Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Welcome to MusicQ!

SabinaSabina
Mabinogi Rep: 7,700
in Vault
The MusicQ Update has finally arrived! With an improved Music Composition System, a Renown System centered around music, support for up to a 16 player Jam Band and more! Find your favorite instrument and make sweet music with your fellow Milletians!

SebastianKikurikappaBlububbleskiyueKokoroShomaruki암호DragonoIcedrakeSaiAbyssand 3 others.

Comments

• KikurikappaKikurikappa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    This is so exciting, I hope everyone loves it!
  • AmarillysAmarillys
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Oh, My! Can't wait to play!
  • YutsukiYutsuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,710
    I've been waiting that! I've already been jaming with some random and nice people, I love it!
    Telmes
  • KinsenKinsen
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    And...dreams are crushed that there is no increase of character cap for composing but absolutely love the new look for the Skill UI as well as the new Bard Bulletin Board~
    Telmes
  • LacusLacus
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Everyone's so lively with so many new things to do; thank you for the great MusicQ update! ^_^
  • IronReaperIronReaper
    Anybody know what the Melody Step or where the Cairbre blessed areas are?
  • pennybrendapennybrenda
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,780
    what is with the renown tab ? i dont get what it does or what its suppost to do
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    IronReaper

Melody Step is a buff that you can receive from the Freestyle Jam action.
    To acquire the buff, you need to participate in a Freestyle Jam with at least one other player, and then obtain a Combo of at least 5 during the song.
    The buff lowers your durability consumption and also causes musical notes to trail behind your character's feet.
    The buff lasts for an hour and this timer can get refreshed if you acquire the buff again.

The blessing of Cairbre seems to be randomly applied to certain areas, though maybe it's brought about by a large group of Freestyle Jammers performing well in the Jam..
    You will be notified on your screen when an area becomes blessed.
    You will also be notified if you change channels or relog while an area is blessed.
    When there are only 5 minutes remaining on the blessings, you will again be notified where the blessed area is.

Using the Freestyle Jam action in an area blessed by Cairbre will award double bonus experience for using the Freestyle Jam action as well as award a Journal Achievement.
    KryoNikomisTelmesSylviaWolfe
  • IronReaperIronReaper
    edited December 16, 2016
    Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

IronReaper

Melody Step is a buff that you can receive from the Freestyle Jam action.
    To acquire the buff, you need to participate in a Freestyle Jam with at least one other player, and then obtain a Combo of at least 5 during the song.
    The buff lowers your durability consumption and also causes musical notes to trail behind your character's feet.
    The buff lasts for an hour and this timer can get refreshed if you acquire the buff again.

The blessing of Cairbre seems to be randomly applied to certain areas, though maybe it's brought about by a large group of Freestyle Jammers performing well in the Jam..
    You will be notified on your screen when an area becomes blessed.
    You will also be notified if you change channels or relog while an area is blessed.
    When there are only 5 minutes remaining on the blessings, you will again be notified where the blessed area is.

Using the Freestyle Jam action in an area blessed by Cairbre will award double bonus experience for using the Freestyle Jam action as well as award a Journal Achievement.
    This was very specific and insightful. Thank you for the info @Iyasenu ~
  • RuzukiRuzuki
    Sabina
    Sabina said:

The MusicQ Update has finally arrived! With an improved Music Composition System, a Renown System centered around music, support for up to a 16 player Jam Band and more! Find your favorite instrument and make sweet music with your fellow Milletians!
    Are there any plans to re-release the Bard partner with this update? I missed that partner when it was available before, and some of the requirements for Renown require having that partner.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Ruzuki
    Ruzuki said:

Are there any plans to re-release the Bard partner with this update? I missed that partner when it was available before, and some of the requirements for Renown require having that partner.
    Partners were re-released about 2 weeks ago I think? That being the case it will probably be a while before they're released again.
  • SpyxersSpyxers
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    Does anyone have problems with receiving the pre-registration gift?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Spyxers
    Spyxers said:

Does anyone have problems with receiving the pre-registration gift?
    Everyone I know who pre-registered had no problem getting it. You did go back to Joe to get it right? It's not an automatic delivery. You need to actually speak to him again and he'll give it to you as long as you had pre-registered.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited December 17, 2016
    Ruzuki
    Ruzuki said:

Sabina
    Sabina said:

Actually, I tested the whole listen to a piece of music your partner plays, but I did not receive any renown from their playing instrument. The requirements are probably something else. Jam session doesn't give anything either, and that's with my Bard Test score scroll. I found how it works, enter a Jam session mode, enter pure music mode, and make your partner play a score. (Click the headphones above your head) The chances aren't 100% though.
    Telmes
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    for those wondering, the melody step buff doesn't cancel when cc'ing
    Telmes
  • SaiAbyssSaiAbyss
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    This is a non-stop party. This is the BEST thing that has ever happened to Mabinogi~ ^o^/
    Telmeslatias1236
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    While i like pretty much everything this has put in one thing that i think needed to be thought about more is what the renown stuff gives i mean more crit damage and a higher crit rate really... why couldn't they have all just given a boost to different exp types i'm sure more players would find that helpful.
  • GorbonHairchildGorbonHairchild
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    edited December 28, 2016

I've had a REALLY rough month (and year, really) and I couldn't get on again until today. I just wanted to claim the box on the last day so it wouldn't go to waste.
  • latias1236latias1236
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Gotta say that I'm loving the Renown System and the Freestyle Jam. It makes it possible to play songs with complete strangers that sound great, don't require the joining of a party or music jam band, and that is just plain fun. I think this was a great addition to Mabinogi.