Check out the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Stardust Part 1 update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/67802/stardust-part-1-patch-notes-july-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Advancement Test Tips and Tricks

Comments

  • FakehoundFakehound
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited September 24, 2017
    Here are some tips for sand burst that I've found, if you sand burst an enemy that is not currently blinded, it will reset your skill, and if you blind 5 within 8 seconds(for dan 3), you'll get 500 points, so you need clusters. Also don't just kill the blinkers, they stay blinded for ages, and even towards the end of the test, leaving them all alive, I can still toggle through them without worry of getting caught in their beam. Basically just blind blinkers before they stop shaking around, and just go after the shadow spawns then blinkers as they spawn, and get ready to stop shaking.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,345
    Posts: 8,468
    Member
    Ugh!!! 11888 so freaking close to Dan 3 combat mastery. FML!!!
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,675
    Posts: 686
    Member
    Not all of us live in California and have Google Fiber internet. The massive lag we get in this game makes some dan tests nearly impossible for some people... Dan should be made easier or at least not as lag dependent.
    Imaizumi
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Not all of us live in California and have Google Fiber internet. The massive lag we get in this game makes some dan tests nearly impossible for some people... Dan should be made easier or at least not as lag dependent.
    I'm not entirely convinced these things are as lag dependent as people say or seem to believe. It's a great excuse and a popular one at that, but not a very proven one. It would be more fair to judge if devCAT actually used TCP_NODELAY in Mabinogi; as most modern games do (taking the responsibility of Disabling Nagle's Algorithm away from the user; as it should be, because -- how many people would know what that is if it weren't for this ironic circumstance? .. don't answer that; I think I already know). :smirk:

    TheNyanCat
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,590
    Posts: 551
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Ugh!!! 11888 so freaking close to Dan 3 combat mastery. FML!!!

    This has been my experience all week trying to get my second Dan 3 for Magnum. LOL

    So close yet so far....
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Posts: 199
    Member
    any tips on combat mastery?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,255
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    lceCream wrote: »
    any tips on combat mastery?

    Only general tips.
    Dan other skills first so they're more effective and make it slightly easier to get points.
    Hope you can get groups of enemies close together in a way that you can windmill them all for good points.
    Try to get to the bonus round ASAP.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Posts: 199
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    lceCream wrote: »
    any tips on combat mastery?

    Only general tips.
    Dan other skills first so they're more effective and make it slightly easier to get points.
    Hope you can get groups of enemies close together in a way that you can windmill them all for good points.
    Try to get to the bonus round ASAP.

    does it matter if i'm an elf
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,255
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    lceCream wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    lceCream wrote: »
    any tips on combat mastery?

    Only general tips.
    Dan other skills first so they're more effective and make it slightly easier to get points.
    Hope you can get groups of enemies close together in a way that you can windmill them all for good points.
    Try to get to the bonus round ASAP.

    does it matter if i'm an elf

    Maybe.
    Some of the skills have lower damage % multipliers as an Elf, so ranking them up might be even more important.
    If it boosts the skill's damage to help you get through waves faster, ranking it should help.
  • RaintheswordRainthesword
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    Posts: 53
    Member
    So guys how do you do Charge Dan, I get Multi-aggroed, plucked out of a mid charge by smash or hit by a lightning bolt that cancels my charge so is there a method or am I waiting for the Rng gods ?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I'm not entirely convinced these things are as lag dependent as people say or seem to believe. It's a great excuse and a popular one at that, but not a very proven one.

    I had a few times where I would get a lag spike in the Sand Burst exams, which ended up making me unable to blind the blinker spawn that just happened and then getting blinker beam'd into a corner for everything to smack me. Had to suck up my lost funds and try again each time this happened.
    In a more general sense, every second counts in all of the combat-based exams. If you lose too much time to being unable to move, you lose your chance at getting the score you need.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    Posts: 418
    Member
    xJZPn.jpg

    HardmusclePolicromacourtneyyGaby5011Clovis15Imaizumi
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited September 27, 2017
    @Buffalos ~ I wasn't saying lag does not exist, or that no one experiences lag. I'm more or less implying I don't believe any of this depends on a zero lag connection (no lag at all) to be done (despite the number of stories from folks who'd like you to believe you need to be in S. Korea). :)
    @Pan
    Pan wrote: »
    xJZPn.jpg
    Even your mods didn't save you. Lol.

  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    Posts: 418
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Buffalos ~ I wasn't saying lag does not exist, or that no one experiences lag. I'm more or less implying I don't believe any of this depends on a zero lag connection (no lag at all) to be done (despite the number of stories from folks who'd like you to believe you need to be in S. Korea). :)
    @Pan
    Pan wrote: »
    xJZPn.jpg
    Even your mods didn't save you. Lol.

    Not sure what mods have to do with advancement tests.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited September 27, 2017
    Pan wrote: »
    Not sure what mods have to do with advancement tests.
    Tell me again how modified fonts reduce lag. :smirk:

    Pan
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    Posts: 418
    Member
    edited September 27, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    Not sure what mods have to do with advancement tests.
    An ignorant trollish response wont save you either. Try again sir. Tell me again how modified fonts reduce lag.

    The purpose of modified font is to reduce the lag from opening the windows/chat log/etc. It doesn't serve any purpose in this case because I am simply just pressing a skill and running around shooting things. Anyone can do this, I believe you can too I hope.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited September 27, 2017
    Pan wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    Not sure what mods have to do with advancement tests.
    An ignorant trollish response wont save you either. Try again sir. Tell me again how modified fonts reduce lag.

    The purpose of modified font is to reduce the lag from opening the windows/chat log/etc. It doesn't serve any purpose in this case because I am simply just pressing a skill and running around shooting things. Anyone can do this, I believe you can too I hope.
    I know the purpose of modified fonts in Mabinogi. I'm not exactly new at this or anything. :smirk:

    I'm addicted to placebos. ~ I would quit taking them, but I don't think it'd make a difference.

  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    edited September 27, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I wasn't saying lag does not exist, or that no one experiences lag. I'm more or less implying I don't believe any of this depends on a zero lag connection (no lag at all) to be done (despite the number of stories from folks who'd like you to believe you need to be in S. Korea). :)

    I personally haven't done the dual gun exams yet, but from what I understand you do need to be able to use the skills as often as possible while also having the AoE skills actually aim properly. And when you don't have enough targets to AoE efficiently, you need to be able to dispatch them ASAP. Normal attacks with dual guns are notoriously slower in NA than Korea, presumably due to connection stuff, so perhaps that could make a more direct impact on test performance outside lag spiking?
    Side note: why does quoting other posts not remove any @ mentions in the original? I got an extra in this thread because of quoted text.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited September 27, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I wasn't saying lag does not exist, or that no one experiences lag. I'm more or less implying I don't believe any of this depends on a zero lag connection (no lag at all) to be done (despite the number of stories from folks who'd like you to believe you need to be in S. Korea). :)

    I personally haven't done the dual gun exams yet, but from what I understand you do need to be able to use the skills as often as possible while also having the AoE skills actually aim properly. And when you don't have enough targets to AoE efficiently, you need to be able to dispatch them ASAP. Normal attacks with dual guns are notoriously slower in NA than Korea, presumably due to connection stuff, so perhaps that could make a more direct impact on test performance outside lag spiking?
    Side note: why does quoting other posts not remove any @ mentions in the original? I got an extra in this thread because of quoted text.
    South Korean citizens do in fact have faster more reliable connections between their client and server (compared to us) and they can test these things in a near-to-zero lag environment. I think if Mabinogi were coded differently (with respect to optimizing network efficiency), we'd see less talk about this in the USA. The additional @mentions (outside of quotes) are due to my manually placing them there, because quoting a person doesn't notify them of the occurrence (they're told a post was made, but not told they were mentioned in it).

  • RaintheswordRainthesword
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    Posts: 53
    Member
    SO IF I USE ALL CAPS WILL SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO PASS CHARGE DAN, I GET SNIPED MULTI AGGRO,SNIPED WITH MAGIC, DISPLACEMENT TELEPORTING ME, CHARGE MAGICALLY CANCELING ON ITS OWN. I CAN BARELY SCRAP 5k POINTS IF RNG IS WILLING TO BE THAT GENEROUS, SOMEONE GOT ADVICE?
This discussion has been closed.