Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

What do mabinovel collection books do?

FoodfoodfoodFoodfoodfood
Mabinogi Rep: 980
in Help
I talked to Sinead at Rath Royal Castle and noticed that she could give me two mabinovel books, one called return of the hero, the other called sword of the gods. What can you do with these two items? There is no "read" option, just "pick up" and "drop."

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    They give you NPCs and backgrounds to use while writing MabiNovels.

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/MabiNovel

If you like writing fanfiction and want to publish in-game, give it a go. The interface is a bit clunky to use though. (I don't write fanfiction, I used it to publish my lasagna recipe.)
    Leilicia[Deleted User]DueFuss
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    You pretty much have fun making your own short stories. The books help you get additional characters and scenery's to use. If you do....don't forget to do the mabi novel quest to obtain the bag to hold all the books. Not sure if you can re-obtain certain books again or not. I haven't tried it out since I lack inventory space.
    [Deleted User]
  • FoodfoodfoodFoodfoodfood
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    so do you have to write the mabinovel with those books in your inv to have access to those additions, or can you just drop the books after you've obtained them?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The only books you can't replace if you toss them are the ones from past events.
    Right now I think it's just the Memorial Collection Book, Event Collection Book, and the Fate/stay night (UBW) Collection Book.
    (And the Little Ghost Collection Book if you bought one from a William Partner and then decided to delete him for some reason)

The rest can either be bought again or, if given for free from the NPC dialogue option, the option will reappear if you don't have a copy of the collection book in your inventory.
    [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.