Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I am so tired of these AFK events

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited September 11, 2017
    after leaving my computer on all night to get 25 coins I managed to get only 2 of the 5 numbers needed. this is definitely my least favorite roulette event ever...

why even bother with the 1 bingo board a day limit? 90% of us won't finish one in 2-3 days w/o those weekend stamps. I don't think it's worth leaving my comp on all night for 2 numbers.
    [Deleted User]Redetsubadnewsbarrett
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    1. Just had a summer full of non-afk events and updates (Memento, Grandmaster, Giant Overhaul and Dan Revamp with events, Mission Point with Master Plan, Potential System, Monster Dodge and so on)

2. We finally get two events with option to AFK for more rewards.

3. OP's created thread name sounds like we only had AFK events for like 3 months, but if i recall perfectly we only had Hot Time events and no AFK events for a whole summer.

4. GG.
    lceCreamMikuV3PolicromaBuffalos
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I wouldn't really mind afk events, I use my laptop almost all the time anyway when I'm at home. But this event is afk + extremely dependent on luck. Which means if you're unlucky like me, it's a MUST to stay log in when you're asleep. Electricity bill + not good for the laptop itself.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Keep in mind that this is September, ppl are busy with school and stuff. Nobody got no time for non afk events
  • MoonsieMoonsie
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    I am all for more people logging on and being on Mabi, but to log onto one or multiple accounts just to take up space and get a reward to stop playing again? Ugh, this is why channel two is in the red and nobody can get on. :/
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I like events giving me something new to fill my time with, or more incentive to do the same thing I do every day.

This Attendance event and the Roulette event just don't have that.

I run out of things to do in my daily rotation well before my need for more roulette coins gets fulfilled, simply because I have no alternative but to wait so long for coins.
    I wanted to be able to get all the coins I need that day and knock off once I finished everything I normally do!

I mean, I could do that anyways... but I want that Detective Squirrel Doll Bag, and with my subpar luck with these spins, I need all the coins I can get!
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited September 12, 2017
    there is always those who said that this these AFK event(s), once in awhile, is a good thing

because i'm too lazy to do things
    or to go to somewhere
    or keep doing something that i have done long ago again
    or do something that my char is not supposed to do that

arent this game supposed to be "EXPLORING and DOING EVERYTHING"?

what the hell?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    lceCream wrote: »
    No the we just had a non afk event. The mission event was too hard and annoying. had to spend hours each day doing the stupid missions

It wasn't hard... but it certainly did feel grindy after a while. Honestly I think the only real problem with the mission point event is that it lasts too long....but so many points...
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    I don't mind the AFK events, I'm always never around to do them.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    AFK events are pretty nice. It takes off the pressure for people who feel they need to catch up with those can obtain massive amounts of coins through hunting. By AFKing, it gives you the opportunity to get coins at the same rate and is only a matter of whether who can keep their computer on the longest. Also, AFK events lets you play other games while you do nothing on Mabinogi.

Pretty win/win to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    lceCream
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    This Bingo event gets worse.

Not only do you have AFK for 4 days to get enough coins to get the 3 pieces of scrap to get the bag coupon but then you have to sit around and wait 10 minutes to use all those acorn boxes. :/
  • LovePandaLovePanda
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,355
    They should have a few afk and non-afk events going on so players have options.
    badnewsbarrettIyasenu