Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Flash launcher damage reforge is broken?

ChaosblazedChaosblazed
Mabinogi Rep: 100
edited December 31, 2016 in Bugs and Glitches
What is the issue?
I have flash launcher damage level 15 on my armor and level 3 on my accessory but I'm doing literally the same damage as I am without them.https://youtube.com/watch?v=-ArGo-SZY7E

What steps must be taken for us to recreate the issue?
I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this issue or if it's a bug at all. Just slap on some flash launcher reforged gears and try it

What do you expect to happen instead?
According to wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Reforge there should be a 5% damage increase per level, so 90% damage increase total. I understand that it's arguably not a reliable source but the reforge is so useless it doesn't even seem to add 5 max per level.

IGN-darkfire5981
Server-Tarlach

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 31, 2016
    Your missing several needed elements to your report before it can be submitted. The requirements are in the link below.

bugs-glitches-forum-section
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/6/welcome-to-the-bugs-glitches-forum-section
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited January 1, 2017
    Have you tried using flash launcher multiple times (since the damage isn't fixed) to determine your highest damage with and without the reforges (imo test it with the level 15 then both together)? It shouldn't be hard to calculate after.

Since it works with Blaze, It should work for Flash Launcher too. Except Blaze's explosion is fixed.

• ChaosblazedChaosblazed
    edited January 1, 2017
    Yep,I've already tested it multiple times. My damage range was still more or less between 4-5k. I've also done with with the armor and the accessory separately and still get the same result. My balance is at 80% so even with a minimum damage roll,a 90% boost is too significant for it to not show.https://youtube.com/watch?v=hzpcujm0JgE&feature=youtu.be
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=tMMvidpTCXg
  • NeynaNeyna
    edited January 1, 2017
    Hmm.. it does look like you're doing more damage with RKA from the vids and more with the accs.
    eg.
    Without Accs: 4760 (this is probably one of your highest roll hence why you think they're the same) and 11472 (lower roll)
    With RKA : 4849 and 12.5k crit (might be decent rolled damage)
    With both : 4.9k crit and 13.2k crit (decent rolled damage) (I think your damage should've been 90% more than without anything.. not sure if wiki's wrong with the info)

I think what's best is to do this on provo barriers and write down your highest damage you can deal on each.

I had that issue when it comes to reforges on Drop Kick, (before I realise that heavy armor reduces my drop kick damage) but I don't think Flash Launcher has that issue.

And what's your max damage? since there's a formula to calculate your damage off that.
  • ChaosblazedChaosblazed
    After playing around with it some more,there does seem to be a slight increase.My highest damage without any reforge was 4.9k and highest crit at 12.2k. With both the armor and the accessory,my highest damage was 5.2k and crit at 13.5k...that have to be the worst damage boost for any skill damage reforge ever...At this point I'm just hoping it's a bug because I spent quite a bit trying to get it for pvping.
  • KBaLLeR69KBaLLeR69
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    When I messed around with the reforge, it was pretty noticeable despite the fact I lost about 40~ max from using the clothing with flash reforge.
  • NeynaNeyna
    edited January 2, 2017
    hmm yeah that is weird since you're only getting 30% more damage from both reforges.. I don't have those reforges on my armor to be able to calculate sadly :c maybe submit a ticket and see what they say?

And isn't fighter better for pvp?
  • ChaosblazedChaosblazed
    edited January 2, 2017
    KBaLLeR69
    KBaLLeR69 said:

When I messed around with the reforge, it was pretty noticeable despite the fact I lost about 40~ max from using the clothing with flash reforge.
    What do you mean by noticeable?how much of an increase did you get?
    Neyna
    Neyna said:

And isn't fighter better for pvp?
    There's no fighter reforge on armor other than focus fist and spinning uppercut. Uppercut leave you vulnerable and focus fist doesn't land often enough and isn't exactly a high damage dealing skill.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited January 2, 2017
    Focus fist is a high damage dealing skill, people just can't pull that off.
    Don't limit your views.

Fighter is definitely best for PvP.
  • NeynaNeyna
    edited January 2, 2017
    What Kaga said. You will use focused fist when you pvp with fighter anyways ( since there are only 2 first chain combo sadly).
    Its multiplier is op as well so you could easily deal high damage even if you don't fully charge, but if you do, you'd deal over 910% focused fist damage if you get chain mastery to r1 & FF r1 (not including reforges).

Only disadvantage is you're using heavy armor.

Either ways, just submit a ticket and hope they figure out a solution instead of them saying ' we will investigate'.
    Kaga
  • ChaosblazedChaosblazed
    I'm not saying fighter isn't best for pvp,I'm saying there're better reforges on armor for pvp. Of course focus fist will be use but the problem is a lot of the time it miss or get block/counter and you can't pull off a full charge to get the damage boost unless the person you're fighting have absolutely no experience in pvping. Not to mention that focus fist is on cool down most of the time because you can use it to dodge assault slash,lightning rod,fireball.
  • NeynaNeyna
    This is why Fighter seriously need a buff. I hardly use my knuckles anymore aside on Clobbermeister and Dropkick/Focused Fist Damage Testing. If only I have faster speed to be able to PvP or at least do missions with it. :c

Let's hope that Flash launcher issue is just a bug.
    Kaga