Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rebirth Potions not expiring on the 28th

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    There is most definitely nothing to be compensated for.
    Azurewave
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    I used around 4 during the Mission Point Event and, after that, I got another 5. Of those, 2 were dropped because "the event will end the 28th, need space so bye bye" and one was used before the end of the 28th.
    As the event finished, I was surprised to see that the last 2 potions I didn't use it or dropped it, were still there. I was a bit mad about myself for dropping something that could be useful for the Double Rainbow, but still was happy that I didn't drop the last 2 (excluding the Caravan One).

We got a compensation: we could use the Expiring ones even after the expiring date.
    Azurewave
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Chances are the Nexon team were unaware of the issue considering they were all on holiday during the time the potions should have expired. I'm just happy they were nice and gave us two weekends of Double Rainbow. The last time they did that was how I got my Magic Craft to Mastered. XD
  • CassaCassa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,305
    Correct me if I'm wrong or if someone mentioned this already but without the mission point event the rebirth potion event wouldn't have even happened right? So common sense would dictate that those potions were to be used during that event. Seems like you're just salty because it didn't work out the way you wanted - but honestly that wasn't the way it was intended anyway. I don't think anyone should've planned for it to happen that way and I therefore don't believe there should be compensation for that reason alone.
    Azurewave
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    I dont think a compensation is necessary, but maybe in the future a free rebirth potion + another AP event would be nice. It's not the end of the world otherwise, since Rebirth Potions aren't hard to come by and are handed out like candy.
  • RakRak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Huh, I didn't know they were meant to expire. I still have all 11 pots in my inventory. I guess I dodged a bullet?
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    @Leinei Ohh nice xD

@Rak 11? Jesus....
  • RakRak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited January 3, 2017
    @BerrySwirl Yeah, after seeing this thread, I went and used them all rebirthing at 70/20. I don't want nexon waking up tomorrow, seeing this thread, and deleting the rebirth pots. D:

On the other hand, guess who now has 10.5k AP to spend? :)
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    This angers me. Just another event that doesn't work as intended so people who don't plan for the failure to the event get punished.

Wanna know the bit that really angers me though? It's isn't really about no notice appearing. It's about the people in game who gloat how they get all of this AP, and tell us players beneath them to grind it out like they did. When they merely just get lucky, so in the end we're stuck at a disadvantage while they get to harass us about it.

So this fudge up is more than about NX messing up again.
    Greta
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    @Rak Welp, you're set. xD

@hontoowari well I had 4 from the event and didn't bother using them. Still have them in my inv. I agree people who did use them for DR shouldn't gloat about it or fault people for not knowing the pots wouldn't expire.

Still no need for compensation though.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 3, 2017
    Yeah they compensate us enough. Despite what people think, they do listen to us and try to make us happy with new things and events down the road. Just so you know, they don't have to do these things for us at all. They could just do weekly maintenance and say screw it.

Also they can't make us all happy. No matter what they do there will always be disgruntled players.
    Cassa
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    edited January 5, 2017
    Gaea said:

Yeah they compensate us enough. Despite what people think, they do listen to us and try to make us happy with new things and events down the road. Just so you know, they don't have to do these things for us at all. They could just do weekly maintenance and say screw it.

Also they can't make us all happy. No matter what they do there will always be disgruntled players.
    The problem we have with NX is that every event is messed up in some way. I mean seriously in the past 7 months every single event has been messed up in some way. It's a wonder why all of this compensation has been going out. Personally I rather have events that work, and the events spelled out in their banners without misleading information.

And you're right they don't have to do it, but they do it because it's easier to give people little things than it is to fix code/come up with original ideas. So don't keep being fooled by the compensation as free will. It's only there because it's easier than getting things right the first time, and finishing the things already in the game. The compensation was set as a precedent long ago to placate people during transition.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 5, 2017

@hontoowari uhhh sorry but a lot of people DID grind it out... WAY before they started raining AP on people constantly like candy... you know, like 2012 - 2014?
    Xtroo
  • CelinusCelinus
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    Honestly, I'm very sure that considering how much AP we get bombarded with for ranking talents/dailies/rebirth every 6 days without even events there is no need for any compensation. Yes their notice was wrong, we still got to use our RB pots and get tons of AP from it. Nobody is gonna get hurt in any significant way because they missed 600 AP or so during double rainbow because we will get a billion double rainbow and 3x AP events and free AP potions like always. To me asking for compensation for this seems greedy, but that's just my personal opinion.
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    i kept my potions because i didnt read the description and i didnt know it was supposed to expire

i got all my stuff so maybe next time dont read the fine print
    Xtroo
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited January 5, 2017
    I didn't bother even trying to collect them BECAUSE it stated they expire.

I think that is funny.
  • RaimondoRaimondo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    I didn't bother collecting them either.
    Mostly because the sign-up event gave us a 30-day one, and I was content on holding it until the last day possible.
    Got lucky and received a dooble roonber event and just ATEDATSTUFFS.
    But the whole RB pot event was a dumb concept to begin with- considering how hard Mabinogi is on PCs in general.
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    Arjune
    Arjune said:

@hontoowari uhhh sorry but a lot of people DID grind it out... WAY before they started raining AP on people constantly like candy... you know, like 2012 - 2014?
    Ugh yes I do know, because I was one of the grinders. Started after G3, but you have to think why they rain AP on people these days. It's because of how many more skills there are now compared to how many there were during the grind times. They've also added more end game content so we need all of the stat boosts we can get. Then too a lot of the skills are AP intensive.

And I say it's still a grind unless you're buying those skill lvl up potions which some skills you absolutely have to use them for.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Hardmuscle

Something tells me this thread would be here (as a complaint) if the Rebirth Potions had expired on the 28th. ☺

"Rebirth Potions expired when the event ended, as stated... *rage* *spit* *flames* *fury* ...*double rainbow!!*..."

~ A classic case of being damned when you do and damned when you don't. ☺
    Pretty much.

OP is obviously just salty.

Maybe if he didn't change characters left and right he wouldn't need that much AP.
    NeynaAstralBlueGreta[Deleted User]