Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Let's Fish with Larry again!

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited October 6, 2017 in Vault
While we work out the errors with the Sky Lantern Event, we on the Mabinogi team thought it would be fun to bring back Larry's Fishing Event! We hope you enjoy it and thanks again for your understanding.

- The Mabinogi Team

00J7L-6884844e-808c-4b8a-b2ac-e80f7fb3bed1.jpg

The following Book items are not available in our NA service, sorry for any inconvenience.

• Tales of a Lighthouse I
  • Tales of a Lighthouse II
  • Tales of a Lighthouse III
  • The Fox and I
  • The Paladin's Oath
  • A Sword in His Hand
  • Memories of the Full Moon
  • Danger in Tir Chonaill
  • Synthesis, Fragmentation, Alchemy, and You
  • Errinn and Its Histories

If you fish up any of the books mentioned above, please note that they will be removed once the event is over.

[Deleted User]VimiPeloiSherri

Comments

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    what happen with Halloween or even lantern event?
    Peloi
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited October 6, 2017
    Hazurah wrote: »
    what happen with Halloween or even lantern event?

If you read the other topics, it's been postponed till it's fixed. Halloween might be afterwards...who knows.
    [Deleted User]
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    "The following Book items are not available in our NA service"

Um, I literally just fished up one of those books.067b929dda1ce8f83bb290302a23197d.png
    [Deleted User]VimiCrimsọn
  • KatherzKatherz
    @Leilicia
    If you manage to fish any of the books mentioned above, please note that they will be removed once the event is over.
    Leilicia[Deleted User]
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Wasn't there when I first read this post LAWL but I got it.
    [Deleted User]
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Katherz wrote: »
    @Leilicia
    If you manage to fish any of the books mentioned above, please note that they will be removed once the event is over.

Thanks @Katherz for confirming more plotholes for the other thread. :D
    Leilicia[Deleted User]
  • iMattxCiMattxC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    @Leilicia

"If you manage" Fishes one up every other time.
    Leilicia[Deleted User]
  • KatherzKatherz
    Fixed :p
    [Deleted User]
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    But.....we must keep to unlock their secrets. o:)
    [Deleted User]
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Not to rain on the parade here, but I actually kinda wish they'd just "fix" the books and then give us some kind of, oh, I dunno, "library" system? The book unlocks a spot on the library and we don't have to lug all the books we like around?
    Sherri
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Policroma wrote: »
    Not to rain on the parade here, but I actually kinda wish they'd just "fix" the books and then give us some kind of, oh, I dunno, "library" system? The book unlocks a spot on the library and we don't have to lug all the books we like around?

Sadly they give us a small space hogging library called a book bag. :/ the rest is gatcha....they gatcha good. :|
    Sherri
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    .. So is this the same event from last time? or did they some what change this one.. xD this one didnt happen that long ago- so if they didnt even change it then i kind of find that depressing.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    It's the same as last time ..

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Larry's_Swimming_with_the_Fishes_Event
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    .. So is this the same event from last time? or did they some what change this one.. xD this one didnt happen that long ago- so if they didnt even change it then i kind of find that depressing.
    They didn't "plan" to have this event right now. Their reason is clearly spelled out on the main page.
    "While we work out the errors with the Sky Lantern Event, we on the Mabinogi team thought it would be fun to bring back Larry's Fishing Event! We hope you enjoy it and thanks again for your understanding."

>_> well sorry- I clearly didnt care enough to read it. Since i like getting the players feedback more on this stuff anyways with how things are lately. T_T" i just want the halloween event...
    [Deleted User]PeloiSherri
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    >_> well sorry- I clearly didnt care enough to read it. Since i like getting the players feedback more on this stuff anyways with how things are lately. T_T" i just want the halloween event...
    Don't be sorry. It's also the context of the first post. ~ You basically said, you didn't read this thread, lol sigh. :smirk:
    While we work out the errors with the Sky Lantern Event, we on the Mabinogi team thought it would be fun to bring back Larry's Fishing Event! We hope you enjoy it and thanks again for your understanding.

- The Mabinogi Team

x3 I just got off work and im very.. very tired- So yea theres a high chance that was the case as well. lmao.
    [Deleted User]
  • ImZooskyImZoosky
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    I completed the quest, and did not get any pieces of the outfit. I assumed as you completed the tiers you would get pieces, or is the event based off RNG?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Doing this event for a second chance to try and get the Special Double-breasted suit. Everything else are trash.
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    What if we got the books previously from other events will they still be removed? I still don't understand why they are such a big issue, I for one like having some unusal books in game.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    ImZoosky wrote: »
    I completed the quest, and did not get any pieces of the outfit. I assumed as you completed the tiers you would get pieces, or is the event based off RNG?

The quest states to obtain the boxes to help recover their items. The reward at the end is the package as stated.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Greta wrote: »
    Doing this event for a second chance to try and get the Special Double-breasted suit. Everything else are trash.

Best of luck.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    fish for hours only to get 1 box filled with 1 good thing and hundreds of trash?
    this event....are you even trying?