't use a strong password and/OR share personal information.

Dramanogi, nuff said.