Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Serious talk about windmill

IndigoVoyageIndigoVoyage
Mabinogi Rep: 505
in General Chat
I noticed that when you're barehanded you do a flare, not a windmill. As a bboy this disturbs me and I'm considering writing a ticket about it.
[Deleted User]pawcalypseCosmicandy

Comments

• NoireCatNoireCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    pls fix this this is game breaking nexin
    [Deleted User]Imaizumi
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    can't unsee now, game is broken can't play
    [Deleted User]pawcalypseImaizumi
  • Naomii66Naomii66
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,770
    I barely use windmill to even notice lmao
    its forever at r9!
    [Deleted User]
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    edited September 25, 2017
    so let me get this right.

You're mildly offended by an animation... Of your character, while not equipped with any weapons.... Spinning around on his back and hands.... Kicking things....

Did I get that right? Honestly, I fail to see HOW you could be offended by a dance move from the 70s and early 80s that EVERYONE DID OR TRIED TO DO. Hell, that style of dancing isn't even restricted to just the US, other countries do it as well. So if you really wish to claim you are offended, please look beyond stereotypes or skin color.

All you will do is fuel the hate flames that are uncalled for on ALL SIDES.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that this exact same animation is used with Bows, Knuckles, Guns, Cylinders, Control Bars.... Pretty much every other non-melee based weapon we have. And I'm not 100% sure, but I think it does it when you have a weapon + Shield or only a single 1h weapon equipped.
    Greta[Deleted User]pawcalypseImaizumi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Semantics. Seriously who the **** cares? Jesus. There are more important things to complain about. :|
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Felice ~

Richard 'Crazy Legs' Colon was probably the whitest Puerto Rican in The Bronx, and with that said,.......

I'd have to say this thread is either 100% sarcasm .....or...... 100% stupidity. :smirk:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Legs_(dancer)

I vote for the latter.
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I'm not sure which is funnier, the OP or all you people taking him seriously
    [Deleted User]PolicromaImaizumiVitula
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Eralea wrote: »
    I'm not sure which is funnier, the OP or all you people taking him seriously

I am mostly loling at Felice. So serious. :P
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm 🍿 at both :sunglasses:
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm 🍿 at both :sunglasses:

I am loling at you for loling at us. :D
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Honestly, if we are getting offended by silly things like Windmill animation then we should start this with female animation first...
    It looks lewd, especially if your character wears very short skirt... :smirk:
    [Deleted User]
  • IndigoVoyageIndigoVoyage
    Felice wrote: »

You're mildly offended by an animation... Of your character, while not equipped with any weapons.... Spinning around on his back and hands.... Kicking things....

Did I get that right? Honestly, I fail to see HOW you could be offended by a dance move from the 70s and early 80s that EVERYONE DID OR TRIED TO DO. Hell, that style of dancing isn't even restricted to just the US, other countries do it as well. So if you really wish to claim you are offended, please look beyond stereotypes or skin color.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that this exact same animation is used with Bows, Knuckles, Guns, Cylinders, Control Bars.... Pretty much every other non-melee based weapon we have. And I'm not 100% sure, but I think it does it when you have a weapon + Shield or only a single 1h weapon equipped.

It offends me because it's the wrong dance move. I'm a bboy, I actually practice this kind of dance. You don't spin on your back in the animation. That would be an actual windmill. You kick your legs around while balancing on your hands. It's a flare.

Also, it's not that serious. Please don't drag me into whatever drama you are living in right now.
    [Deleted User]
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Felice wrote: »

It offends me because it's the wrong dance move. I'm a bboy, I actually practice this kind of dance. You don't spin on your back in the animation. That would be an actual windmill. You kick your legs around while balancing on your hands. It's a flare.

Also, it's not that serious. Please don't drag me into whatever drama you are living in right now.

Oh, I like you.

But in all seriousness, It's not too big of a deal. We have commerce wagons that dangle off of bridges, broken shoulders, and placement lag, just to name a few issues. I do admire your ability to notice it's incorrect, though.
    [Deleted User]
    I only noticed because I was excited to break dance in this game :(
    [Deleted User]
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    I only noticed because I was excited to break dance in this game :(

I recommend looking into "Dance of Death". Relatively new skill, might wanna read up on it on the wiki. There are "add-ons" for lack of a better word called Motifs that can allow you to break dance, among other styles.

Rank_1_Breakdance_with_Basic_Mood.gif

[Deleted User]IndigoVoyagepawcalypse
    omg now I can live my fantasy life
    [Deleted User]
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited September 25, 2017
    In KR, well most of East Asia's subculture, break dancing is popular from what I experience. I am glad they put this trope in the game actually.

According to this: The Academy of European Swordsmanship
    Defending Kicks Taught in Other Disciplines: Other disciplines of combat would teach kicks that turn the body sideways, and even kicks that require the person to spin their body. Against kicks that turn the body of your opponent towards you, sweep their leg to the side, so that you will end up facing the back of your opponent. Against kicks that attack the side of your body, such as roundhouse kicks, move into your opponent so that their upper leg harmlessly slaps into your body, allowing you to catch their leg and launch attacks. Opponents who spin to kick you give you time to close in and attack them as they spin. Generally, these kinds of kicks are performed at long ranges, giving your opponent an advantage if they are skilled at fighting at this distance and you are not. To counter this, close the gap between you and your opponent, so that these kicks will not come into play.
    Maybe it is derived from that practice and the designers just made Windmill a kick type skill.