Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Longest Undisturbed AFK Streak (Leaving Mabi On)?

HehsuitzHehsuitz
Mabinogi Rep: 720
edited September 20, 2017 in General Chat
In light of the countless afk events received, to what maximum duration have you left your computer on with Mabi, to reap maximum rewards?
Personally, I managed to leave my computer on for 4 days straight before worrying about the well-being of my hardware.
  1. Generic Time Intervals :)75 votes
    1. 1 - 6 hours
       13% (10 votes)
    2. 6- 12 hours
       9% (7 votes)
    3. 12 - 24 hours
       16% (12 votes)
    4. > 24 Hours
       29% (22 votes)
    5. What am I doing with my life... Still afking (@ day X)
       32% (24 votes)

Comments

• SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I think my longest was a few days, close to a week. Logging off only for maint. But I never cared enough to actually count.
  • ImZooskyImZoosky
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Uhhh I may have had a burner computer that I left logged in for something like 5000 hours straight. kekek
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    165-166 hours is the limit before weekly maintenance kicks you off, and certain individuals I've seen around have probably hit that mark repeatedly.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Perhaps over 4 days.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I think around 3 days. Only because I forgot when's the last time I turn off my laptop.
    pawcalypse
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    During AFK events, I’ll stay on easily the entire week, though I’ll also give my compy a rest.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Around 3 days somehow with no lagout for personal shop purposes.
  • Naomii66Naomii66
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,770
    jesus christ;; even days of afk O-O? my highest is 3 hours, isn't leaving your computer on that long bad for it since it overheats?
    Naomii66 wrote: »
    jesus christ;; even days of afk O-O? my highest is 3 hours, isn't leaving your computer on that long bad for it since it overheats?

Poor computer.
    Naomii66
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator

Your PC should have power options you can access, alternatively make sure it has good cooling and venting. If I’m not at mine, I reduce the CPU usage and dim/shut off the screen.
  • HehsuitzHehsuitz
    I tend to break my long afk streaks due to the ominous "Out of memory - Error " that probably arises due to Mabinogi's poorly optimized game engine...
  • YamamochanYamamochan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,455
    i too fear the out of memory error...

i think back in the days i'd do it for days... a week at most?

when even forums give you error:
    unknown.png

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 22, 2017
    Wow, so much people voted who afk at least 24 and more hours. Poor computers... And then people complain that game is full of afkers lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    Wow, so much people voted who afk at least 24 and more hours. Poor computers... And then people complain that game is full of afkers lol.

Not our fault, Nexon needs to knock it off with the afk events.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

Not our fault, Nexon needs to knock it off with the afk events.

But we just got first afk events. We didn't had any afk events for like 4 months. :|
    [Deleted User]
  • HehsuitzHehsuitz
    @Hardmuscle

I'm not sure what you mean by "riding a proven false bandwagon" because I was merely stating what often occurred to me when leaving Mabi on for extended durations. I then suggested what I would have thought as a possible causation, "poor optimization", mainly due to the fact that I am running a high- spec PC. In the past, I have run much more "spec-demanding" software on my system for relatively long period time and Mabi is the only software where I have ever encountered this "Out of Memory - Error".

Thanks for participating in this thread!
    [Deleted User]
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325

no it really isn't unless it is already overheating.
    My record for leaving a PC on with no reboots is over 390 days straight(would have been longer but we had a power failure). That PC ran pretty much day, and night for 6-8 years like that with minimal work. I would use it to AFK on mabi, and it also was my web server, and e-mail server at the time(why it was on so much). I also had an insanely reliable ISP at the time where it went down like 5 times in all those years(due to their network maintenance which they alerted to a month prior)
    Now my record I think is 4-5 days without mabi dropping me with that setup.

FWIW I wouldn't recommend a more modern laptop to be left on that long.

Currently I'd be lucky if I could go 5 hours as it seems my current ISP decided to run my internet connection though a potato as just the other day I dropped 5 times in 13 hours for 5-10 mins a pop. Then if that wasn't bad enough mabi(black cipher, or the launcher which it runs) has the habit of causing my video card drivers to crash at random like today I was afking for 20 mins, and BOOM crash. I only blame mabi as this does not happen at any other time. I was playing FF14 for 10 hours the other day straight(or as close as I could get with my internet connection), and it didn't have a single crash running at full. Today mabi 20 mins in BOOM video card driver crashes, and it only happens when mabi(or the launcher) is running.
    I even put over 60 hours into FO4 since I started having these crashes with mabi, and it did crash once, but the nexon launcher was running in the background that time once I closed it no crashes(well video card driver related crashes bethesda games crash no matter what).
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Uh.. I have no idea. I NEVER leave my computer on for a long amount of time.
    The well being of my PC (and my electricity bill) is my top priority, not being a fashionogi who AFKs for no reason but to waste money in a video game.
    Naomii66[Deleted User]Greta
    Sherri wrote: »
    Uh.. I have no idea. I NEVER leave my computer on for a long amount of time.
    The well being of my PC (and my electricity bill) is my top priority, not being a fashionogi who AFKs for no reason but to waste money in a video game.

That's deep.
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You know the maximum would be 6 days with maintenance.