Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the June Renovation Season 5 Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/92024/june-renovation-season-5-update-patch-notes-june-6th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Some ideas for a better Player-Run Market

YangKoeteYangKoete
Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
Posts: 266
Member
edited September 16, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Overall, I think that the player stores can be adjusted quite well, and with the recent Flight Expansion, I'm thinking there could be some new features and some tweaking of old ones.

First off...COMMAS.
Yes, we've all said this before, heard this song and dance, but really...Commas to make 100000 become 100,000 would be so great to help tell what prices are at a glance. New people will most likely have issues without them, and it can even be off-putting for some. Even just that will be an easy fix. There's nothing wrong with adding them either, it'll be purely helpful.

Material Barter Board
Just something I came up for with strictly materials. A trade for materials that is easy for other players to get to. You put up say, 5 Thin Thread Balls. And you want other materials, not just gold. You could select up to five options to swap them for from strangers, such as 1 Copper Ingot, 3 Average Firewood or whatever. It could bring a better aspect of player bartering and help clear inventories for stuff they'd actually use to help train skills/make other things. This system can also assist with deciding a worth for materials, and it'll be easy to get the results from it by mail.

The problem with this is that it's an easy way for there to be a flood of too many bad offers, or too many people wanting gold instead of another material, which is where my next idea comes in;

"_ for hire!"
Another "Board" idea where you can have the materials, but won't be able to craft them into what you want because of skill rank. And be honest; Ranking Magic Craft and Hillwen Engineering isn't difficult, just VERY time-consuming. So the "For Hire" board can put in a request for a certain someone and you'd have to insert the payment needed for the thing to be crafted. The lowest would probably be 100 gold like usual, but it's an easier way to get players to interract with each other. You could also potentially adjust it to search for "Rank A only" or "Rank 1 only" for search to narrow down requests so that it can fit your skill level.

More Kiosk Areas
As someone in Alexina, in channel 1 for Tir, you see MANY players around the town square, not everyone wants to pay to set up shop there either. So why not let us set up Kiosks by the river? It's a mostly straight area, and it's where people passing through can see the kiosks easily if they're going through the Moon Gate.
NegumikoMirokujin

Comments

  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,785
    Posts: 1,312
    Member
    more kiosk areas would be great. kiosks don't have a gold limit, they keep a record of everything you sell, and you can view a kiosk shop while using transformation mastery. this can be a very efficient way of doing business but sadly they are only in Dunbarton and easy to miss. if they could be put in more locations they might become more popular. plus you don't have to buy a brownie contract and merchant license every time, you can make 20 mil or more with a kiosk if you have four or more characters.
    YangKoete
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,785
    Posts: 1,312
    Member
    edited September 17, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Negumiko wrote: »
    more kiosk areas would be great. kiosks don't have a gold limit, they keep a record of everything you sell, and you can view a kiosk shop while using transformation mastery. this can be a very efficient way of doing business but sadly they are only in Dunbarton and easy to miss. if they could be put in more locations they might become more popular. plus you don't have to buy a brownie contract and merchant license every time, you can make 20 mil or more with a kiosk if you have four or more characters.
    Is there anything barring you from buying more than one shop license? A record of what you sell on a license can be seen in system chat (press L). This thread isn't actually about the logic or location of Kiosks (another reason why multiple topics should each have their own thread). The location of a Kiosk is totally pointless, because the contents of all Kiosks on a channel can be found on and bought from the Item Search board (anywhere such a board can be found). ~ Most purchases are done on the board, regardless of where it is at. ~ Tell me another story. :trollface:

    While a Kiosk does not have an "accumulated gold limit", a Kiosk has a pricing limit. We are not able to price items greater than 1 million gold.


    some players still like to shop at each kiosk instead of using the board and you are able to price a item for 20mil gold if you open a kiosk in Belvast.

  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,785
    Posts: 1,312
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Negumiko
    Negumiko wrote: »
    some players still like to shop at each kiosk instead of using the board and you are able to price a item for 20mil gold if you open a kiosk in Belvast.
    Again, that's not what this thread is about. This thread is technically a violation of the forum rules, because it contains more than 1 suggestion. This thread is being presented as 'ideas for a better play-ran market' (read the title), but it's not providing ideas relevant to a 'player-ran market'.

    If the debate is to be about Kiosks (and only about Kiosks); the thread title and the opening topic should reflect that... but it doesn't.

    this does contain more then one suggestion however she is still suggesting more kiosk locations as a possible way to improve the market for players which may help some players find kiosks faster or make it easier for players to setup shop. for example if a few more players would set up kiosks in Belvast there might be a few more open spots for players to actually open up a personal shop. I am simply commenting on the kiosk suggestion. it may be more helpful if this thread had a poll to vote for which of the four players would like to see the most or using a more descriptive thread title but I didn't start the thread so that doesn't have anything to do with my last comment.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,785
    Posts: 1,312
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Negumiko
    Negumiko wrote: »
    some players still like to shop at each kiosk instead of using the board and you are able to price a item for 20mil gold if you open a kiosk in Belvast.
    Again, that's not what this thread is about. This thread is technically a violation of the forum rules, because it contains more than 1 suggestion. This thread is being presented as 'ideas for a better play-ran market' (read the title), but it's not providing ideas relevant to a 'player-ran market'.

    If the debate is to be about Kiosks (and only about Kiosks); the thread title and the opening topic should reflect that... but it doesn't.

    this does contain more then one suggestion however she is still suggesting more kiosk locations as a possible way to improve the market for players which may help some players find kiosks faster or make it easier for players to setup shop. for example if a few more players would set up kiosks in Belvast there might be a few more open spots for players to actually open up a personal shop. I am simply commenting on the kiosk suggestion. it may be more helpful if this thread had a poll to vote for which of the four players would like to see the most or using a more descriptive thread title but I didn't start the thread so that doesn't have anything to do with my last comment.
    I understand why you're replying; I'm not from a different planet than you are. You're still incorrect about the 20 million in Belvast. :expressionless:

    1. Commas ~ Don't care either way (has nothing to do with the market).
    2. Material Barter Board ~ The Item Search board is basically this, already.
    3. "_ for hire!" ~ Is this implying Party Signs will all of a suddenly be used for parties, if this happened? ~ doubt it.
    4. More Kiosk Areas ~ Again. It doesn't matter where these are in the game. They could be in the center of Longa Desert.

    It would be nice to have Housing/Kiosk Item Search in Iria towns though ... (increasing the % of buyers without more Kiosks).

    Belvast kiosks work slightly different "Any single item can only be priced as high as 20,000,000g," this can be found in the mabi wiki: http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Belvast_Kiosk so yes items can be priced higher then 1mil in a Belvast kiosk. however I agree it would be helpful if housing/kiosk market boards were in Iria to check that stuff easier or maybe a new pet that allows players to check the housing/kiosk boards anywhere.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Posts: 886
    Member
    The one thing I agree on here the most is commas. In real life I have very bad vision, and I struggle to read the numbers sometimes. I need to squint my eyes to count zero's at time or move my head close to the screen. This would help alot! I fully support this. This also stops people from scamming others. Like the time we had those idiots who would put say dyes in their shop for 1mil and their shop title says "100k" Yes, it is sometimes at fault for the player who buys them, but it's also crappy for the people who take advantage of people.

    The Material Barter Board is also an interesting thing. But it more likely wouldn't work sadly due to people could not be offering fair trades. For example, someone could be putting up "5 thin thread balls" and requesting like "1 stack of poison herbs " in return. the thread balls are easy to obtain where as the poison herbs are not the easiest thing in the world to get. But I do like the idea on it.