Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The lantern event returns!

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited September 11, 2017 in General Chat
Don't like afk events? Well there is something to look forward to down the road!

Promo: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2017/0907_lamp/lamp.asp
News page: https://goo.gl/fvU6Dw (Translated by google, link shortened by google)

New stuff!

3avrI4g.png

Darvy found another nifty image!

Tenroijg02.png

I bet that I could connect those lanterns to my glittering trees somehow. O_O
[Deleted User]pawcalypseNegumikoPeloiSherriSheenaAell

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    those are all homestead props... it's not a chair... unless you can sit on it in the homestead then that's cool :D
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Oh boy another homestead event that requires you to have 20 people just to get an item.
    Hopefully it goes better than the Festia one. Cause that one was terrible.
    BlissfulkillPeloi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 11, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    those are all homestead props... it's not a chair... unless you can sit on it in the homestead then that's cool :D

But that would be so cool, I could use that in Belvast when I'm selling stuff. >_<!!!

Oh well, those festival lanterns look really cool. More lighting for my homestead!
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Oh boy another homestead event that requires you to have 20 people just to get an item.
    Hopefully it goes better than the Festia one. Cause that one was terrible.

Actually I wish that event would return. I messed up and didn't get the cheer gesture. :(
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Personally, I've seen a concerning drop in quality of events, and this doesn't help it.

Shoves event under rug
    HarukaricourtneyyPeloi
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    HKFIEOJSBDIDBSKVSI

YYYYYAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GIMME DOES LANTURNS BB
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Didn't that event have Skill Training seals as chooseable rewards from the various NPCs at the event site?

Man, I know some people who would looooooove to have this come back.
    I'd love it myself if they could be used to help get Advanceable skills back up to 100 exp to take Dan tests.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Yeah. ~ It's too bad this is not South Korea and that we don't get everything they do. :D

We get some things sometimes!

But, yeah.

I still do hope we get this, though.

Unless they decide to pull a ~renewal~ in the same way they did for this Roulette Bingo event and get rid of the monster drops for the sky lantern kits.
    Or whatever this event's equivalent of that is.
    ac5dde4ccb.png

What are these anyways?
    [Deleted User]
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    that blue prism box is like something you fill with experience and can turn in for a full box thing that gives 2x skill training. here's a rough translation:

When you collect 100% battle experience value in <empty blue prism>, 'convert' button is activated.
    When you click 'Convert', you can acquire <Blue Prism>.

Blue Prism: When using this item, you can get 2x bonus for all skill training for 1 hour.
    This effect will be applied in duplicate to the other skill potions.
    Please note that skill bonus is applied up to 32 times.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    that blue prism box is like something you fill with experience and can turn in for a full box thing that gives 2x skill training. here's a rough translation:

When you collect 100% battle experience value in <empty blue prism>, 'convert' button is activated.

Blue Prism: When using this item, you can get 2x bonus for all skill training for 1 hour.

Ooh, that's pretty nifty.

Reminds me of that Soul Essence Bottle that had its event a while back.

And I love the idea of a skill training buff for all types that stacks with other skill potions.

Cutting down on the grind of training certain skills really boosts my motivation to train them.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    This are probably what I'm looking for to finish my homestead! I really hope they try to give us this event, hoping it's not destroyed :<
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    the prop drop rate from the last lantern event was the worst, if this event is the same then to hell with this event.
    Peloi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    . I just need 2 of those lanterns - maybe 4. Hrrrrmmmm...
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Pannya wrote: »
    the prop drop rate from the last lantern event was the worst, if this event is the same then to hell with this event.

the drop rate was really good if you did hard mode shadow missions. it depends on how strong you are, the tougher the monster the higher the chances are. anyway I would love it if this event returned. last time you could earn skill training seals and unlocking the lantern action looks beautiful if you use it in a town at night. those homestead props look like a great way to motivate players that have already gotten most of the stuff from this event before.
  • NakijuxCandiNakijuxCandi
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Is that candy I see (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    Negumiko wrote: »

the drop rate was really good if you did hard mode shadow missions. it depends on how strong you are, the tougher the monster the higher the chances are. anyway I would love it if this event returned. last time you could earn skill training seals and unlocking the lantern action looks beautiful if you use it in a town at night. those homestead props look like a great way to motivate players that have already gotten most of the stuff from this event before.

your stupidity almost makes me feel bad, mobs didnt dropped props genius only the stuff to craft the lanterns and it doesnt matter if ppl have hundreds or millions of them, they can only use a few lanterns each day if there is enough ppl to do it (which was not the case most of the time), and even after farming the boxes for an entire week the chances to get a prop drop was close to none, i did it the entire event length and i didnt got a single stupid prop, the same happened to every single of my friends in game, so the prop drop rate was bad and thats all, go to spread your misformation somewhere else.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Gaea wrote: »
    Tenroijg02.png

Those snowflake things aren't a part of the lantern props, right? I'd like to keep my weeb themed HS 100% weeb with no seasonal decor.

Reminds me of that one event format MapleStory no longer does! That's surprisingly useful, especially if the prism itself doesn't expire.
    your stupidity almost makes me feel bad, mobs didnt dropped props genius only the stuff to craft the lanterns and it doesnt matter if ppl have hundreds or millions of them, they can only use a few lanterns each day if there is enough ppl to do it (which was not the case most of the time), and even after farming the boxes for an entire week the chances to get a prop drop was close to none, i did it the entire event length and i didnt got a single stupid prop, the same happened to every single of my friends in game, so the prop drop rate was bad and thats all, go to spread your misformation somewhere else.

Spreading misinformation =/= misrecalling that an event didn't follow literally every other event format we've ever had that involves monster drops

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Tenroijg02.png

Those snowflake things aren't a part of the lantern props, right? I'd like to keep my weeb themed HS 100% weeb with no seasonal decor.

Reminds me of that one event format MapleStory no longer does! That's surprisingly useful, especially if the prism itself doesn't expire.

Spreading misinformation =/= misrecalling that an event didn't follow literally every other event format we've ever had that involves monster drops

They're flowers.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I need at least one of those kiosks
    and like a dozen lanterns
    Rip all my money
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    These seem to relate to Aomori Nebuta Matsuri

Festivals of Japan: Aomori Nebuta Matsuri

If not they do coincide with the lantern festival in the Poconos (Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited September 22, 2017
    Actually I wish that event would return. I messed up and didn't get the cheer gesture. :(
    Same here! Well if this event is the one where you create and release paper lanterns. Is it?
    Cuz' I wasn't able to get the Release Lantern gesture in that event.. or that one Cheer Gesture in Festia. I forget what the event was all about but I was like one day off and I was sooo angry when it just ended. I wANT GLOW STICKS SCREEEEEEEEEEE--