Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[KR] Demigod Gachapon/Sealed Chain Box

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited October 10, 2017 in General Chat
*Last OP Edit*
-10/5/17: Disclaimer added
-10/10/17: Edited the OP with OP Last Edits, OP Edits

giphy.gif

Before You Comment:
This is a thread about KR Mabinogi Release Content, it will not be in NA for quite a while.
Disclaimer: Certain Content May Or May Not Make It To NA Right Away...if at all.

For those who aren't aware, Nexon KR likes to make a few videos for fancy gachapons.
Not entirely sure this hasn't been posted yet, but wanted to make sure you guys read the news and saw the videos.

*Note* Google Translated
NEAe1G8MQoacBk4mO-PHcw.png
92017402.jpg

920174022.jpg

920174037.jpg

CkIJeGKHTCa9761HqOqzhw.png
bg.jpg
[Deleted User]MikuV3

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited October 4, 2017
    This was posted in another thread, BUT I think it's good to be posted in a new thread for people that don't read past the first few posts in threads XD I love those outfits, but I saw a guy in KR open like 400 gachas and never get any of the wings or the outfits. what he did get a TON of was elegant hanboks and theatrical troup wears and royal robes along with their hats and shoes.

I'm hoping when we get ours it has better odds and different items because it feels like we just got those items a few months ago anyways. I'm disappointed by the lack of green wings again and none seem dye-able which is disappointing because I actually like that wing style for once
    badnewsbarrettKokoroImaizumi
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but in the Magnificent Demi God Box gachapon, you could also get these "equipment gesture" cards, I forgot the name. The cards when used change the gesture of how your character looks holding that specific weapon...for 60 days. That's why there are the character pictures showing them holding weapons.
    ImaizumiTheNyanCat
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Oria wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but in the Magnificent Demi God Box gachapon, you could also get these "equipment gesture" cards, I forgot the name. The cards when used change the gesture of how your character looks holding that specific weapon...for 60 days. That's why there are the character pictures showing them holding weapons.

Wait wait wait wait...

Cards. That change animations like idles.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1907/making-more-use-of-the-style-tab-animation-cards

IS IT THE PROPHECY?
    [Deleted User]Darkpixie99[Deleted User]PeloiTairikuImaizumiSherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 4, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    and I should care why? (it's KR; not NA). :smirk:

*Enter Dramatic Voice*
    Because once in a blue moon, every three months...something gets localized.
    .....and the gachapons have the highest priority to Nexon, next to Gen quests.
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Oria wrote: »

Wait wait wait wait...

Cards. That change animations like idles.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1907/making-more-use-of-the-style-tab-animation-cards

IS IT THE PROPHECY?

Confirmed thanks to Google Translate! Just remember that race restrictions still apply.
    End of GM's Notes:
    Jn-2YfdpQ_y2jxIwSRdeEQ.png

badnewsbarrettNilrem[Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 4, 2017
    *Enter Dramatic Voice*
    Because once in a blue moon, every three months...something gets localized.
    .....and the gachapons have the highest priority to Nexon, next to Gen quests.
    Given the time and resources; I could draw up a list of hundreds of things we did not get from previous "upcoming" & "future" KR releases. What's worse is you know it's the truth. You know as well as I know why they consider threads like these taboo (in all versions of the forum).

~ *Hands Cough Drop* :smirk:

It's not so much as a taboo, but Nexon NA downright unintentionally admitting that if they didn't have the unreleased items on hold for filler sales...then they couldn't make anything on their own or compete with other MMOGs with better shops.
    (That actually have the resources to freely communicate or create content on their own.)
    If NA can't keep up with KR's business skills, then they'll just keep falling behind, plain and simple.
    [Deleted User]
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Equipment Animation cards? Not bad. Wasn't this out like 4 years ago in a different region?
  • HumiliatingHumiliating
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    edited October 5, 2017
    COUGHCOUGH2YEARSAGOCOUGH
    ITWASALSOFORPREMIUMSERVICE
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I like the music they used for that video lol.
    Also wish I never stumbled upon this forum because now I want the female outfit. Knowing how NA and KR is when it comes to releasing things, I hope we get that outfit eventually.
  • HumiliatingHumiliating
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Still waiting on the gacha that had the Succubus Fiend Wig. :/
    NilremLeiliciaSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Please no more gachas.
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Gaea wrote: »
    Please no more gachas.

Unfortunately, gachapons are the only way Nexon NA is capable of making a profit, and KR is constantly releasing new ones.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Wasn't this out like 4 years ago in a different region?
    Despite Nexon World Headquarter's relocation to Tokyo, Japan (in 2011); Mabinogi is not developed anywhere outside of South Korea.

What you said has no relation to what I said. Why did you even say it? I was talking about the animations, not the game.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 9, 2017
    Oh we will. So far we've received almost every gacha they've had this year.

I think the only one we didn't get was the succubus queen one. We probably won't because people were very much against it when someone posted about it in the forums.
    badnewsbarrett
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

I think the only one we didn't get was the succubus queen one. We probably won't because people were very much against it when someone posted about it in the forums.

I think the problem with the Succubus Queen set might have been that people wanted better drops, so it was released in the Rabbie Phantasm Dungeon instead.
    Not entirely sure because I didn't see the thread, but it makes sense to have a boss drop their themed items instead of relying on gachapons all the time.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited October 9, 2017
    Equipment Animation cards? Not bad. Wasn't this out like 4 years ago in a different region?

Taiwan, though it's not published by Nexon there if I recall correctly.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880

The weird part about the Succubus Queen Gacha is that all it really had were Wigs that are not even drops in the dungeon to begin with.

One of which I've been waiting MONTHS for. Even still have 3 dyes sitting in my inv for it.

Literally the only gacha I had any interest in buying, back when I had spare money for it.
    Now the wait has gone on so long its become a running gag with how long I wait for it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sebastian wrote: »

Taiwan, though it's not published by Nexon there if I recall correctly.

Oh God, to not be owned by nexon.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 10, 2017
    When was the last time South Korea developed something like that (models/animations) and then released it somewhere other than South Korea BEFORE releasing it to South Korea? This is why threads like this are problematic. People immediately jump to the conclusion that it is an all American release and pay no attention to what they are reading. Hinotama asked the question BEFORE a disclaimer was added to the main post. It all begins in South Korea; not in Taiwan, not in Japan, not Timbuktu. (No is the answer). No one released this 4 years before South Korea did.

giphy.webp
    Honestly, these debates get rather tiring, people need to start seeing that the thread title was (KR) then [KR] as in a Korea only release, which usually means it won't be out for about three months...usually with a catch.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Honestly, these debates get rather tiring, people need to start seeing that the thread title was (KR) then [KR] as in a Korea only release, which usually means it won't be out for about three months...usually with a catch.
    I don't disagree, and just think of how few debates there'd be if there had been a disclaimer when you first posted. ~ Probably none, because no one would have thought this was an American release coming over from KR (like they did the last few times). :smirk:

Well, it's in there now, so who's to complain if people are too lazy to notice?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Well, it's in there now, so who's to complain if people are too lazy to notice?
    Nexon, of course, but we'll have to wait and see if works or not first. ~ People are incredibly hard to manage. :smirk:

Or maybe just you. In any case, I'll add a bit extra to the OP so hopefully people will actually read it.
    [Deleted User]