Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

10 min wait for bento box is too long

Raincloud95Raincloud95
Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
edited September 25, 2017 in General Chat
I would have to wait over ten hours to feed the squirrel all of my boxes. The rewards aren't worth that, but at the same time they aren't so horrible I want to drop the boxes.

Can we like, petition to get them to let us just feed him without waiting after the event is over or something? (full recovery is nice and I have been feeding the gems to my spirit weapon)
  1. Do you want them to change this?33 votes
    1. yes
       48% (16 votes)
    2. no
       52% (17 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    10 minute wait for junk. Whooptie doo.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited September 25, 2017
    Worst Fooled-you-pon event EVER.

Why not bring back the treasure chest event. At least that way I can sell Premium chests for gold.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lmao at people who say that Bento Box gives junk. That box can offer artifacts and statues which can give around 9-13k exploration exp, it also can give a Full Recovery Potion, which is a really useful thing. All you need to do is hoard acorns, summon and give bento box to squirrel, desummon it and just afk or do something meanwhile for 10 minutes. It's not that hard lol.
    Peloipawcalypse
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    mfw teens/adults think 10 minutes is too long of a wait.
    10 minutes was a long wait when I was 3.
    GretaArchdukeValeCortezNilremPeloipawcalypseKryo
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    It would have been nice if you could just place the bento boxes in the Squirrel Doll inventory, and then after 10 minutes, it would consume a bento box and give you the empty bento, without having to repeatedly summon, give, un-summon and wait. Then again, this is what I thought would happen when the event started.
    Peloi
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I wouldn't mind holding onto the bento boxes if they stacked higher to 5 ... let's say... 20

The items from the squirrel aren;t bad for most people, especially newbies... but when you have an end game character it really is junk. Ego food? Ego is capped. Exploration statues? No reason to level exploration as I have 19,500 excess ap and all skills trained. If I needed more of the items the squirrel has to give I would be more inclined to hold onto the boxes. I do agree that 10 minutes can be a little long, but at least the squirrel doesn't have to be summoned the entire time
    kapapaNifanityPeloipawcalypse
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Waiting is nothing. However, it would be much better if we just summon a doll and then USE bento box to feed.
    That moment when you tried to feed then squirrel moves away....
    kapapa
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    10 minutes is long when it adds up. It is a complaint similar to having to click a button at 30 minute intervals. Which honestly, seems annoying if I have to return at 10 minute intervals due to how brief and constant they are. I may as well just be playing the actual game. :#

But seriously, this makes AFKing a bit more of a hassle.
    Nifanitypawcalypse
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Yeah I understand ten minutes isn't long but I have OVER SIXTY boxes. That's 10 x 60 which is 600 minutes, which is a long time, whether you are three years old or thirty years old. It's just a hassle to try and remember to feed it every 10 mins. This is kinda a pain in the butt event.
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    I do wish they stacked higher as well
    Nifanity
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    yeah i agree, this is just too much afking. It's fine with just the coins
  • Naomii66Naomii66
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,770
    honestly I never really minded since the rewards aren't really that useful anyways, I just dropped all my bento boxes since it was only filled with gems and statues
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    You can eat the bento boxes yourself and use them as diet food. (For people who just toss them away)
    Policromapawcalypse
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    You know what? You dont need even stay logged 10 mins to receive the Empty Bento Box. Just put the bag in an alt and give boxes to the doll each time u can, come back whenever and redo.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's really only a problem when you're just starting to use them. (like when you only just then earned your Detective Squirrel)
    If you'd been completing the bingo board at a rate of once per week, then you're likely to have built up quite the stockpile of 2x2 5-stacking Bento Boxes.

Wanting to clear up all that inventory space all at once, coupled with the 10 minute per Bento wait time, can be annoying.

At least that first while is the worst of it.
    Eventually you'll use 'em all up.

I cannot believe that the Empty Bento Boxes stack up to 100 though.
    I wish the non-empty ones stacked that high, lol!
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    I don't mind the wait so much. But yes, I wish they stacked higher than 5.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I will admit I have been using the bento boxes for other things simply because my inventory can't take them anymore.

The prizes are adequate. The squirrel will give you an acorn periodically if he is left summoned, so it's not like I can't get more bento boxes after the event if I need 'em.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Policroma wrote: »
    I will admit I have been using the bento boxes for other things simply because my inventory can't take them anymore.

The prizes are adequate. The squirrel will give you an acorn periodically if he is left summoned, so it's not like I can't get more bento boxes after the event if I need 'em.

Actually, the squirrel doesn't need to be summoned.
    And the "periodically" you mentioned must be the "1 acorn every 5 levels" noted in the announcement.
    09c5a25fb6.png

Still to be confirmed if this will continue after the event, though.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited September 26, 2017
    I thought it was if you left him summoned every 30 minutes or something. I could be wrong. I'm just noticing that some of the acorns I've received didn't seem to be attached to leveling or anything like that, only having the squirrel out.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    10 minute wait for junk. Whooptie doo.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    mfw teens/adults think 10 minutes is too long of a wait.
    10 minutes was a long wait when I was 3.

10 minutes is a long wait when you are getting old and dying.
    KensamaofmariRaincloud95