Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Publish Gachapon Drop Rates

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Seeing how Nexon KR has recently been doing this for Gachapon releases, it should be a rather simple thing to to do, all you'd have to do is translate and re-type.
    The above example is due to the law in South Korea. If they had an actual choice (like they do here), I doubt that would exist. I guess I can't say doubt, but we both know it likely wouldn't exist. Point is, that wasn't done because they had intentions (or plans) to do it initially. It's also not as simple as copy/paste (devoid of localization), unless they plan to use the exact same rewards as their copy. Besides all of the hocus-pocus. They already know "how" to do these things. It's not about needing instructions.

Eh, it is a rather easy thing to make a spreadsheet, and it wouldn't deviate from the way Nexon KR approves things.
    It might actually be better to have it than to not, since people often quit spending after not knowing that the rates are and always have been terrible in the first place.
    This review over the items and rates in each NA gachapon might actually be a good incentive for marketing in NA to start working with KR more to build revive a better interest in Mabinogi. Either way it's Nexon's slow fall into smaller servers.
    879cbdde510096ef37be0f970c0ec64ae0f3715623aefff33a2b831c4b7744c7.gif
    [Deleted User]
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    This should be a definite.

No more guessing, no need to ask people what they got and compiling a "possible" spreadsheet.

The company itself can tell us how unlikely we are to get the flagship item of a Gacha.
    [Deleted User]Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 8, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Darkpixie99 ~ @PlatinaKoki ~

To clarify on some of what I've said. My only opposition to this topic is the release of current rates (and that could be purely speculation based, on my own part, but it's still my opinion). Other than that; I don't have any opposition at all. "Easy to do" is an understatement; because the rates already exist in code (in a manner of speaking). There's no real magic (no guessing) involved when deciding (or applying) drop rates.

So then your problem lies within the currently released gachapons, including the Eweca Orb which would require an update for a rates chart to be viable?
    If the rates are in the code and it's easy to do, then there shouldn't be any problem to add it in.
    (Unless marketing is too afraid it could dissway spending.)
    It could be done at least by the start of next year when marketing can go through with plans for next year's improvements/minor updates.
    2dd836f40d6d4a2819ca1a55f7042b5b2e0779c5_hq.gif
    There are other ways to improve gachapon like systems, such as adding in a guarantee in a 11x box for something at least in the mid rarity tier. (Min/Max 1 guarantee.)
    I'm going to use Line Play (Mobile app) as an example, as they also use gachapons similarly to Mabinogi.
    Their rarity system goes from 1-5 Stars, with 5 being the Ultra Rare.
    Mabinogi KR's rarity system on the other hand is D-S, with S as the highest rarity.
    Now for Mabinogi NA, KR's rarity D items would normally be classified into the extra item within a gachapon, such as training potions.
    In order to make up for the high cost of high rarity items, some companies have started doing 'Flash Sales,' where NX would be increased in value by a much larger scale in a short window of time. This keeps sales flowing and encourages players to gamble on gamble boxes.
    (25,000 NX becomes 30,000 or 27,500)
    There has been a few Flash Sales for NX, but it usually doesn't happen all that often.
    I'm wondering if marketing actually knows the current trends in the way gachapons are sold, since the shop really hasn't changed all that much.
    Buffalos
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited October 8, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    I know KR gacha drop rate is way lower than ours but still want to know drop rate for our version as well. :3c

don't know about that looking at how many of the rare items I've seen from pretty much any given gacha I think they are pretty much the same drop rates
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I'm wondering if marketing actually knows the current trends in the way gachapons are sold, since the shop really hasn't changed all that much.

If they did, I don't think this thread's suggestion would have to be pitched.
    Darkpixie99[Deleted User]
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Oh thats easy:

5% Good stuff
    95% Junk

If Female: 90% Male clothings 10% Female Clothings
    If Male: 90% Female clothings 10% Male Clothings
    Sherri[Deleted User]
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 16, 2017
    I agree. Plenty of games that I play on my phone have gachas, and they post %.
    An example, one game I play (I don't know if I'm allowed to say it's name) has the drop rate of the rarity of items;
    R - 29.2%
    RR - 46.3%
    SR - 20.7%
    MR (Motion Rare) 3.8%
    It would be really nice to know

It might be harder to implement drop rates in Mabinogi considering how there are often a lot of items in a gacha.
    There would be a lot of percentages with decimals, im sure. Ex; 3.5986747%
    just spammed numbers tbh but i think people will get it :)

unless Nexon/DevCat implements a rarity chart on what items would be considered rare and what ones would be common.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Have we learned nothing from %'s and Mabinogi? ;)
    223px-Ferghus.png
    Erorserv
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Sherri wrote: »
    It might be harder to implement drop rates in Mabinogi considering how there are often a lot of items in a gacha.

You don't need to show full decimal places for this, really. Most apps I follow that do this show only the first decimal place, or maybe the first two if that reward tier pool is large.
    [Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 20, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

You don't need to show full decimal places for this, really. Most apps I follow that do this show only the first decimal place, or maybe the first two if that reward tier pool is large.

Yep, even companies like Nintendo does stuff like what I talked about before, with a guaranteed high rarity within a certain failure percentage.
    I'll see if I can find a good example for this...hopefully one that's in English.

Wiki Page with WildStar item ranking and Guarantee gauge.

App Model of Guarantee Visual:
    180?cb=20160904092743

Dragon Nest JP Model of Guarantee Visual:
    levelcaptain-gacha-aug15.jpg
    eso-lockboxes-01-860x280.jpg

Actually...I'm not too sure that MMOGs with the gachapon model are doing so hot lately.
    I'd like to bring up Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) and the way they do crates, but since I don't play, I really can't make a comparison to argue the benefit or lack of improvement it could bring.
    All I can say is that the Cash Shop should make it optional to either gachapon for or purchase specific items on the Cash Shop directly instead.
    Or maybe it really is time for marketing to consider an alternative profit model for Mabinogi's Cash Shop.

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited October 26, 2017
    Finally looked at the published drop rates for the current KR gachas.

Those rates are dismal and their grading system is horribly done in my opinion.
    S Grade - all the really awesome stuff (current gachas in KR are < 3% and <4%)
    A Grade - the 2nd tier new items + all the stuff we don't want (> 75% and >20%)
    B Grade - dependant on whether or not there are C and D Grade prizes ( ikr the percentages atm except for if there are more grades: around 30%)
    C Grade - can't remember what all was in this grade, but I do remember not being thrilled at it ( around 30%)
    D Grade - fixed dyes (around 5% iirc)

Yeah pretty bleak to me, but I want to know if there are further probabilities within those percentages. Like out of the < 3% what are the chances the item you get is male as opposed to female?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Yeah pretty bleak to me, but I want to know if there are further probabilities within those percentages. Like out of the < 3% what are the chances the item you get is male as opposed to female?

Safe assumption in the industry I've seen is the total % is evenly spread across each item in the corresponding bracket. If S tier is a 5% pull rate with 10 items in it, it should be 0.5% chances for each individual item. Do the shoes/gloves/hats of the cover outfits fall under the same tier as the outfits proper or not? That can muddy things up a bit if they are on the same tier, since it's fairly obvious that shoes and gloves are more common than outfits.