Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Longest Undisturbed AFK Streak (Leaving Mabi On)?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Gaea ~ There was a time when we didn't get a weekly maintenance. They were quite sporadic. :trollface:

Oh yeah, true.
  • MininightMininight
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    If the servers were Great, I could imagine a very long time with people, these days.
  • MininightMininight
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    If the servers were Great, I could imagine a very long time with people, these days.
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    I remember afking before heading of to school especially for fishing events and of course selling stuffs. I wonder how much afking would go down if they would just make an auction house.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited September 26, 2017
    I never close down Mabi. Only time I close down Mabi is when There is a maintenance.
  • YamamochanYamamochan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,455
    Hehsuitz wrote: »
    Out of memory
    Hehsuitz wrote: »
    poorly optimized game engine
    Yamamochan wrote: »
    out of memory
    @Hehsuitz @Yamamochan ~ Can you iterate on that some?
    Do the both of you realize this myth was proven to be one (a myth) on the prior forum? The forum timer is schizophrenic and non-related. It was originally theorized (by some) there was a "memory leak" and the proof given turned out to be normal system behavior (not a leak). If the two of you experience "out of memory" errors after leaving Mabinogi on for any length of time. I'd look somewhere else for the cause.

~ Riding a proven to be false bandwagon is not the answer.

jOEr7RR.png

idk what you're on about my dude

i know the forum thing was unrelated i just thought it was funny happening though unrelated

all i know is at times i would get a warning about memory in another window and it's not just me, my friends with better comps (even then at the time) would get it too

i never looked into it or its causes coz it was so infrequent

i wish i had a picture but i can't find any in my past chats

[Deleted User]
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »
    You know the maximum would be 6 days with maintenance.

You know it's time when you get a message that says your computer hasn't been restarted for a week. ;)
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited September 27, 2017
    W4iXyLH.jpg

I remember those days when that would happen in Win 95/98/ME/2000/xp... fun times specially when you had to close each and every one of those windows that would keep popping up almost faster then you could close em.
    Happy to see that not happen anymore in windows 7+
    [Deleted User]
    lidiya wrote: »
    W4iXyLH.jpg

I remember those days when that would happen in Win 95/98/ME/2000/xp... fun times specially when you had to close each and every one of those windows that would keep popping up almost faster then you could close em.

You spend 30 minutes turning on the computer, 30 minutes to load a browser, 30 minutes to load a page. Then the error appears. You spend another 30 minutes getting rid of the messages. If you had a 2 hour limit as a kid to use the computer, there goes your allocated time. Spend another 30 minutes to turn off the computer.
  • lidiyalidiya
    W4iXyLH.jpg

You spend 30 minutes turning on the computer, 30 minutes to load a browser, 30 minutes to load a page. Then the error appears. You spend another 30 minutes getting rid of the messages. If you had a 2 hour limit as a kid to use the computer, there goes your allocated time. Spend another 30 minutes to turn off the computer.

So you too ran windows 95 on a 16mhz 386sx with a whopping 4megs of ram, 1x cd drive, and an external 400meg SCSI hard drive from the 80's?
    Seriously I actually did run that for a year or so until my mother board burnt up (quite literally there were burn marks on the traces to the CPU), and it really did take 15-30 mins to boot up, but back then it was all mosaic for the internet browser(was there even another one back then?) which was quite fast.
    [Deleted User]
    W4iXyLH.jpg

So you too ran windows 95 on a 16mhz 386sx with a whopping 4megs of ram, 1x cd drive, and an external 400meg SCSI hard drive from the 80's?
    Seriously I actually did run that for a year or so until my mother board burnt up (quite literally there were burn marks on the traces to the CPU), and it really did take 15-30 mins to boot up, but back then it was all mosaic for the internet browser(was there even another one back then?) which was quite fast.

98, but they were almost the same.
    edited September 29, 2017
    @lidiya ~ I feel like a dinosaur. :smirk:

T1Ow9La.jpg

More like Facewall.
    HTTP3JzMTM3LnBic3JjLmNvbS9hbGJ1bXMvcTIwMy9jYXJleHBydC8xMjU1MTY5M2pkMi5naWZjiaYzIwMAloglog.gif

And then Facebook came along many yrs later.
  • lidiyalidiya
    edited September 30, 2017

T1Ow9La.jpg

FWIW that 386 wasn't my 1st computer it was my 1st x86 based computer lol That screen looked similar to what I remember of the Commodore 64 I had prior.
    I eventually got a 286 laptop... that sucker, and its batteries weighed I'd want to guess 40-50lbs lol and had a whole whoppin 20meg hard drive. I eventually threw it out, and before I did I took apart the battery pack the thing had something like 20 NiCd D cells in it lol

T1Ow9La.jpg

FWIW that 386 wasn't my 1st computer it was my 1st x86 based computer lol That screen looked similar to what I remember of the Commodore 64 I had prior.
    I eventually got a 286 laptop... that sucker, and its batteries weighed I'd want to guess 40-50lbs lol and had a whole whoppin 20meg hard drive. I eventually threw it out, and before I did I took apart the battery pack the thing had something like 20 NiCd D cells in it lol

And then you had functions like these in sci fi using the computer.
    wg-preferagoodgameofchess.jpg