Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Unplayable game due to lag

NekoLilyNekoLily
Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
edited September 25, 2017 in Technical Support
So, today was rather laggy and all, taking a lot just to summon a pet or move an item from your inventory.
At first I thought it was just me, so I decided to carry on with the idea of doing the Rabbie Phantasm with my friends: they said they lagged a bit and all but it would have been all good when actually starting. It did not and now we're stuck on first floor trying to clear the rooms without any problems, but it's really taking a lot since we get a 5 seconds lag before 2 seconds without lag and so on.

Is this happening to only us or is someone else experiencing this mad lag today? (or this last days since maintenance)

Comments

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I can confirm that Mari ch2 is extremely laggy as a party and several of my friends confirmed that it was not just me experiencing this. I am currently on ch6 where everything is working fine. Are the other servers experiencing lag?
  • kirbystarkirbystar
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    edited September 25, 2017
    I have very fast computer. This lag is something that Nexon needs to fix urgently. It is happening only on Mari ch2. It started around 3.30 pm PST. I am surprised that there was no post about it for quite sometime.

I confirmed with many players that they all started to lag on Mari ch2 since 3.30 pm PST.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    kirbystar wrote: »
    I have very fast computer. This is something that Nexon needs to fix urgently. It is happening only on Mari ch2. It started around 3.30 pm PST. I am surprised that there was no post about it for quite sometime.

I blame old servers
    NekoLilypawcalypse
  • NFXNFX
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    kirbystar wrote: »
    I have very fast computer. This is something that Nexon needs to fix. It is happening only on Mari ch2. It started around 4 pm PST. I am surprised that there is no post about it.
    A fast computer means nothing in the face of a crap ISP, and sometimes the cause of lag is not so visible.

For example: http://map.norsecorp.com/ :smirk:

All 4 of us had that lag, so it's definitely not client-sided.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    I don't know about you, but I am having smooth connections on Tarlach Ch7, the market channel.

Sometimes lag is the fault of the player, the server, or the combination of both.

I do remember a time when I had huge lag though, it was from having the Discord web version up too long.
    The moment I closed it 80% of my lag was gone.

Although maybe I'm not the best person to ask about lag, since my internet speed is considerably fast now.

Although it could just be Mari.
    I can't really give advice if its a different server than the one I'm on.

Best of luck though.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Both me and my boyfriend and a few other friends from Mari can confirm that ch2 is having very bad lag.
  • PromesteinPromestein
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,185
    Have you guys tried, I don't know, getting a better internet connection? Boom, easy solution.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Channel 2 is Mari's market channel, right? Alexina's market channel is channel 1, and when I play on it I get occasional spikes that lock me in place and don't occur on other channels. Easiest thing you can try (outside limiting your network usage) is trying another channel on your server.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    yeah Mari market channel is pretty much crippling lag atm... not so bad on other channels though
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Promestein wrote: »
    Have you guys tried, I don't know, getting a better internet connection? Boom, easy solution.

Have you tried being smart?
    If multi people from different parts of the world are getting the same thing, then I am sure it's not on their end. I highly doubt the 30 or so people who has confirmed (Between discord chats and this thread) that it is not their internet connection. It's on nexon's side right now, not our side.

@Buffalos - Yeah, Me and my boyfriend switched the ch5 and it doesnt seem to be that much of lag there at all. It seems that the lag is centered to the first cluster of channels for Mari right now. I am not sure if other servers are having this issue but yes, channel 2 mari is a lag fest right now.
  • PromesteinPromestein
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,185
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Promestein wrote: »

Have you tried being smart?

Yes, it's a pain in the ass, man.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Yeah everyone who is lagging like crazy right now needs a new internet connection and a better computer SUDDENLY all at once... lol. Can;t possibly be the servers, right?

seems to mainly be effecting Mari channel 2
    badnewsbarrettNekoLily
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    Why people like to play in the market channel? omg D:
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited September 25, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    It's hilarious to look at that site with this playing in the background.

I also noticed I'm lagging like hell on Mari myself at the moment.
    [Deleted User]
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    sooooooooo, where is all those retarded ppl saying "the lag its only on your mind" and "fix your computer", if you want attention go get a dog, most of the lag is actually nexon fault and the more ppl find excuses to defend them the worse it will be.
  • hNaotohNaoto
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    It's been lagging on Mari ch.2 only from what I noticed, for a few hours. Takes anywhere from 5-20 seconds for each shop to open up and another 5-20 seconds for it to close. Moving things in inventory also takes seconds before it is allowed to be moved. I started playing on channel 1 and 3 just fine, but switching back to channel two is almost unplayable in combat.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    It is the internet service in the US, it will always cause these issues.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh boy, yep, channel 2 Mari's being a bit unbearable.

Going from ch5 to ch2 took many seconds.
    Had the funnest rubberbanding experience trying to go from the Advancement Hall to the Alban Knights Assembly Area in Emain.
    Shield of Trust took over 200 MP to load, if you tried it during one of the lag spikes. xD

Yeah, definitely staying off Ch2 Mari until that subsides.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    It is the internet service in the US, it will always cause these issues.

Nexon's ISP must have a massive grudge against Mari's market, then.
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Shield of Trust took over 200 MP to load, if you tried it during one of the lag spikes. xD

That's something I just won't understand with this game. You'd think they'd just put hard gauge usages on stuff but nope, they do a drain per second that continues to run when the server clogs up.
    pawcalypsePolicroma
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh this thread again. Hiiiiii~
    NekoLily
This discussion has been closed.